Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    i'm soooo happy today was my first weighting since i joined MFB & guess what i lost 9 lbs :)))
    hope i can keep up with your support :))
  • MerA822
    Options
    i don't have any trouble sleeping after working out as i'm so tired by then :)) actually when i wake up i found my self very active & in a very good mode .
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Alex and I am 30 years old living in Richland WA (find me on a map!) Today is my 16th day using MFP and have found great friends and amazing support on here, I am going to lose nearly 100 pnds with the help of all of you warriors! Highly disappointed that the last group got flagged and hope this one sticks around! If you are not big into sarcasm and wit adding me as a friend could be scary!

OMG, I went to middle and high school in Othello and took classes at Columbia Basin College!

i have a friend who grew up in othello, WA! she's 25 or 26... her name's lisa! i live in olympia :) lotsa WA rainbow warriors here!

There was a Lisa in my class. I wonder if it's the same one!

Her last name is Schoessler, I believe. Same girl?

Yes! That's crazy! Such a small world, even on the internet.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Alex and I am 30 years old living in Richland WA (find me on a map!) Today is my 16th day using MFP and have found great friends and amazing support on here, I am going to lose nearly 100 pnds with the help of all of you warriors! Highly disappointed that the last group got flagged and hope this one sticks around! If you are not big into sarcasm and wit adding me as a friend could be scary!

OMG, I went to middle and high school in Othello and took classes at Columbia Basin College!

i have a friend who grew up in othello, WA! she's 25 or 26... her name's lisa! i live in olympia :) lotsa WA rainbow warriors here!

There was a Lisa in my class. I wonder if it's the same one!

Her last name is Schoessler, I believe. Same girl?

Yes! That's crazy! Such a small world, even on the internet.

HA! amazing. back when i was in high school, she used to come over to olympia and stay with my best friend on the weekends. we used to hang out all the time! she's actually engaged to another friend of mine and is preggers. what a strange little world :)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    i'm soooo happy today was my first weighting since i joined MFB & guess what i lost 9 lbs :)))
    hope i can keep up with your support :))

Excellent!! :drinker:
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Alright, as far as challenges go, I get up VERY early in my morning so I would love to see them posted before :) That's just a wish, however. At any rate, I'm going to do the 20 squats, 20 pushups and 20 situps thing and then hopefully go running (or at least walk/running) as I'm still jet lagged.

Have a nice one!
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I know the initial post said invitation only and THEN joining etc... hopefully its okay for me to join you. My name is Becca. I am from the Boston, MA. area. I have been on MFP for a year and a half approx, and have yo-yoed on an off the band wagon. Recently I just joined a cross fit gym in my area, and have started the paleo diet that they recommend. Really just looking to get into shape and get fit an like my body. Learning the scale doesn't matter as much as the inches (which is REALLY hard to get my mind around). Anyway, I would love to be able to learn more about you all.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I know the initial post said invitation only and THEN joining etc... hopefully its okay for me to join you. My name is Becca. I am from the Boston, MA. area. I have been on MFP for a year and a half approx, and have yo-yoed on an off the band wagon. Recently I just joined a cross fit gym in my area, and have started the paleo diet that they recommend. Really just looking to get into shape and get fit an like my body. Learning the scale doesn't matter as much as the inches (which is REALLY hard to get my mind around). Anyway, I would love to be able to learn more about you all.

Definitely OK to join (although it's not just the ladies here). Welcome!
  • MerA822
    Options
    good morning ,
    i did not log in yesterday , so sorry for that , i want to ask if any one know or tried Indian figs , if you did not try it you should it'a amazing for loosing weight as it's only 30 Calories / one ,
    Just want to share the info . with you .
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    good morning ,
    i did not log in yesterday , so sorry for that , i want to ask if any one know or tried Indian figs , if you did not try it you should it'a amazing for loosing weight as it's only 30 Calories / one ,

I've been thinking of buying some figs. Been looking to find more good dried fruits to add to my diet for snacks.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    good morning ,

I've been thinking of buying some figs. Been looking to find more good dried fruits to add to my diet for snacks.

fresh figs are one of my favorite foods. they are effing delicious! i cut them up and put them in 0% greek yogurt with a bit of honey. or just eat them plain. if i'm craving sweets, they definitely help.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have never ever tried figs. I am going to look into them. Are they classified as a fruit? Are they salted? The diet I am on is kind of restrictive. I am trying to learn to be creative with my meals. It's getting kinda difficult and its only like the third or fourth day I have been on it.

Also terribly sorry for just assuming ladies. For some reason I just assumed I don't know why. Hello everyone else also. :DDD

Hope you are all well!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    I have never ever tried figs. I am going to look into them. Are they classified as a fruit? Are they salted? The diet I am on is kind of restrictive. I am trying to learn to be creative with my meals. It's getting kinda difficult and its only like the third or fourth day I have been on it.

Also terribly sorry for just assuming ladies. For some reason I just assumed I don't know why. Hello everyone else also. :DDD

Hope you are all well!

They're a fruit. They usually come with no added ingredients, whether you buy them fresh or dried.

It's OK. I think the women outnumber the men on MFP in general, so it's an honest mistake.
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers :drinker:
    Hi Ladies! Sorry it's taking me a minute to arrive.
    My Name is Sherry I'm 41yo I live in Alabama I'm married to a Great woman Her name is Juli. you will find her as well in my friend list send her a friend request She is not the type for forum's. She doesn't have much time for that right now. So a little bout me.
    I started this Journey in May 2010 after I was told I was at the beginning stages of type 2 Diabetes. Needless to say I nipped that within the first 4 months of Changing my eating habits & with exercise An with the help of Juli she has joined in with me.
    I lost a total of 42 lbs to start with. Now I'm down in my back an dealing with steroid Injections an Bedrest So needless to say I've gained back some of my weight but still trying to eat right. But I've been down since June 30th Fingers Crossed I will be up an going again soon. I will see the Neuro Surgeon on Monday

Add Me to your Friend List I maynot be able to work out right now But I will try my best to Motivate you guys!!! I love good challenges so I can't wait to get back up an going soon

Wow! Way to take charge of your life!!

Best,

Debbie

Thanks girl... It's been a challenge for Sure.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread up in hopes we get some new members!
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    I agree, we need more members and we need people to post more. Where are you people???? Oh CJ, I forgot that Robo posted that its invitations only!! Recruit Recruit Recruit
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just found this forum. I am 43 years old. I have lost 33 lbs so far. When I saw the scale hit 299, I decided I needed to start paying as much to my body as I do to my spiritual/psychological/political/social/ improvement. I am just into the type ii diabetic range. My partner is als diabetic and has an immune deficiency. We have both been working on losing weight. (She isn't using MFP though.)

I'm so glad you are all here!:flowerforyou:
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    I agree, we need more members and we need people to post more. Where are you people???? Oh CJ, I forgot that Robo posted that its invitations only!! Recruit Recruit Recruit

Definitely recruit!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Question Of The Week:

What food have you given up that turned out to be a huge disappointment when you tried it again at a later date?
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Hey Warriors,

I know it said invitation only, I saw CeeJay post about it and thats what brought me here, hope that counts! =)

Im 36, I am from San Diego, CA. I have decided enough is enough. Im tired of feeling unhealthy, not to mention the complete inability to look cute in clothes any more! lol

My biggest motivators: Myself, My 17yr old daughter

I have 125lbs to lose, have lost 18 so far! =)