30DS start date 7/25/11 - Who's in?

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
I'm going out this weekend and I am going to buy 30DS. I plan on taking measurements in inches and in pounds, along with before & after pictures.

Who wants to start with me on Monday?

Replies

• smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll start it with you! I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have done it twice. I go to the gym in the evenings but have been wanting to do the 30DS in the mornings.
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey, I just started! I've only done 2 days so far. Feel free to add me for support! Good luck! It really is challenging, but I love it!
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm game!!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Me! I have got to get back into it.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am in maybe I will stick with it now.
  • KimMarieMartinez
    Options
    I am totally interested in doing a group challenge! Don't wanna sound dumb, but what is 30ds? I'm really excited to do something with mfp friends for support! :)
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would have loved to have started with you on Monday. It's just I will be doing Day 10 of Level 3 tomorrow. Add me as your friend though if you need support. I would love to be there for you. I will be starting another one of Jillian Michaels workouts on Sunday or Monday. I have 3 to choose from. Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I am going to look over each one and then decide which one to do. If one of them is easier than I might re-do the 30 Day Shred as well.

My advice to you...push through the first 3 days. Your legs will be sore but that will pass. I found that Level 1 works the lower body more, Level 2 works more upper body and Level 3 EVERYWHERE.

Stayed focused on your goals and you will succeed. Have fun!
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I am totally interested in doing a group challenge! Don't wanna sound dumb, but what is 30ds? I'm really excited to do something with mfp friends for support! :)

30DS is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's a DVD you can buy at Target or Walmart for about $10. I've been told that you neeed weights, but I'm sure you could use canned food in your pantry if you don't have weights.

I will be starting with 3lb weights.
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i started it 2 days back today is my 3rd day....what i would add is do it without weights for the first two days if u have never done anything like this before then gradually add up weights n increase them when u feel soo....u would feel less sore n aches...this is my stratergy because what i feel is instead of skipping a day or two due to aches n pains its better to do it with less or none n wen ur body start to strenthen add weights...hope it ll b helpful to u.....n i do feel pains in my arms n legs but not so intense that i cant work out:)
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    i started it 2 days back today is my 3rd day....what i would add is do it without weights for the first two days if u have never done anything like this before then gradually add up weights n increase them when u feel soo....u would feel less sore n aches...this is my stratergy because what i feel is instead of skipping a day or two due to aches n pains its better to do it with less or none n wen ur body start to strenthen add weights...hope it ll b helpful to u.....n i do feel pains in my arms n legs but not so intense that i cant work out:)

I've been doing a Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD for a few months. Do you think I'd be good to start with 3lb weights? I'm already used to somewhat lifting weights.
  • KimMarieMartinez
    Options
    Ok I'm in! Super excited to get it going and see results!! Good luck mfp pals! :)
  • seekimrun
    seekimrun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested! I love Jillian. I did 30DS a few years ago and saw significant changes, but I just haven't had the energy to start again in a long time. My wedding is in two weeks and now seems like a perfect time!
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    I just bought it aswell so Im in. Feel free to add me anyone who wants to do it also.
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD for a few months. Do you think I'd be good to start with 3lb weights? I'm already used to somewhat lifting weights.
    [/quote]

whati would say is it depends on how much u can bear it...if u feel u r ok with 3 lb weight u may do so....but if u feel u would b at the point of exhaustion its better to do it without weights for the first couple of days n then start adding on weights better then quitting it in the middle....if u r used to weights it wont b hard for u....or u can do a trial day without weights n start the actual 30 day from the next day with weights ....as i m taking my first two days as trial now:)
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    I would love to join you all! I started the 30 day shred on Tuesday and LOVE IT!!! Please feel free to add me so we can keep up with each others progress! :glasses:
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I'll be on Day 4 today! Have done it in the past but didn't stick to the full 30 days. I did all 3 levels but I only did like 25 days or so. I'm going to try and stick with it this time so this will be good for me!

*phatsoslim....I have the same HRM (Suunto), and I love it!
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on day 4 of level1 but close enough. I've been alternating days with 30DS & Ripped in 30. I did 30DS in the past and it became a bit too monotonous for me. I'm going to switch things up a bit. 30DS & RI30 are very similar. This will give me a reason not to skip today. :wink:
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I started yesterday, so did day 2 today, but might not be able over the weekend, so I'm in for Monday!

feel free to add me
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I ordered it at the beginning of the week and I should get it by Monday! Add me if you'd like!
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Mine arrived this morning! I can't wait to start it. I am in!!!!!