Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while on this group.

Brandy here. My wife and I live in Winter Park, FL and are both on MFP trying to lose at least 60 or more pounds. We've been members since January of this year and are really making some progress.

I'm so glad this group exists and I'm looking forward to getting to know and motivate all of you!

Please feel free to add me!
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Bump:drinker:

Hope everyone Has a Great Weekend
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Sticking with the food theme, what's one food or drink you absolutely refuse to give up?

For me, it's coffee and chocolate, though I now drink mostly black coffee and eat only dark chocolate.
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OK, haven't been here in a while so I have some catching up to do.
    1. August goals-lose 10 lbs; workout everyday (even if I don't make it to the gym) and drink more water!!!

2. What foods I refuse to give up?
    Full flavor/fat cheese, chocolate (I really only like dark chocolate) and coffee...all the way with cream and sugar (splenda)

Rhonda
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    RE: Questions and goals...

First, I LOVE spaghetti squash. Thanks for the reminder!
    Second, the food I won't give up is a beer with dinner. I have seen some "purists" give up alcohol, but I still drink a bud-light-lime, nightly (or about 6 oz of wine, depending on what I feel like).

Third, I've met my goals by exercising daily, every day this week. I have my "break day" on Thursday, but I still did yoga.

Wondering on how others are doing on their goals?

My goal this week is the same as last: at least 30 min/day, 6 days a week.

Best,

Debbie
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a good job of keeping up with my exercise goals, so far, and not using my writing as an excuse to slack off. Unfortunately, I've gotten a bit behind in my writing. I'm going to have to work really hard on my days off, this week, to catch up on that. I've rallied from this far behind, before, so I'm not worried.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up coffee or beer but I have been drinking almost non-beer like Michelob Ultra :smile:

I also allow ice cream and the like on occasion and in moderation - I have been able to have a distant relationship with treats and it's working out okay (plus the type 1 diabetes is a big incentive to not eat as much of it).

Exercise - I need to get more firm goals but have been doing well with biking regularly (~30 miles/week). I haven't done *kitten* the last few days since hiking through some poison ivy! :grumble:
  • debbiequack
    Options
    Starting a work, health, program where you spin a wheel and do any one of about 30 exercises designed to be done in the office, lol. Today we are tracking grains. I think it's kind of a cool addition to what I regularly do.

Best,

Debbie
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Second, the food I won't give up is a beer with dinner. I have seen some "purists" give up alcohol, but I still drink a bud-light-lime, nightly (or about 6 oz of wine, depending on what I feel like).

Wait, Bud Light is beer??? <G>

I'm a bit of a beer snob, I suppose. So, my beers tend to be like 8-10% in alcohol content and thus many more calories. So, I just rarely drink them.

I'd say once a month now, I'll engage in drinking. The rest of the time, I skip it.
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Im luckily not a big drinker, never have been. I will have a beer here and there and its pansy beer like bud light lime or mich ultra lime lol

My weakness is soda =( Ive accounted for one each day in my diary. And have been doing pretty well with that.
  • amschulte
    amschulte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok guys.... I know its the 2nd and all but how bout everyone make a goal for the month. Mine is to lose 10 pounds for the month of August and up my water to about 90 to 100 oz a day. We can do this people. Ok so i will post my weekly weight loss in my signature for this month. Any one up for the challenge?

I'm up for the challenge! I've lost 1 pound (last week) and would love to lose another 9 this month. I'll start keeping track of how much water I consume too. :D
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My goal for the month is going to be to lose 10 pounds - and make it to the end of 30DS. Jillian Michaels is a beast.

The thing I refuse to give up is alcohol. I just drink less of it now, but occasionally I want a Jack & coke or a glass of wine. I went out to dinner the other night and got a mudslide. I don't do it all the time so tough. xD

My weakness is fair food. I live in an area that uses any excuse to have a festival and I love going. I try to be smart about it, but the funnel cakes always, always call me back in. Of course, I am down to ONE with powdered sugar ONLY instead of 2-3 a day during fair time with powdered sugar, strawberries, chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream. Occasionally I still get the strawberries.

I feel like a different person this week, honestly. I am getting ready to start day 3 of level 1 of the 30ds and I'm actually not dreading it anymore. It's already become something I look forward to on a daily basis, even if it is hard.
  • guyonthego
    Options
    Yea I am quoting myself, just as a reminder to everyone...

I need more Warrior guys to friend me! I love all the ladies (of course) but where are all the other guys! :drinker:
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Knock-knock-knock...

Ahem...um, hi, sorry I'm late. Can I still come in, pretty please? I'm Sue from Southern California. I love MFP and I have some friends in the Rainbow Warriors. My goal is to get back in shape and be a stud again! I am married for 16 years to a beautiful woman and we have a 10 year old son, Nick. I promise to be motivating and make you laugh once in awhile. :laugh:
  • CeejayGee
    Options
    Ahem...um, hi, sorry I'm late. Can I still come in, pretty please? I'm Sue from Southern California. I love MFP and I have some friends in the Rainbow Warriors. My goal is to get back in shape and be a stud again! I am married for 16 years to a beautiful woman and we have a 10 year old son, Nick. I promise to be motivating and make you laugh once in awhile. :laugh:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a "getting my studliness back" goal :)
  • CeejayGee
    Options
    Yea I am quoting myself, just as a reminder to everyone...
    I need more Warrior guys to friend me! I love all the ladies (of course) but where are all the other guys! :drinker:

Yeah, where ARE all the gay boys????
  • CeejayGee
    Options
    The thing I refuse to give up is alcohol. I just drink less of it now, but occasionally I want a Jack & coke or a glass of wine. I went out to dinner the other night and got a mudslide. I don't do it all the time so tough. xD

And, you don't have to give it up! Like you said, moderation. And, make smart choices. I tend to avoid stuff with lots of sugary fillers (like mudslides) and go right for the high-alcohol content drinks (like old fashioneds). Packs a bigger punch with fewer non-alcohol calories :)
    My weakness is fair food. I live in an area that uses any excuse to have a festival and I love going. I try to be smart about it, but the funnel cakes always, always call me back in. Of course, I am down to ONE with powdered sugar ONLY instead of 2-3 a day during fair time with powdered sugar, strawberries, chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream. Occasionally I still get the strawberries.

THat would be hard. But, I find that after awhile, you really do start to stop craving that stuff. And after awhile longer, it no longer even tastes good to you. I used to eat TONS of that stuff - tons of sweets, tons of fried food, etc. Now, I never crave it and when I do have a bite, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. In time, your taste buds change :-)
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Hey my rainbow poeple, so I had this 10 pound goal for this month. After this past weekend I am actually up 6 pounds instead of down 6. We had a festival in town fried foods, funnel cakes, tacos, yeah it was bad. I didnt eat a whole lot. I just ate BAD food. It took me a month to lose 17 pounds but only 2 days to gain back 6. How f'd up is that. Seeing that scale go up really made me sad and I have lost ALL motivation to keep going. I know I should and today has been a great bounce back day but I cant stop thinking about how I gained back 6 pouds in only 2 damn days. Is that even possible?
  • debbiequack
    Options
    Guyonthego, I'm friends with a couple of compadres, but they haven't really joined the thread!

Debbie
  • debbiequack
    Options
    Hey my rainbow poeple, so I had this 10 pound goal for this month. After this past weekend I am actually up 6 pounds instead of down 6. We had a festival in town fried foods, funnel cakes, tacos, yeah it was bad. I didnt eat a whole lot. I just ate BAD food. It took me a month to lose 17 pounds but only 2 days to gain back 6. How f'd up is that. Seeing that scale go up really made me sad and I have lost ALL motivation to keep going. I know I should and today has been a great bounce back day but I cant stop thinking about how I gained back 6 pouds in only 2 damn days. Is that even possible?

I think a 6 pound gain is likely H20 but by the same token, 10 pounds in a month is a helluva lot to lose! I lose about 2/month.. Good luck, tho!

Debbie