30DS start date 7/25/11 - Who's in?

Options

Replies

• MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in last night - finished Day 7 of Level 1. I was very tired from earlier cardio and didn't have 100% to give to the workout, but I still did about 90-95% of the exercises, which I thought was pretty good given how tired I was. I also was a little bored with the workout and flirted with switching to the next level early, but I'd rather be a little bored but feel more mastery over the exercises before getting my butt kicked on the next level.

I use the Garmin FR60 heart rate monitor (mine is PINK, which I love), it's very handy for doing DVDs as well as my machines at the gym.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and taking rest days if you really need them!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Level 2/Day 1. Day 9 of 30DS.. Today way HARD. I made it through it.. Had to do modified exercises a few times. I use 8 lb weights and they are very heavy to me...
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Level 2/Day 1. Day 9 of 30DS.. Today way HARD. I made it through it.. Had to do modified exercises a few times. I use 8 lb weights and they are very heavy to me...
  • ardeornellis
    Options
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    Day 8 done. Gone up to level 2!! Definately prefer walking push ups to normal ones!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    Completed Day 9 yesterday, and bumped myself up to level two since I was getting bored with level 1. I will have to say that I am a fan of level two.

Also I just wanted to mention to all that since starting the 30D shred, that I originally was going to work out straight through with no breaks, but since have changed my mind and my plan is to finish the shred in 6 weeks vs. 4 weeks! :))
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Finished Day 8 last night - still feel like it's a great workout but definitely getting bored with it. Sounds like a few of you have moved up to Level 2 already, would you recommend it? I don't feel I've "mastered" Level 1 in that several of the exercises still burn, like the shoulder raises, but I certainly can do it all the way through easily and feel the boredom creeping in. I also feel other body parts besides my shoulders (!) craving some attention. So I'm planning to do tonight's workout at Level 2 unless you guys think staying 10 days at 1 is the best way to go.
  • catalame
    Options
    I'm planning on 7 days L1 (completed), 11 days L2 (underway) and 12 days on L3. Just to try and keep pushing. Did Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism today as well as promised.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Level 2/Day 2 completed... Day 10 of the 30DS!!! 1/3 of the way through.. I also ran for 25 minutes straight on the 7th week of the C25K.. Level 2 wasn't as bad today..:) Here's to tomorrow:)
  • catalame
    Options
    Day 9 done! Ugh! Gonna try and do SWSP too today. I'm getting to the stage now of wanting to put it off but not letting myself coz u guys all lookin out for me :)
  • squeak1989
    Options
    Is it OK that I join, I'm on L1 day 8 today. Probably could switch up to level 2 already but I'm a little apprehensive about it.

Sadie
  • catalame
    Options
    SWSP done as well. Killer...
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    Finished Day 8 last night - still feel like it's a great workout but definitely getting bored with it. Sounds like a few of you have moved up to Level 2 already, would you recommend it? I don't feel I've "mastered" Level 1 in that several of the exercises still burn, like the shoulder raises, but I certainly can do it all the way through easily and feel the boredom creeping in. I also feel other body parts besides my shoulders (!) craving some attention. So I'm planning to do tonight's workout at Level 2 unless you guys think staying 10 days at 1 is the best way to go.

I don't know if you have already went for level two, but if not I would say go for it. I was getting bored with level 1 so I went ahead two days early on to level 2. Just remember though you know what is best for you, and if you are still getting a good workout with level one, and feel like you haven't mastered it then stay with it for another few days, and then move on.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just finished D9L1. I am going to do day 10 and then move to level 2. I hope my body is ready for level 2. :laugh: :laugh:
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    went to level 2 for day 9 (I took a rest day yesterday from the shred 0 still did cardio). I definitely like it for a change of pace. stayed with the light 3 lb weights throughout, but could see moving up to 5 lbs on several of the early moves - those chair sit Vees, though, need the 3s - ouch! just like the shoulder raises in level 1 for me - burn! let's keep moving forward!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    well done madbabysmama!
    I did L2D3 this morning. I had 2 days of rest and bad eating as I was unwell. But this morning I was fighting with myself... get up and do the workout or sleep for another half hour. I won and got up and I'm glad I did.
    I love the feeling when you overcome your own demons.
    I only use 3lbs weights, couldnt do anything else. arms are the hardest for me, especially the last strength circuit in level 2.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought I was pretty fit, but a week of 30DS has given my crippling shin splints. I can't stand up from a chair without using my arms. Going up and down stair is torture.

Okay, so I'm laying off 30DS for a few days, at least until Advil gets the pain under control, and doing shin-splint prevention exercises. Anyone with any ideas on what is causing the pain (lunges, I'm gathering) and what could replace them?
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I have been on MFP for about 7 weekd and not lost an ounce yet (tho a few inches)- but getting a HRM at the wknd and have 30ds ready to go - and have cleaned up my diet a bit, so I epxect big results!
    Can't wait to do a group challenge with you all:)
    Jenny
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I had originally intended on doing the 30 DS in 30 days as well. I took it to the lake this weekend and did it twice without air conditioning (THATS dedication)! But shortly thereafter I tweeked my knee and it really started to hurt. I took a day off on Sunday and went back on Monday. My knee and ankle both hurt Monday but I pushed through. I woke up yesterday very sore and my legs ached (differently than post work out). So I took another day off to rest my joints. Even today my knee isn't feeling 100%. I may give it one more day and then jump into day 10 tomorrow and then do level 2 Friday. I hope my knee straightens out.

The good thing is, I have been doing a lot of other exercise when not shredding. It hasn't fallen by the wayside.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I thought I was pretty fit, but a week of 30DS has given my crippling shin splints. I can't stand up from a chair without using my arms. Going up and down stair is torture.

Okay, so I'm laying off 30DS for a few days, at least until Advil gets the pain under control, and doing shin-splint prevention exercises. Anyone with any ideas on what is causing the pain (lunges, I'm gathering) and what could replace them?

I would think it's probably the jumping rope... and maybe jumping jacks.... Anything where you come down on your feet....think of the impact of running..your foot hitting the ground repetitively... Def the jumping rope...