Newts:0
    OWLS: 620
    House Points:960
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    st (8-1) w 33 h 35 b 37
    10/1 goal: w 28/30 h 30/32 b 34/36
    10/31 goal: same as 10/1 but with my booty being what it is now. if i hit my goal before 10/31 i think i will just start trying to burn a certain number of calories if that is ok.

8-8 to 8-22 same as start
    8-29 w 32 h 35 b 361/2
    9-4 w 311/2 h 341/2 b 36
    9-12 w 31 h 34 b 36
    9-19 w 30 h 32 b 34
    9-26 w 30 h 32 b 331/2
    10-2 w 29 3/4 h 32 b 33
    10-9 w 29 1/4 h 32 b 32

owls: toe touch crunch--- 830
    newts: was still way under for 6 days and still under for day 7 but not under as much as usual or as i wanted to be so 30 pts here
    hp: 1715 minutes of exercise

another week down of kicking *kitten*, cant wait to start this week
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OWLS- 65
    NEWTS- 5
    175. :( gain of 2.
    This week I did really awful with my food choices. I am mad at myself, but it's a new week and I am going to choose right and keep it up. I blame it on my birthday week.

My new goal for oct 31 will be 165. Ambitious goal, but I think it will kick my butt into gear.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Check-in...

Weight - unchanged
    OWLs and NEWTs - none; I was on travel
    House Points: 138; I did actually run twice while I was out of town, so I felt pretty good about that!
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I may be too late for my check in since I usually check in on Fridays....

This is my check in for Friday, the 7th:

Weight - 184.7
    Owls - 0
    Newts - 20
    HP - 480
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Lost 1/4lb.

1) Goal weight for October 31st (or Halloween)
    121lb (because that is my most bloated day in the TOM cycle; I'll be lucky if I don't weigh more than I do now!)

2) Your weight from the weekend of 9/30-10/3 if you have not already given it to me.
    122lb, but you should already have this

3) Whether or not you are able to earn House Points. If you aren't ABLE to, please let me know ahead of time for the week.
    Yes, I can earn house points.

OWLS - 0 Bought a selection of seasonal Autumn veg (eg sprouts, carrot onion and swede) but not had chance to do anything with it yet.
    NEWTS - 0 I have an exercise routine and do other stuff that works for me, and I keep forgetting to do this; I'm not going to be earning many newts!
    House Points - 130 Unwell and busy; taking a few days off formal exercise.

GOALS
    End of October 121

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    5th September 125
    12th September 123.2
    19th September 123
    26th September 124.2
    3rd October 122
    10th October 121.75
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    0 lost
    Hp: 285
    I forgot to check the owls and newts sorry!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! Monday check in.

CW: 171 (gained a half pound so feeling really really really undeserving of my prefect badge :cry: )
    GW for Oct 31: 165
    OWLS: 310
    NEWTS: 25 (had a rough week and overindulged in wine and such a few days...sorry)
    HP: 340

Ever since I had my run in with the spiders my weight (and mood) have been up and down, up and down. Hopefully this week I'll get myself back on track.
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see the NOTICE. :( My goal weight for October 31st is 180. Baby steps!! :)
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 159.0 lbs
    Today: 159.6 lbs ..... a 0.6 lb gain >_<
    Oct 31 GW: 155.0 lbs

Newts: 0 points

Owls: 0 Points

House Points: Monday, Oct 3rd to Sunday, Oct 9th totalled 350 Minutes = 350 Points

Crappy results due to illness, injury and not drinking NEARLY enough water :( I'll do better this week!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all! In light of some personal issues over the last week, I need to skip my weigh-in for this week. Sorry team. :(

Here are my other numbers:
    Oct 31 GW: 149 lbs
    Last Monday: 154.2

Going to try to recommit myself this week... Hopefully it will help me keep my mind off things too. <3
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add this to my previous post.

Goal weight for October 31: 208 (I seem to be losing weight glacially, but I am losing inches it would seem)
    Weight for 9/30-10/3: 210.8
    Weight for 10/7-10/10: 210.8 (see what I mean about glacial weight loss?)

Bronwen, pls let me know if you need additional info from me.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think some of you are confused about me posting the next week's OWLs & NEWTs on Wednesday/Thursday of the week.

When I post those, it's to give you heads up of what's coming for the NEXT week, and to let people who weigh in before Monday a chance to start the challenges when it's convenient for them. The Inter-House rules state that anyone can weigh in ANY TIME between Friday and Monday of each week, just to remind you.

Just glancing through, TourThePast- you said you got some seasonal veggies but didn't use them and so earned 0 points. The seasonal recipe NEWTs are for THIS WEEK that just began yesterday, so you still have plenty of time to complete that.

The challenge you should be posting about is getting within 100 calories above or below your daily goal, and toe touch crunches. I'll try to really make it clear when I post these from now on. I'll remind you individually if I have the wrong info for you sometime today.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    You guys are doing wonderfully! I wish I could respond to you individually, but right now life is not allowing it.

When you guys do less than the full amount of OWLs or NEWTs or House Points, I'm NOT mad or disappointed in you. I get the feeling that some of you feel like you're letting me down.

I'm so proud of each and every one of you for sticking with me and just doing your best despite what life throws at us. It's fun to be competitive, even motivating! But every little bit helps, and I understand that everyone's different.

I don't get to tell you all as much as I want to, but please know this. I love our Gryffindor family very much!

Also, here are my stats for this week:

CW: 256.6
    HP: 183
    OWLs: 50
    NEWTs: 10 (my food was all over the place this week!)

Goal for 10/31: 250 (again. I'm gonna bust through it this time!!!)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Just heard that this week we should have been posting "toe touch crunches" and "within 100 calories" - apologies for not paying attention.

I had checked your blog (which is oddly not linked on your profile, but is helpfully in your sig line) but glazed over the list of dates because despite being perfectly numerate in every other way, I appear to have a long standing numeric dyslexia with dates in the American format. As a Brit, no matter how much I tell myself it's not, 10/3 always reads as 10th March, as much as... well "10th March" reads "10th March" to you! :bigsmile:

I'll make sure I get it right next week, on the plus side, I will get credit for my Autumn veg. Meanwhile please change my NEWT score to 20 this week. It would usually be more than that, but I had three days of eating TWO THOUSAND calories a day!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I earned all my NEWTS last night. I love spaghetti squash, and I consider that a fall vegetable (since thats generally the only time I can find it). And thanks to skinnytaste.com found an awesome recipe to use it in that I absolutely love! It is way filling and low in calories (bonus). Plus she makes it in individual pans so it was easy for me to make a single serving.

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna - serves 4. Per serving - 291 cal. 13.7 fat, 21 carb, 19.5 protein

-2 cups marinara sauce (i use her recipe for quick marinara, let me know if you want recipe It's a great pasta sauce base as well as pizza sauce)
    -3 cups cooked roasted spaghetti squash (cut squash in half, scoop out seeds and fiber. Place on baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook at 350 for about an hour or until tender.)
    -1 cup part skim ricotta
    -8 Tbs parmesan cheese
    -6 oz part skim shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 375.
    In 4 individual 5x7 baking dishes, ladle 1/4 cup marinara on bottom of each dish, top with 3/4 cup of cooked spaghetti squash and spread evenly. Top each with 1/4 cup ricotta. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of parmesan and .75 oz of mozzarella on each. Add another 1/4 cup marinara, 1 tsp parmesan, and .75 oz of mozarella on each.
    Cover with foild and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges begin to bubble, unvcover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
    Enjoy!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Just heard that this week we should have been posting "toe touch crunches" and "within 100 calories" - apologies for not paying attention.

I had checked your blog (which is oddly not linked on your profile, but is helpfully in your sig line) but glazed over the list of dates because despite being perfectly numerate in every other way, I appear to have a long standing numeric dyslexia with dates in the American format. As a Brit, no matter how much I tell myself it's not, 10/3 always reads as 10th March, as much as... well "10th March" reads "10th March" to you! :bigsmile:

I'll make sure I get it right next week, on the plus side, I will get credit for my Autumn veg. Meanwhile please change my NEWT score to 20 this week. It would usually be more than that, but I had three days of eating TWO THOUSAND calories a day!

Got it, love. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us :)
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 112-113 for Halloween. I put on a couple of pasta lbs this weekend! I normally am 2 tired and busy with my little boys by the time I do Turbo fire or Chalean Extreme and then run 3-5 miles to do much else but I love the recipe challenges and tallying up my hours of HP each week :) I doubt that I will ever win anything because I really don't have anything to loose, inches or lbs my goal is 110. But maybe maintenance points in some way? Idk. It's fun for me just adding up my HP :) Thanks for letting me be in!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Jamie, that sounds fantastic! I might have to try that soon!

I earned most of my NEWTs last night, too. I've already used pumpkin this season (for my cookies), but I tried it in something new. I kind of made this up as I went, but it turned out so yummy I thought I'd share.

Hearty Pumpkin Soup

1 10.75oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 15 oz can of pumpkin
    3 tbs garlic powder or to taste
    1 tbs onion powder or to taste
    1/2 tbs curry powder or to taste
    A tiny bit of nutmeg
    Pepper to taste
    1 tbs sour cream

Put the soup and pumpkin in a sauce pan and heat gently. Once it combines some, add one can (the chicken soup can) of water to make it thinner like soup.

Add the spices to taste and continue heating it until its hot enough for you. Once you dish it up, add the sour cream in a dollop on top and swirl it into the soup with your spoon as it melts.

It sounds really weird, but my roomie and I loved it. It was hearty, and a good balance of savory and sweet. Plus it was pretty filling! We had it with grilled eggplant sandwiches and it was awesome.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    My goal is to be 112-113 for Halloween. I put on a couple of pasta lbs this weekend! I normally am 2 tired and busy with my little boys by the time I do Turbo fire or Chalean Extreme and then run 3-5 miles to do much else but I love the recipe challenges and tallying up my hours of HP each week :) I doubt that I will ever win anything because I really don't have anything to loose, inches or lbs my goal is 110. But maybe maintenance points in some way? Idk. It's fun for me just adding up my HP :) Thanks for letting me be in!

Honestly, I don't mind people being in the challenge just to earn House Points and OWLs and NEWTs. Fitness is more important to me than the number on the scale for our group (tho God knows I still have a lot of pounds that just need to go! lol).

If concentrating on exercising gets you where you'd like to be on the scale as a bonus, I think that's awesome. I'm so glad you have fun doing it!