30DS start date 7/25/11 - Who's in?

Options

Replies

• MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    LG30, you're seeing results after only 5 days on the program? That's great! What kind of results, inches? Weight? Feeling strong and fitter? All of the above?
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone is this the 30 Day By Jillian I am new to MyFitnessPal. Thank you

Robby

Robby, it's 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaela. There have been multiple successes by MFP people.
  • mmpriemer
    mmpriemer Posts: 19
    Options
    Just did my first day too... (well 1st day after taking a break for a week... haven't done the whole 30 days without break... usually like 3 days a week lol) Made it through all of level 2 with my 5 pound hand weights! Pretty proud of myself.... only did the accommodation for the V-flies... end of story, they suck. Hoping to get to level 3 by next week and to finish the 30 day shred. Also took my day 1 pictures.... that was an absolute miserable thing to do but lets hope it gets better and we can actually see a difference..
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! I just started on Saturday.... started a video blog if you want to check it out. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbjWvbiBXfI
  • ztaprincess81
    ztaprincess81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This will give me a great reason to actually use it! I bought the DVD months ago, but have not tried it yet. Will get my measurements and start tonight. Super excited to have workout buddies :)
  • hydee77
    hydee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started it today and it was not easy but I finished. I have a question. How do you track caloiries burnt. Shoule i just type in circuit training?
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    I started it today and it was not easy but I finished. I have a question. How do you track caloiries burnt. Shoule i just type in circuit training?

thats what i put
  • mmpriemer
    mmpriemer Posts: 19
    Options
    I also just do the circuit training for 20 mins. I figure it is close enough lol!

PS. I watched your Vlog (that's right isn't it??) Ali_TSO and I must say it was super cute!!!! I loved it and I hope you keep it up because I can't wait to see your transformation. Also, I watch it and if I don't feel like doing it I am like... Ali did it... I gotta now too lol! Keep up the awesome work girl!
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I've tried a couple times to get through the 30DS... the furthest I got was level 2, then I went away on vacation and stopped.
    I don't know if I'm going to do it every day, because I've also been running daily.

Anyway, did day one today. The push-ups are killer, ugh.
  • kc7671
    kc7671 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 now but i'd love to join this group for support!!
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 Level 1. It was still tough and easy in the same places as Day 1. I think I'm not going to feel bad for modifying the cardio - if I do this late at night, my legs are just too beat from my other cardio. If I skip cardio in a day, I will do all of Jillian's cardio. It was fun to have my "date" with Jillian. Shoulders are still feeling the burn!
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    Try to do the cardio.. it's only 30sec intervals so push past!

Day 2 all done x
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    Did day 6 level 1 this morning. I cursed it while doing it, but feel so much better for it now.
    Tomorrow is measuer day! anyone else measuring yet?
    Do you guys do rest days? or plan to, for example between L1 and L2?
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    Well I did level one yesterday, and I can feel the burn still today. Cant wait to do day 2.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am on day 4 level 1. My calves and shoulders are pretty sore..:) I am also on week 6 of the c25k. I am going to do my very best to do 30 consecutive days as long as it doesn't interfere with my running!! It's a great workout.. I am doing it with 8lb weights...
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Question for everyone...I feel a lot of pain on the left side of my stomach, just below where my ribs end. I think I may have pulled something doing the jumping jacks, since I weigh 338 and that's a lot of weight pulling down when I jump.

Do you think it's possible that's what it is, or is this just a more extreme pain of being "sore" after working out? I was initially thinking hernia (not sure why), but my husband had one about 9 years ago, and he said I'd be able to see it, and I don't "see" anything, don't feel anything either. Thoughts?

Should I push day 3 off until tomorrow, or push through it?...
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    PS. I watched your Vlog (that's right isn't it??) Ali_TSO and I must say it was super cute!!!! I loved it and I hope you keep it up because I can't wait to see your transformation. Also, I watch it and if I don't feel like doing it I am like... Ali did it... I gotta now too lol! Keep up the awesome work girl!

Yes, "vlog" is right, this is new to me also, lol. Thanks! I really do want to keep it up, a lot of other 30ds vlogs out there get to day 10 and then you're like, "Ummmm, where'd they go?" HAHA! I want to finish, but I must say, it's not been easy...
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    LG30, you're seeing results after only 5 days on the program? That's great! What kind of results, inches? Weight? Feeling strong and fitter? All of the above?

My weigh in yesterday morning I was down 3 lbs for the week, and I only took my measurements in my waist and I was already down a little over an inch. Over the past several weeks with my normal workouts I have been only losing a lb and less then a lb a week, so I have to credit the 30 day shred for my 3 lbs that I lost last week! :smile:
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Wow, great work! I look forward to seeing my results after awhile (just finished Day 2 yesterday).
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 days of the shred and am day 4 tomorrow. I don't plan on taking any breaks (I am even doing it this weekend at the lake... with no air conditioning!). I haven't done any measurements. I think I am scared to see a number associated with inches... I STILL haven't taken a before picture either, which I REALLY need and WANT to do. Hopefully tonight. I have noticed some changes already. I am able to keep up more easily (it is still a bloody hard work out) and I am only resting for the 5 seconds twice through out the whole thing and it's mostly at the end (one during the side lunges and anterior raises and one at the end of the cardio- final set). My HRM is telling me that my heart is having to work less, even after 3 days. I am still getting over my target heart rate a couple of times throughout the exercise, but I have gone from burning 363 cals, to 323 cals to 311 cals... I feel like that is something. I am much less sore this morning than I was with the other days. BUT (and it's a big and scary but for me) there has been no weight loss. I weigh in officially tomorrow and I am scared that it'll be another plateau week....