Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @amccrazgrl - I ran my first 5k in April for Race for the Cure, it was awesome! How far away is your 5k? There are training programs you can do to get you ready to run a 5k, like the couch to 5k is an 8 week program. I found another one online that was 5 weeks (which coincidentally was all the time I had to train, haha).

The 1st week in Oct. I'm thinking possibly to do couch to 5K.
    The heat index makes it 110 here in VA. I did a 60 minute UFC Personal Trainer workout and burned about 307 calories. :-)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

What person is your number one motivation for getting fit?
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm Lauren from Houston TX - 31 years old, type 1 diabetic, and I've lost about 22 pounds and have about 10-15 to go depending on how I feel when I get around there. It's so incredibly hot here so we do a lot of evening biking and weekend beach stuff...

ETA - thanks to robo for creating this topic!
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    How bout a mini challenge? This is my first time to do one.

Since im new to this lets start things off slow...

Lets see:

20 squats, 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and run in place for 20 seconds.
    Do everyday for the week of July 24- July 31.

You can do it all at once or one at a time throughout the day. If your in, let me know that way we can post each day. Feel free to do more if you like. Come on people we can do this. This wont even take but 5 to 10 min out of your day. Lets get healthy together! :smile:
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

ME!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    yay!! i love this group! :)

hi, my name is evan. i'm 24, i live in olympia, wa, and i'm currently getting my prerequisites so i can go to nursing school. i'm looking to lose the 50 lbs i gained while on the mirena IUD 2 years ago, as well as an extra 45 (if that's possible) for good measure! so far i've lost 32 lbs and i couldn't be more thrilled :)

3178057c2fbc93568136ad9860f52665_0f024db38ba9c65fb14094ce3a6c7c70.jpg
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I have three godchildren and they are really, really active. I can't keep up with them, so I keep them in mind as my motivation a lot. It really sucks to have to say "No, honey... I'm too tired" when they want to do something that requires a lot of energy. One of these days, I won't have to tell them no anymore.
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Looks like lots of interested people:) I'm Postlethwaite, 31 in Canada. Live with my lovely partner and our collection of wild wooly pomeranians. Nice to see you all here..
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Question of the Week:

ME!

LOL, I like that answer!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    I feel like I need to make us a banner...
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

For me, it's persons...see their pic on my ticker! Those are my grandkids! I want to be around to see their kids!!
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    Question of the Week:

i think there are a lot of people , but mainly ME i'm the only one unhappy about how i look, every one else seems to be fine with it :))
  • Camppryor21
    Options

Yes get to it :happy:
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    can i sugesst something , why don't we add each other sas friends i see that we are not a huge number wich is a plus , tha't way we can have more support from each other .
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I don't know who's my biggest inspiration but seeing my mom lose a lot of weight after being diagnosed with diabetes and turning things around is a BIG motivation for me. I used to be skinnier than her and now it's the other way around!! Living as long as possible to be with my gf is another big motivator. And then there's me and my own vanity ;)
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options

Yes get to it :happy:

LOL, I already have thoughts on this.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Hmmmm....ME, really. I've always excelled intellectually, but now I want to excel physically. And, my son: I don't want him to know me as a fat mom. I want us to have a fun, full life together.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1. I love the challenges but I probably won't get to them until I get home. I'm visiting Denmark right now and I'm exercising quite a bit but have no routine about it.
    2. Please add me, if you already haven't. These threads tend to get taken down quickly. In the event that happens, we can still stay connected.
    3. My gf and I have been doing this for at least a year, together, so she helps motivate me when I'm not. Motivated. My family inspires me and finally, I'm really doing this for me bc I happen to like me and want to live a long and active life.
    4. I like the banner idea :)

Best,
    Debbie
  • BiggySwaggy
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Whoa! Number One Motivation for me - me and my girlfriend. And swag of Heather Morris and Chachi.
    I love my goal. I love my way to be cute and healthy. It's a true motivation.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

My number one motivation person for getting fit is...........Myself....

My family, friends, and bf love me to pieces. However, I'm having problems loving myself. I was a lean 125 pound girl only a couple short years ago. A lot has happened since then and I want to love my body as much now as I did back then.