Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How bout a mini challenge? This is my first time to do one.

Since im new to this lets start things off slow...

Lets see:

20 squats, 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and run in place for 20 seconds.
    Do everyday for the week of July 24- July 31.

You can do it all at once or one at a time throughout the day. If your in, let me know that way we can post each day. Feel free to do more if you like. Come on people we can do this. This wont even take but 5 to 10 min out of your day. Lets get healthy together! :smile:

When I get home from dinner (yeah, Im jam packed today till after then), I will do this after my 30 DS video ;) We shall see about those push-ups though...They can be the "girly" kind right? Not even Jillian Michaels has been able to get me to do push ups very well haha
  • Camppryor21
    Options

Lets see:

You can do it all at once or one at a time throughout the day. If your in, let me know that way we can post each day. Feel free to do more if you like. Come on people we can do this. This wont even take but 5 to 10 min out of your day. Lets get healthy together! :smile:

When I get home from dinner (yeah, Im jam packed today till after then), I will do this after my 30 DS video ;) We shall see about those push-ups though...They can be the "girly" kind right? Not even Jillian Michaels has been able to get me to do push ups very well haha

Lol yes they sure can. We are starting off slow. girly push-ups is what I had in mind also. There is no way these arms can lift this body at this point. :) Lets do this!
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers :drinker:
    Hi Ladies! Sorry it's taking me a minute to arrive.
    My Name is Sherry I'm 41yo I live in Alabama I'm married to a Great woman Her name is Juli. you will find her as well in my friend list send her a friend request She is not the type for forum's. She doesn't have much time for that right now. So a little bout me.
    I started this Journey in May 2010 after I was told I was at the beginning stages of type 2 Diabetes. Needless to say I nipped that within the first 4 months of Changing my eating habits & with exercise An with the help of Juli she has joined in with me.
    I lost a total of 42 lbs to start with. Now I'm down in my back an dealing with steroid Injections an Bedrest So needless to say I've gained back some of my weight but still trying to eat right. But I've been down since June 30th Fingers Crossed I will be up an going again soon. I will see the Neuro Surgeon on Monday.

Add Me to your Friend List I maynot be able to work out right now But I will try my best to Motivate you guys!!! I love good challenges so I can't wait to get back up an going soon.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Rainbow Warriors!! How's it going? I'm entering an emotional period in that I'm starting to tell people that I'm moving. The next couple of months will no doubt be a roller coaster of a trip! I'm so dreading the whole packing thing...at least this time I'll be counting how many calories are burning! Ha! And then I have no idea how to move my things and my two cats half way across the states!! Any ideas???

Hope you are all staying cool on this hot summer day!!
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Wooooo. Got todays mini challenge done. Now fixin to go to work. Let the calories burn baby.
  • amschulte
    amschulte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Warriors: Love it. :)

Hi, my name is Angella, I'm 25 years old and live in Columbiana, OH and need to lose 100+ pounds. Not sure what my final goal should be since I've never been skinny so I'll aim for 100 first then reevaluate my body, my health, and how happy I am with my body image.

I'll have to agree with many other posts and say my number 1 person for motivation is myself. I want to be happy and healthy for myself but also for my wonderful boyfriend. He quit smoking after 15 years so I can quit fat. =) Also, my dad has lost 64 pounds and he's my hero.

As for the mini challege I will start Monday since I just got back from my parents where we were celebrating my sister's graduation and all I want to do right now is sleep. And laundry.
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options

Lets see:

I love the idea ...sorry i just sow it now as i did not enter all day today & it's 1:00 PM now in Egypt , so i will start tommorrow , love the idea :)
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a good week! Healthy lunches at work! :)
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was just in the shower thinking of this topic so I did my squats in there.
    Now I'm do the rest.
  • MerA822
    Options
    Good afternoon , it's 12:00 PM in Alex, now , i had my breakfast , i will do the mini challenge as soon as i get home form Work .
  • MerA822
    Options
    hopefully i will have healthy lunch , i did not have the time to bring lunch from home so i will try to get the healthiest thing possible :)))
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (and good afternoon to some! lol) Rainbow Warriors!

My apologies for not being around yesterday, I was out on a tube in a creek (no more canoes or kayaks left!), which turned into a workout - water hiking! Yeah, the water level was so low, half the time we had to walk - and drag an inner tube, AND carry the coolers (they had a little raft). I'm kind of surprised our group of 12 only popped 1 inner tube! lol Then when the water *was* deep enough, it was so stagnant that we went nowhere! So I was exhausted last night when I finally got home!

Needless to say, I did not get around to our mini-challenge yesterday! :frown: BUT, I will try to work it into my day today. And, of course, I brought my lunch as always. In the 3 months since I started this job, I've only been out to lunch once - and it was just taco bell fresco menu for me!

RE: push-ups, you also have the option to do wall push-ups! I will probably use my desk.

Let's make it a HEALTHY Monday! :drinker:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    hopefully i will have healthy lunch , i did not have the time to bring lunch from home so i will try to get the healthiest thing possible :)))

I always make my lunch the night before, usually leftovers from dinner. That way I know I'm all set and don't have to worry about it! :flowerforyou:
  • MerA822
    Options

I always make my lunch the night before, usually leftovers from dinner. That way I know I'm all set and don't have to worry about it! :flowerforyou:

the problem is that Lunch for us is the main meal as for you is dinner , so at work all i can do is having snacks until i get home from work & have the big meal & dinner for us usually is like breakfast food , so some days when i' work late i have to eat something more filling or a big meal so i make an order or eat out :)) i know it's so confusing :)))
  • MerA822
    Options
    i want to have another suggestion is that we have a list of all our names & starting weight at certain date & keep track of what we do , so every week for example we weight our selves along with the mini challenges every week .

hopefully I'm not to annoying :))
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone......Thanks CeejayGee for letting me about this group, since apparently the "other group" was removed :(

Anyone mind if I put my flag here?? :)
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I stopped by the store this morning for lunch: a little tray of veggies w/ ranch (140 cals) and a hummus and prezel tray (250 cals). But, now someone won a lunch here and there's a yummy salad included, so I may switch my lunches around :) Yum. I need the veggies for sure!
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    i want to have another suggestion is that we have a list of all our names & starting weight at certain date & keep track of what we do , so every week for example we weight our selves along with the mini challenges every week .

hopefully I'm not to annoying :))

lol your not annoying! But any suggestion is a good one. You can put that in your signature that way the whole group can see. Or would you rather one person keep track of it and post at the end of the week?
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Hi Everyone......Thanks CeejayGee for letting me about this group, since apparently the "other group" was removed :(

Anyone mind if I put my flag here?? :)

Welcome!!!