Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    YAY! We rolled our thread! Just in case you all need to see this week's challenges and Prefects, here ya go:
    OWLs & NEWTs for Week 4 of the September Challenge (9/23-10/2):

This is the last week for our September Inter-House Challenge! Prefects will be announced tomorrow as well as the updated standings between Houses (as soon as I get all the numbers in)!

You guys are doing WONDERFULLY, so let's keep it up and finish strong!!!

OWL (exercise): Seated Drop Kicks (http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/fitness-plan-two-weeks-oct06#slide-1)
    I wouldn't try to switch legs in between each rep for this one, it seems a little complicated to do it that way. Instead, I would probably do as many as you can do on one side, then switch. Just to keep it simple, you'll earn 1 OWL for every one you do.

As an example, if you do 25 drop kicks on the right side, and 20 drop kicks on the left side, you would earn 45 OWLs total. If you have questions, please ask.

NEWT (food): Post a recipe sometime this week! Either something you already love, something you just found, or something you've just been wanting to try. If you have time, also make one of the new recipes we all post. You will earn 5 NEWTs for the week for posting a recipe, and 5 more NEWTs if you try a new recipe this week. 10 NEWTs total possible.

Good luck this week!

***Don't forget! You have until Monday to post your results from Week 3, so don't feel pressured to start the new challenge for Week 4 before you finish Week 3!***
    PREFECT TIME!!!:

Oh, man are you guys amazing! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, but if you ever have any questions please ask them here or PM me. Also, here are our Gryffindor guidelines for anyone who needs a refresher (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/the-guide-to-being-a-successful-gryffindor-144313).

Our prefects this week are:

Peariel (for weight loss percentage) and MindyBlack (for OWLs & NEWTs)! Congrats to you both!

Here are your badges, wear them proudly (paste this in your signature, but change IMG to img): 316180_581934039153_179201885_32311725_821292401_n.jpg

Kelsue35, you had the biggest percentage of everyone, but I'm not sure it's fair to the people who are doing weight, since you're doing inches. You still did AWESOME this week, tho, so I'm naming you an honorary Prefect. There's a third badge in that pile up there for you :)

Everyone else, you're all doing AMAZINGLY! Keep pushing, and make me proud!

Here's the chart:

297094_583768712453_179201885_32327281_523320899_n.jpg

We've had some moving around of the Heads of Hufflepuff and Slytherin House, so the weekly results are still on hold for this week. We should have them up by Monday, but I'll keep you posted.

Don't forget to check in for Week 3 on by Monday, and check out the Week 4 OWLs & NEWTs!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump early on the whole recipe thing so I don't forget but I love spinach and artichoke dip.... and I loved this recipe personally and according to me it was better the next day

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    from skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 73.3 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carb: 3.4 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 5.2 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
    Sodium: 244.7 g
    Ingredients:
    13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
    1/4 cup chopped shallots
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light mayonnaise
    2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
    4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    olive oil spray
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375°.
    In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the garlic and shallots.
    Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.
    Can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Makes about 3 3/4 cups.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    K Here are my numbers for week 3, i'll just jump in here if that is okay :):
    I have:
    Owls: 60 ( sorry kind of lost my fire!)
    Newts: 2 ( again, sorry)
    HP:2125 min
    SW:116
    CW:114
    GW:108
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    YAY! We rolled our thread! Just in case you all need to see this week's challenges and Prefects, here ya go:
    OWLs & NEWTs for Week 4 of the September Challenge (9/23-10/2):

This is the last week for our September Inter-House Challenge! Prefects will be announced tomorrow as well as the updated standings between Houses (as soon as I get all the numbers in)!

You guys are doing WONDERFULLY, so let's keep it up and finish strong!!!

OWL (exercise): Seated Drop Kicks (http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/fitness-plan-two-weeks-oct06#slide-1)
    I wouldn't try to switch legs in between each rep for this one, it seems a little complicated to do it that way. Instead, I would probably do as many as you can do on one side, then switch. Just to keep it simple, you'll earn 1 OWL for every one you do.

As an example, if you do 25 drop kicks on the right side, and 20 drop kicks on the left side, you would earn 45 OWLs total. If you have questions, please ask.

NEWT (food): Post a recipe sometime this week! Either something you already love, something you just found, or something you've just been wanting to try. If you have time, also make one of the new recipes we all post. You will earn 5 NEWTs for the week for posting a recipe, and 5 more NEWTs if you try a new recipe this week. 10 NEWTs total possible.

Good luck this week!

***Don't forget! You have until Monday to post your results from Week 3, so don't feel pressured to start the new challenge for Week 4 before you finish Week 3!***
    PREFECT TIME!!!:

Oh, man are you guys amazing! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, but if you ever have any questions please ask them here or PM me. Also, here are our Gryffindor guidelines for anyone who needs a refresher (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/the-guide-to-being-a-successful-gryffindor-144313).

Our prefects this week are:

Peariel (for weight loss percentage) and MindyBlack (for OWLs & NEWTs)! Congrats to you both!

Here are your badges, wear them proudly (paste this in your signature, but change IMG to img): 316180_581934039153_179201885_32311725_821292401_n.jpg

Kelsue35, you had the biggest percentage of everyone, but I'm not sure it's fair to the people who are doing weight, since you're doing inches. You still did AWESOME this week, tho, so I'm naming you an honorary Prefect. There's a third badge in that pile up there for you :)

Everyone else, you're all doing AMAZINGLY! Keep pushing, and make me proud!

Here's the chart:

297094_583768712453_179201885_32327281_523320899_n.jpg

We've had some moving around of the Heads of Hufflepuff and Slytherin House, so the weekly results are still on hold for this week. We should have them up by Monday, but I'll keep you posted.

Don't forget to check in for Week 3 on by Monday, and check out the Week 4 OWLs & NEWTs!

aww thank you for the honorary prefectness. i completely understand what you mean by the fairness of it. however i am signature ignorant. no clue how to even put anything in as a signature. HELP!!!! like i know i have to post the link thingy and lower cae the img but were exactly do you create your signature? on my profile or where?

ignore me i found it. im just retarded lmao
  • kelsue35
    Options
    lets see if it worked..... grrrrrr it didnt (this is edited lol) i guess i do need help
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    lets see if it worked..... grrrrrr it didnt (this is edited lol) i guess i do need help

Ok, click on the community tab and find Signature (it will be with the blue words with orange yellow triangle things).

Copy the link above and paste it in the Signature box. BEFORE you click save, change the IMG at the beginning and the end of the link to img (just change it to lowercase). Then click save.

It's confusing at first, but once you get it, it comes in quite handy :)
  • kelsue35
    Options
    yay i finally got it after like 20 tries lol
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    CW: 153.8 slight gain this week :(
    GW Oct 1st: 150

OWLS/NEWTS: 35
    HP: 110

having a bad day today aswel... im eating everything in sight! :((
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    My recipe for the week: Black Bean Quesadillas

It's not so much a recipe as a few things I throw together to make a very quick and easy nutirtious meal.

This is for one individual but you can make about 6 out of one can of beans.

1- 8 inch flour tortilla 110 cals. 2.5 g fat
    1 oz pepper jack cheese 100 cals 8g fat
    1/4 cup seasoned black beans canned 70 cals 1/2 g fat
    1 teaspoon olive oil 40 cals 5 g fat
    2 T salsa 10 cals 0 fat

Toal calories 330, fat 16 grams

Heat skillet (I use cast iron) add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place tortilla in skillet. Add shredded or crumbled cheese and beans. Fold in half and brown both sides slowly and evenly. When brown and cheese is melted remove from skillet and serve with salsa. I like to dip mine in salsa but my son puts his inside.

You can tweak the recipe, using low fat cheese but I have never found low fat pepper jack, also whole wheat tortillas would be great.

Bon Apetite!:drinker:
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Can anyone give me a link to add a gryffindor crest? I am so lame. I followed the directions exaclty, I thought. I downloaded 2 pics to my computer, then added them to facebook. I copied the URL and added to my signature line changing the IMG to img. I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't actually post it on my page, just in my profile pics. Do I actually need to put in on my wall? Any other ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

When I added the prefect badge from the link it worked like a charm (pun intended).
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I GOT SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!!!! Yay! FINALLY got my invitation, I'm so annoyed I didn't get it until now, but I guess they've been having issues on the site because of all the activity. But at least I got into Gryffindor! That is so cool. And I'm happy with my wand, as well. That's as far as I got, attempted a practice potion, but it was taking too long and I had studying to do.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I just found this on facebook and while I never copy and paste all that crap, this one I couldn't resist. I am really ROFLMBO!!:laugh:

I had to share with my fellow Gryffs.

The Girl you just called a Mudblood? She spends hours practicing spells hoping people will like her. The boy you just stupefied? His parents use the Cruciatus Curse on him regularly. That kid you just pushed? He is trying to use the killing curse on himself. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother was killed by a Death Eater. Put this on your status for an hour, if you are against Bullying in the Wizarding World. You never know what it's like until you fly a mile on their broom.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Check-in!
    Weight: 210.8 (down from 211.25)
    HP: 145
    OWL: 0 (looked like a cool exercise, just didn't have time to do it!)
    NEWT: 10 (managed to track well for 2 days...)
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Good morning House mates! I hope everyone will have a great start to the work week. As for me, well anyone old enough who knows the song,"Rainy Days and Mondays", that pretty much sums it up.

Check in time!
    SW: 178
    CW:175
    Weight loss: 3lbs
    Owls:600 deep swimmers presses
    Newts:20
    Total 620
    House points: 815

After a week of the presses I can really feel definition between my biceps and deltoids. That was a great workout. Hopefully some day I can beat the flabby arm thingy.
    Have a great week and rack up those house points for us! Go Gryffindor!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great week!
    Here are my stats
    177.4- lost 3 lbs!!
    OWLS-195- did really good at the beginning of the week, then kind of fizzled out at the end.
    NEWTS-15
    House Points- 655
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    CW: 253.6 (I finally hit 20 lbs lost! I've been losing and gaining the same few pounds for MONTHS, so I'm beyond happy right now!)
    OWLs: 175
    NEWTs: 15
    HP: 203

*sigh* Yay. :)
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 162.6 lbs
    Today: 161.2 lbs!
    Oct 1 GW: 160lbs

Newts: Plan your meals in advance x 2 Days = 10 Points

Owls: 0 Points

House Points: Monday 19th Sept to Sunday 25th Sept totalled 502 Minutes = 502 Points
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    CW: 178, sigh
    OWLS: 50
    Newts: 5

HPs: 71 (pathetic, I know. I'm going to push myself to contribute to this more this last week)

Good luck Gryffs!
  • kelsue35
    Options
    st (8-1) w 33 h 35 b 37
    10/1 goal: w 28/30 h 30/32 b 34/36
    8-8 to 8-22 same as start
    8-29 w 32 h 35 b 361/2
    9-4 w 311/2 h 341/2 b 36
    9-12 w 31 h 34 b 36
    9-19 w 30 h 32 b 34
    9-29 w 30 h 32 b 331/2

only lost half inch on my booty :( (maybe its tom's fault)

newts: 35
    owls: 775
    hp: 1925
    Lets kick some raven-puff-in *kitten* this week!!!!! i know we can do it!!!!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Weight: no change
    OWLs: 45
    NEWTs: 25
    HPs: 618