Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• guyonthego
    guyonthego Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Alex and I am 30 years old living in Richland WA (find me on a map!) Today is my 16th day using MFP and have found great friends and amazing support on here, I am going to lose nearly 100 pnds with the help of all of you warriors! Highly disappointed that the last group got flagged and hope this one sticks around! If you are not big into sarcasm and wit adding me as a friend could be scary!
  • guyonthego
    Options
    Hi Everyone......Thanks CeejayGee for letting me about this group, since apparently the "other group" was removed :(

Anyone mind if I put my flag here?? :)

"No flag, No country" - Eddie Izzard!
  • guyonthego
    Options
    I am GAME! GREAT STARTING PLACE FOR ME - Don't let me off the hook!
    How bout a mini challenge? This is my first time to do one.

Since im new to this lets start things off slow...

Lets see:

20 squats, 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and run in place for 20 seconds.
    Do everyday for the week of July 24- July 31.

You can do it all at once or one at a time throughout the day. If your in, let me know that way we can post each day. Feel free to do more if you like. Come on people we can do this. This wont even take but 5 to 10 min out of your day. Lets get healthy together! :smile:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Lets see:

You can do it all at once or one at a time throughout the day. If your in, let me know that way we can post each day. Feel free to do more if you like. Come on people we can do this. This wont even take but 5 to 10 min out of your day. Lets get healthy together! :smile:

Alright Alex, I've done my 20 squats, 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups so far...plus 20 calf raises. I'll do the running tonight at rugby practice! Let me see what you've got!!

Also, am I allowed to do it twice today to make up for yesterday? :wink:
  • guyonthego
    Options

Lets see:

Alright Alex, I've done my 20 squats, 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups so far...plus 20 calf raises. I'll do the running tonight at rugby practice! Let me see what you've got!!

Also, am I allowed to do it twice today to make up for yesterday? :wink:

HOLY CRAP YOU ARE AWESOME~ but NO DICE on making up a day! :)
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    i want to have another suggestion is that we have a list of all our names & starting weight at certain date & keep track of what we do , so every week for example we weight our selves along with the mini challenges every week .

hopefully I'm not to annoying :))

lol your not annoying! But any suggestion is a good one. You can put that in your signature that way the whole group can see. Or would you rather one person keep track of it and post at the end of the week?
    i think some one should keep track of it &better to the group creator .
    i
  • MerA822
    Options
    i completed my mini challange for today i did 40 squats , 40 setups , 20 push ups , & run in place for about a 60 seconds .
    & starting now my cardio work out , for the second day hopfully to make it an every day habit :))
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Alex and I am 30 years old living in Richland WA (find me on a map!) Today is my 16th day using MFP and have found great friends and amazing support on here, I am going to lose nearly 100 pnds with the help of all of you warriors! Highly disappointed that the last group got flagged and hope this one sticks around! If you are not big into sarcasm and wit adding me as a friend could be scary!

OMG, I went to middle and high school in Othello and took classes at Columbia Basin College!
  • numberscolors
    Options

OMG, I went to middle and high school in Othello and took classes at Columbia Basin College!

i have a friend who grew up in othello, WA! she's 25 or 26... her name's lisa! i live in olympia :) lotsa WA rainbow warriors here!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

i have a friend who grew up in othello, WA! she's 25 or 26... her name's lisa! i live in olympia :) lotsa WA rainbow warriors here!

There was a Lisa in my class. I wonder if it's the same one!
  • MerA822
    Options
    Good morning , it's now 11:00 am in Alex, I'm sure most of you still sleeping right now :))) yesterday i worked out before i sleep i don't know if it's good or bad , but this is the only free time for me ?

today i did my mini challenge before i came to work , it really feel great to work out & i feel much happier :))
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Question of the Week:

What person is your number one motivation for getting fit?

I would have to say me! I believe I should only be doing this for myself as other people shouldn't have a problem with how I look/ My partner loves me for who I am and would never expect me to lose weight for her, and neither would anyone else I know. It's about me feeling fitter and healthier.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers :drinker:
    Hi Ladies! Sorry it's taking me a minute to arrive.
    My Name is Sherry I'm 41yo I live in Alabama I'm married to a Great woman Her name is Juli. you will find her as well in my friend list send her a friend request She is not the type for forum's. She doesn't have much time for that right now. So a little bout me.
    I started this Journey in May 2010 after I was told I was at the beginning stages of type 2 Diabetes. Needless to say I nipped that within the first 4 months of Changing my eating habits & with exercise An with the help of Juli she has joined in with me.
    I lost a total of 42 lbs to start with. Now I'm down in my back an dealing with steroid Injections an Bedrest So needless to say I've gained back some of my weight but still trying to eat right. But I've been down since June 30th Fingers Crossed I will be up an going again soon. I will see the Neuro Surgeon on Monday.

Add Me to your Friend List I maynot be able to work out right now But I will try my best to Motivate you guys!!! I love good challenges so I can't wait to get back up an going soon.

Wow! Way to take charge of your life!

Best,

Debbie
  • shar140
    Options
    Good morning , it's now 11:00 am in Alex, I'm sure most of you still sleeping right now :))) yesterday i worked out before i sleep i don't know if it's good or bad , but this is the only free time for me ?

today i did my mini challenge before i came to work , it really feel great to work out & i feel much happier :))

Good job doing the mini challenge before work!! :drinker:

Exercise...it really depends on what fits in your schedule, I prefer to work out after work since I am not a morning person. If you can still sleep after your work out, then I don't really see a problem!

Alright, off to get started on the mini-challenge!
  • shar140
    Options
    Question of the Week:

What person is your number one motivation for getting fit?

Myself! I know it sounds cliche, but I learned when I started 7 years ago (yeah, I've been on this journey a LONG time! lol) I was finally able to make lifestyle changes rather than "dieting" because I decided to do it for myself, not because my mom wanted me to (in my teens, I did slim fast, jenny craig, cabbage soup diet, etc). Yeah, sure I wanted to lose weight then (I've been overweight for as long as I can remember), but I was never successful until I decided to change my lifestyle for the better and educate myself on nutrition & fitness. Ok, so Jenny Craig worked....until I went off the "diet". And sure, there were periods where I abandoned my healthier lifestyle and gained back some of my weight (which is why it's taking so long!), but I've come a long way from where I was (& where I was headed!).
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Good morning hope everyones day is going great so far. I love reading the posts saying your mini challenges are done. Keep up the great work Warriors. I have gotten a few people involved in our mini challenge. They agreed to do the exercises and even made mini goals for themselves. I love my sister,niece, and bff Tina. Its so good to have people in your everyday life helping you to reach your goal. now as for MFP family, yall rock. i couldnt ask for a better online family. Love you guys

:heart: Kayla
  • guyonthego
    Options
    I finished my mini challenge for yesterday last night before bed....and today im gonna sneak it in while I am working! lol.

Good morning hope everyones day is going great so far. I love reading the posts saying your mini challenges are done. Keep up the great work Warriors. I have gotten a few people involved in our mini challenge. They agreed to do the exercises and even made mini goals for themselves. I love my sister,niece, and bff Tina. Its so good to have people in your everyday life helping you to reach your goal. now as for MFP family, yall rock. i couldnt ask for a better online family. Love you guys

:heart: Kayla
  • guyonthego
    Options
    RAINBOW WARRIORS - Have you added me as a friend yet? If your answer to this is NO, then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! ADD ME! (hotties to the top of the list, LOL, had to throw that in there....)

RAINBOW WARRIORS - Daily Check in.....Whats on your mind, right now?!
  • numberscolors
    Options

There was a Lisa in my class. I wonder if it's the same one!

Her last name is Schoessler, I believe. Same girl?
  • MerA822
    Options
    i'm soooo happy today was my first weighting since i joined MFB & guess what i lost 9 lbs :)))
    hope i can keep up with your support :))