Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Hurray!!! 122lb today, which was a huge relief. :bigsmile:

House points are low because I have not logged lot of formal exercise due to traveling / jetlag / catching up with things after being away, though I have been on my feet and doing a lot of physical stuff.

OWLS - 5 Posted a recipe but not yet had chance t o try one.
    NEWTS - 0
    House Points - 412

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    5th September 125
    12th September 123.2
    19th September 123
    26th September 124.2
    3rd October 122
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Well, since I've been so sick this week I shouldn't be surprised I'm back up. But it's still a bummer!

Great recipes this week, guys! I tried the spinach artichoke dip and the black bean quesadillas, both were delicious! I saved the others to try later, too :)

CW: 256.8 (I need to step it up!)
    Owls: 70
    Newts: 10
    HPs: 96

Happy start of October, Gryffs! Let's make it count!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 161.2 lbs
    Today: 159.0 lbs! 2.2 lbs lost :D
    Oct 1 GW: 160lbs - met and passed on September 27th!!

Newts: Post a recipe x 0 = 0 Points; Try a recipe x 1 = 5 points

Owls: 0 Points

House Points: Monday 26th Sept to Sunday 2nd Oct totalled 452 Minutes = 452 Points

A mild cold and a pulled muscle in my shoulder/neck sucked the life outta me this week :( Hopefully next week will be better.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Here are my totals for the week.

CW: 170.5 down 5.5 pounds from last week (that's what happens when you're no longer on bed rest)

Missed my October goal by .5 pounds :(

OWLS: 100
    NEWTS: 10
    HP: 480
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Check-in!
    Weight: no change
    OWLs: 40 NEWTs: 0
    House Points:186

I'm on travel this week but still got my run in this morning!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 161.2 lbs
    Today: 159.0 lbs! 2.2 lbs lost :D
    Oct 1 GW: 160lbs - met and passed on September 27th!!

Newts: Post a recipe x 0 = 0 Points; Try a recipe x 1 = 5 points

Owls: 0 Points

House Points: Monday 26th Sept to Sunday 2nd Oct totalled 452 Minutes = 452 Points

A mild cold and a pulled muscle in my shoulder/neck sucked the life outta me this week :( Hopefully next week will be better.

Great job on meeting your October goal!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

Last Monday 168.5
    Today: 168!

Newts: 0 and Owls: 0 :/ I fell off the wagon this challenge

Just got back from a walk, felt great! I hope to get an evening walk in each day this week ^_^
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job on meeting your October goal!

Thanks, ShannonP :D And the same to you!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    weight: no change
    owls: 0
    newts: 20
    HPs: 315
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    A little late, but PREFECT TIME!

If you don't see your info on the chart, you just missed the cut off for this week's chart. Your info will count towards your starting weight for October, so don't worry!

Our Prefects from the last week of September are:

Jls1661 (for weight lost) and Kelsue35 (for Owls/Newts)! Great work, both of you!

Here are your Prefect Badges (copy this link into your signature and change the IMG to img):

309815_585686783623_179201885_32340296_1122168610_n.jpg

Here's the chart:

294694_585687422343_179201885_32340299_479427059_n.jpg

You all make me so proud! I challenge you all do a little more than you did this month and bring that House Cup to the Gryffindors!

I can't believe I almost forgot! I want to name our Quidditch Captain for the most weight lost for the month!

The Quidditch Captain for September is MindyBlack! Great job, girl!

Here's your badge:

294793_585577732163_179201885_32339273_1667645903_n.jpg

Paste this link in your signature and change the IMG to img: 294793_585577732163_179201885_32339273_1667645903_n.jpg

***ALSO! If you're close to your goal and don't want to lose any more weight, feel free to let me know if you'd like to track inches or something like that to participate from now on! Even if you only contribute House Points, I'd be more than happy to have you stick around. Please just let me know. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    October Week 1 OWLs & NEWTs!

WEEK 2:
    (Starting after check-in between 10/7-10/10
    and ending with check-in between 10/14-10/17)

OWL (exercise): Woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu). You earn 1 OWL for each rep. Let's rack them up, Gryffs!
    NEWT (food): Now that it's officially Fall, try dusting off (or googling) a typically Fall recipe and incorporating that into your meal plan this week. It can be anything from pumpkin cookies (check out my blog for a delicious, low cal recipe!), to a nice hot soup, to maybe a light version of a turkey dinner (and everything in between). You earn 5 points for making a Fall recipe, 5 points if you share it in the Common Room, and 5 points if the recipe includes an in-season veggie that you haven't had for a while/haven't tried before. 15 points total max for the week!

Also, posted here in the October challenges blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/gryffindor-october-owls-newts-153770

***Also, I would appreciate some food challenge suggestions! I want your opinion of things that you've liked that we've already done, things you'd like to do, things you DON'T like to do, etc.

Do you like repeating a few food challenges or would you like more variety? Do you like more things you have to do a little every day, or things you just do once or twice a week?
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be a prefect!!! Already sent an Owl home to tell the folks!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the cool badge.:bigsmile: I didn't even know this was a possibility. Does this mean I get to make people practice in the rain and mud?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Thanks for the cool badge.:bigsmile: I didn't even know this was a possibility. Does this mean I get to make people practice in the rain and mud?

It sure does! You have to whip us into shape!

It was a last minute decision, tho, you haven't been out of the loop. The Head of Ravenclaw sent me a link to some badges and asked it I could make them match our other stuff so she could award one of her students with Quidditch Captain. I thought, why not? Plus, they turned out really cool! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    ****N***O***T***I***C***E****

This week's check in is the results for our first week in October!

Before we get too far in, I want to update everyone's info.

I NEED THE FOLLOWING WHEN YOU CHECK IN THIS WEEK:

1) Goal weight for October 31st (or Halloween)!

***If you are at your goal weight and would like to instead track inches, or some other unit of fitness like calories burned or miles walked or something else that would motivate you personally more than just OWLs, NEWTs and House Points, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THIS.

2) Your weight from the weekend of 9/30-10/3 if you have not already given it to me.

***If I don't get this from you, your weight will not be counted until you've weighed in for 2 weeks in a row, just to remind you.

3) Whether or not you are able to earn House Points. If you aren't ABLE to, please let me know ahead of time for the week.

***This is a new guideline to make the averages more fair for people who may be sick or injured.

Thanks Gryffindors! Also, give me feedback on my questions about NEWTs above, if you have time please!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Fellow Gryffindors!!!!!
    It's time for check-in
    October Goal 213
    CW: 217
    OWLS 60
    NEWTS 20
    HP 240
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Goal Weight: 177 lbs
    Last Week's weight: 182.6 lbs
    Current Weight: 182 lbs
    Weight Loss: .6 lbs
    NEWT: 15
    OWLS: 60
    HP: 90
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Check in time :)
    My october goal wasn't met so im carrying it through and gonna get it by halloween...FACT!

Last week: 158 (after a VERY bad weekend!)
    GW Oct 31st: 150
    CW: 153.4
    HP: 100
    No owls or newts :(
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    My Harry Potter related NSV

Today at church my friend passed me a note that said, "Being Prefect has done wonders for you". Now this friend is actually in the fitness business. She is going for her bachelor's in exercise physiology or something of that nature so she is my non MFP go to person and one of my Bff's. Naturally I share my struggles and successes with her. She is a pretty hard critic too, so it really meant a lot coming from her. Just had to share.