30DS start date 7/25/11 - Who's in?

Options

Replies

• ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok, Day 12 is in the books!!! L2D4!! It's getting easier but still plenty of workout, especially since today was a run day.. I ran 25 consecutive minutes... Finishing up week 7 of C25K. My right shoulder is hurting a bit.. Wondering if the 8lb weights are too heavy, but hate to decrease...:( Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought I was pretty fit, but a week of 30DS has given my crippling shin splints. I can't stand up from a chair without using my arms. Going up and down stair is torture.

Okay, so I'm laying off 30DS for a few days, at least until Advil gets the pain under control, and doing shin-splint prevention exercises. Anyone with any ideas on what is causing the pain (lunges, I'm gathering) and what could replace them?

I would think it's probably the jumping rope... and maybe jumping jacks.... Anything where you come down on your feet....think of the impact of running..your foot hitting the ground repetitively... Def the jumping rope...

Thanks for this. I'm puzzled. I run about 10-15 miles a week (and have run several marathons without this problem), but maybe the static nature of jumping jacks and the jump rope is enough to do me in. Gotta come up with plan B. Thanks. Off to run.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I def don't run as much as you do.... I am at about 10 miles/week. I don't have shin splints but I can def feel the jump rope in my shins. I am a little concerned about doing the DS every day as well as running 3 days a week. Seems my legs stay tired. I really want to give them a break, but am so stubborn... I was to do 30 consecutive days... But my legs are heavy and mad at me..:)
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I started L2D1 today. That was a killer.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I started L2D1 today. That was a killer.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Day 13 DONE!!!! L2D5. I was tired today and SO didn't want to do it.. The end of the week gets me, but pushing through!!!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have done 10 days of Level 1 with one break in between.

Should I take a rest before I start level 2, or should I just go right into it?
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I'm trying to do 30 consecutive days, but I really dont' think it matters as long as you keep going!! Great job on 10 days of level 1.

Day 14 completed along with completing week 7 of the C25K today.. Boy am I glad today was my last run for the week. My legs are tired, but its a great tired!! My weigh in was today and I lost 2.8 pounds this past week.. I rarely have over 1 pound/week losses, so I'm pretty pumped about that!!
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    HALF WAY THERE!!!!!! Completed day 15 today. L2D7. I'm finding that my body is not becoming acustom to level 2 as easily as it did level 1. Level 2 is still very hard for me.. In fact, due to left shoulder pain, I dropped down to 5 pound weights. The only exercise I'm modifying are the double jump ropes.. I just do single because I think double is too much impact considering I'm running as well.. Anywho....Level 2 is still tough!!!

This thread is getting quiet... How is everyone doing????
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I did L2D2 yesterday. Level 2 is hard! But I am determined to finish it.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Great job Bobbie!!!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I like level 2 better, but had to take a few days off with some company visiting - well, no one held a gun to my head or anything but it was too complicated. However, my company has now gone home and so I hope to get back on the horse tonight.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Day 16 completed... Today was L2D8. I finally was able to feel productive on level 2 today. I was able to push myself harder rather than survive... I think there's hope for eventually moving to level 3 at some point..LOL Today was a really good workout!!!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I did L2D8 today as well! Gosh, I hate Jillian first thing in the mornig, but then, after my shower and breakfast I love knowing that I can have a nice dinner later :tongue:
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I finished D4L2 today. Level 2 is still hard, but it's not as bad as it was on day 1.

I'm hoping it will get better by day 10.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Day 18 complete.. Level2D10. Level 2 is getting better. I think I will do it one more day before moving on to Level 3. I don't want to start level 3 on a run day and tomorrow is a run day.. Ok, Jillian is a woman, right.... This 30 consecutive days.....well.....that includes TOM at some point for all of us....UGh....... For me that's today.... So, if I can make it through this week I have it made, right?????

:) How is everyone else doing???
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I started on Level 3 today. Did L2D9 yesterday, but i needed something new even though I am not mastering everything in Level 2 and have to do some of the low impact moves.
    Level 3 is hard but the jump is not as big as the one between 1 and 2 I have to say.

What is everyone planning on doing after the 30 days? I am doing c25k too (on week 1 still) but i need those Jillian calories each day, otherwise i'd be starving!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I def don't run as much as you do.... I am at about 10 miles/week. I don't have shin splints but I can def feel the jump rope in my shins. I am a little concerned about doing the DS every day as well as running 3 days a week. Seems my legs stay tired. I really want to give them a break, but am so stubborn... I was to do 30 consecutive days... But my legs are heavy and mad at me..:)

Thanks. I took off almost a week for shin splints to stop screaming at me. I couldn't get out of a chair without pushing up with my arms. Now, I'm using my rowing machine for the cardio and that seems to work. It's probably a few fewer calories burned, but I'm not incapacitating myself like I was with jumping jacks and running in place. Onward.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Day 20 complete... L2D12. I have been at mom's for a couple days so haven't moved on to level 3. Level 2 is easier that when I started it. I will do level 2 again tomorrow and then move on to level 3 on Sat... Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I have 2 more days of level 2, then I may attempt level 3....wish me luck. lol

Although I keep reading that level 2 is the worst.