Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is pretty serious. I went clothes shopping with my sister and niece today, the outcome wasnt very good. As I looked around to noticed that the biggest size was XXXL. That would be me. Also the biggest size in mens jeans were 42 or 44. I can only squeeze into a 46. This really made me want to sit and cry cause I realized that if I got any bigger, stores like Walmart, Academy, Hibbet, ect wont be the places i can shop anymore. Then I was thinking,"How did I let myself get like this and this far." So I bought a few shorts and shoes (thank god I cant go up in shoe size) Thats it, Im back on track. Im just really gonna need the help warriors.

I can totally relate to this! It is frustrating not being able to find clotes that fit. I have also had to wear clothes totally not my style because of the fat girl shops mostly carry ugly mumu type stuff (athough I did buy some nice stuff at the avenue last month). I do know how to sew, but I'm not good at making the time for it (see my next post which will be a reply to the question of the week).

However, I have lost about 35 pounds now and I can fit back into some of my old clothes! Yippee! I had to go to a funeral this week, plus 2 visitation days. It was sad, but I at least got to wear clothes I felt good about.

Keep up your dedication to yourself, it will get better :-)
  • peacehawk
    Options
    Obsticles...obsticals...where to start?

I used to think I ate healthy, but just ate too much of it. I know better now-stolen moments with candy bars and cookies really do add up.

I used to think I didn't have enough time, but I realize that if I'm honest with myself, I have plenty of time, but I wasteit on watching mindless tv, and daydreaming instead of sleeping, wasting that time that I cant get to sleep.

I used to think it was because I am too tired most of the time due to working midnights and having various health challenges that caue tiredness, memory problems, etc. (Estein-barr virus, vitam8in B deficency and post cancer chemo brain among them.) But I now know that altough those challenges are very real, I feel more energized when I do at least some physical activity every day, whether it is gardening, yoga, walking, biking, etc.

I used to think it was because I am pretty much in constant pain with sore knees, hips, ankles and wrists, chronic back andneck pain. But again, I have come to know that doing at least some physical activity every day (especially yoga). Helps to relieve almost every one of those daily pains, a least to some degree.

So, now that I have had all of these vrious epiphanies, what obsticals do I face to weight loss and to all around living life to th fullest? Pretty much the same old excuses.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was because I am pretty much in constant pain with sore knees, hips, ankles and wrists, chronic back andneck pain. But again, I have come to know that doing at least some physical activity every day (especially yoga). Helps to relieve almost every one of those daily pains, a least to some degree.

THIS. Even headaches. Seriously, I get every kind of headache, including these ones called cluster headaches, and I've never found anything (not even Vicodin) that helps them nearly as much as a good run. It's weird but good. I feel ten times better when I'm active than I do when I'm sitting around all day.
  • peacehawk
    Options
    Huh, I never realized that I do get fewer headaches now. I'll have to pay attention to that :-)
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    YES..i knew there had to be family on MFP! WOOT :) ... ok i'll calm the excitement :p goal: doing a 6k in october, a mud run in april, and hopefully the warrior dash next summer----soooo, fitness...and overall to look and FEEL great! so tired of being able to grab rolls on my stomach---i wounldn't mind being able to pinch my stomach-but handfuls r a little much for my comfort level :p
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is pretty serious. I went clothes shopping with my sister and niece today, the outcome wasnt very good. As I looked around to noticed that the biggest size was XXXL. That would be me. Also the biggest size in mens jeans were 42 or 44. I can only squeeze into a 46. This really made me want to sit and cry cause I realized that if I got any bigger, stores like Walmart, Academy, Hibbet, ect wont be the places i can shop anymore. Then I was thinking,"How did I let myself get like this and this far." So I bought a few shorts and shoes (thank god I cant go up in shoe size) Thats it, Im back on track. Im just really gonna need the help warriors.

Camppryor - you can do it! Just remember that every little step counts, and anything you can do in a day (regarding food or exercise) is a step in the right direction. Even though you are frustrated and down about it, try to think positively about yourself and how much you are worth it. We all know you can do it!!

Peace and Robo - I've noticed all sorts of aches and pains dissipating the more I work out and feel a little bit of that runner's high. Great work to both of you!

And welcome jennor8or!! Glad to have you here.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    congrats, Shar!!!
  • debbiequack
    Options
    YES..i knew there had to be family on MFP! WOOT :) ... ok i'll calm the excitement :p goal: doing a 6k in october, a mud run in april, and hopefully the warrior dash next summer----soooo, fitness...and overall to look and FEEL great! so tired of being able to grab rolls on my stomach---i wounldn't mind being able to pinch my stomach-but handfuls r a little much for my comfort level :p

Welcome!

I'm doing a warrior dash in Austin this November. I only run 2 miles/3 times per week, but people tell me that's enough to train for a 5K (I do aerobics on the other days).

Best,

Debbie
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Warriors! My goals this week are 3 liters of water everyday, and walk 3km every day at lunch time. Check my food diary to see the actual numbers i completed. @ Camppryor, just remember one meal, one step at a time. A friend of mine just said on another thread "sometimes it's baby steps, sometimes it's giant steps" We're all here for you. You can do it!!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Great goals, Jewel - you've got that in the bag! ;) My goal this week is to jog 10 miles (in addition to my regular workout routine of hiking/biking), even though I'm freaking hating it right at the moment. Seriously, every time I look at my treadmill I narrow my eyes and let out a low growl. I know I'll love it again once I get back into the rhythm - so keep me accountable, guys!!

Have a great week and best of luck to all of you on your goals!
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Thanks jewel and atticus, I have been doing alot better this week. been walking everynight so far. Just a mile but baby steps right? I couldnt ask for a better support group. Yall are awesome!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    I've been so busy, this week, I haven't even come up with a question or anything. I intend to sleep through tomorrow and then catch up on some stuff (laundry, writing, movie watching), but I'll be around again eventually.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks jewel and atticus, I have been doing alot better this week. been walking everynight so far. Just a mile but baby steps right? I couldnt ask for a better support group. Yall are awesome!

Baby steps are the way to go! I always say, something is better than nothing! At my heaviest (70+ lb ago), I could barely walk a mile around the block (actually, it was only 3/4 a mile! :laugh: ). I eventually added a 1/2 mile at a time - I found another small block to walk around, and would add extra laps to my walk.

Alright Warriors, we've got 1 week left of August - let's DO THIS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • debbiequack
    Options

I think that those walks are where it starts. When I first started getting active, I started with walking 3X a week, about 1.5 miles, with a friend. I didn't care how fast I went. I cared that my body was MOVING. This was three years ago and now I'm running! :)

Best,

Debbie
  • debbiequack
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their goals?

I reduced my daily fitness level which means I have to eat less, but that seems to be going okay.

Still very active (for me and for a single mom).

Happy Thursday!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours. I eat 6X per day. I very, very rarely go over my calorie intake -500 for weight loss.

It is about choices.

Next time your significant other asks for snack food give them fat free feta, Julianed roma tomato, Julianed Cucumber rolled up in spinach. Use 1 tsp of EVOO and spicy mustard as a dipping sauce.

In Italy and most european countries, food is the center of the universe. It's a place to gather and talk.

Calories : 25 per : Protein 2g : Carbs 2g : Fat 0 :
    6 rolls are only 150 calories : Protein 12g : Carbs 12g : Fat 0

2 spinach leaves.
    Fat Free Feta .3oz or 1/3oz
    Julianed Cucumber
    Julianed Roma Tom.
    add spices to your own taste.

Sauce Calories : 51 : Protein 0g : Carbs 0g : Fat 4g
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tbls brown mustard

If the EVOOs calorie count bothers you.

Sauce Calories : 15 : Protein 0g : Carbs 0g : Fat 0g

1 tbls brown mustard
  • backwardslant
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their goals?

I reduced my daily fitness level which means I have to eat less, but that seems to be going okay.

Still very active (for me and for a single mom).

Happy Thursday!

Good job, Debbie - sounds like your new daily plan is going good for you so far. Keep it up! Single moms are always active (in one way or another) whether they like it or not, right?? And if you are finding time for your own active workouts on top of that, then that is awesome for you!

My monthly goal is almost met - just have to lose that last pound, which shouldn't be a problem. As for for my goal this week (to get in all my jogging days) - a minor injury sidelined me for a few days, so I just did my first jog of the week today. BUT...I actually didn't hate it (and truth be told, kind of liked it) so that is a big WIN for me. :) It's amazing how much my stamina has improved just over the last two weeks. It's a big motivator for me, so I'd say my goals are going well so far.

Hope the rest of you are doing great too. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    my monthly goal was to lose 10lbs. I only lost 3. im so meeting that 10 pound goal next month. I will get 10 in a month!!!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    So, how's everyone doing, these days?
  • backwardslant
    Options
    So, how's everyone doing, these days?

Doing good here. I made my goal for weight loss for the month, plus I've been improving on my running stamina and times. Hope the rest of you are all doing well too....?