NEW FOODS YOU LIKE!

Options

Replies

• laramarie71
    Options
    Silk soy pumpkin soy beverage? Sounds delicious! Where does one find that? I haven't seen that,
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have never put a parsnip past my lips in my entire life, but I am looking for new veggies so I tried chopping them up and roasting them with a little bit of olive oil, salt n pepper. They were actually so good. I make it at least once a week now....and best of all my kids like them too!!

Mash cooked parsnip and carrots together with some low sodium chicken broth. They taste so good. The parsnips give a kind of nutty taste

that's how my mum always made them--although she did add a tsp of sugar---but do a lot of carrots and parsnips so not many added calories---really good. I add parsnips to vegetable soup. I have never used in a stir fry---they are harder than carrots so I didn't think of odin this as they woudl take a long time to softne up I would think.

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ~> Mango salsa with peach.. I had this for the first time yesterday and all I can say is "OMG" :bigsmile:
    ~> Pringles Baked Wheat Stix flavor Pizza... so good :happy:
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    ~> Mango salsa with peach.. I had this for the first time yesterday and all I can say is "OMG" :bigsmile:
    ~> Pringles Baked Wheat Stix flavor Pizza... so good :happy:

I am ADDICTED to those pringles wheat stix........ they are really yummy and only 90 calories!!!!
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    Options
    Laughing cow light garlic and herb wedges... looove them! Tomorrow I'm planning on playing with them to make low fat alfredo!

Fiber one bars... yum!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lets see..........

Asparagus
    Jicama
    Turnips
    Loose Leaf Lettuce
    Spaghetti Squash
    Raw almonds
  • lincolns
    lincolns Posts: 42
    Options
    laughing cow light on a wasa sesame cracker

wraps....I've been eating lots of wraps for lunches. I even had some extra coleslaw mix left over and tried it instead of lettuce. Kinda gave it a spicy flavor.

Whole fruit popsicles. Yummy and sweet.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I am currently am loving Ocean Spray Cran-Apple Sugar Free drink mix (just add to water)
    I put like one packet into my 32oz bottle....YUM!

Me too!! I stumbled across it a few weeks ago... mmmm mmm..
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    SunSweet sark
    Chocolate covered plum bites.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Kashi margherita pizza
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Oh boy oh boy... I went to the 99 cent store yesterday and scanned the the candy isles for some low cal treats and I came across Nestle's Crunch Stix's in Chocolate and Cappicino for only 90 calories a stix.. They are such a great satisfying chocolate treat! :bigsmile: A box of 6 for 99cents you can't go wrong!

nestle_stixx.jpg
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Sorry double post :blushing:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I finally got brave and tried a Fiber One Bar. It was so yummy. The oats and caramel is almost like a cookie.

ME TOO!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I just tried and love Fiber Ones Apple streusel bars. Cindy
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i don't know how new this is, but new to me!

kraft mayo made with olive oil....

1/2 the fat. 1/2 the calories, but tastes almost identical to regular.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    i don't know how new this is, but new to me!

kraft mayo made with olive oil....

1/2 the fat. 1/2 the calories, but tastes almost identical to regular.

Ohhh seriously?!?!
    I am sooo needing something to replace same ol Mayo...
    My dad won't watch his diet and won't exercise so I am forcing him into while I am living at home. :laugh:
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    What types of spreads/butter, margarine, what ever you all call it do you use?

Brummel and Brown is what we use as a spread. 45 cals a TBSP and tastes better than real butter to me, a little bit salty. I don't think it bakes as well as real butter, but great on toast or a baked potato. Use the butter spray on popcorn alot. Jicama is really good like someone mentioned,,,I slice it, squeeze some lime juice and sprinke with chipotle chili powder and salt or Tapatio hot sauce...:tongue: Next to no calories and sweet, salty, crunchy and spicy.. I am loving peppermint tea with a tiny bit of honey, nice and warm + sweet at the end of the day. I LOVE the chipotle Tabasco sauce. I haven't had Wasa crackers in forever..I will have to look for those and the streusel shredded wheat, I could eat frosted shredded wheat by the handfull...Why am I seeing this AFTER the grocery store this am:grumble:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    It's not new, but I love them, rice krispie squares, yuuuummmm
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yummy. I just tried some today (The caramel corn rice cakes). They taste like yummy caramel popcorn but only have 50 calories per rice cake.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Strawberry Cheesecake Bites!!!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39194-strawberry-cheesecake-bites

Yummy in my tummy!

I'm craving fruit all the time so.. this is all I got:blushing: