Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    would someone please post the MIM chocolate recipe for me....I know it is on here but I can't seem to find it.... silly me for not printing it when I found it the first time....thanks...:smile:

I have it, and many variations, listed on my website. The address is in my sig :)

Thanks, they sound awesome...
  • jatcat310
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I look in every chip aisle in every store I go in...I live in Connecticut. My next stop are gas stations, krauzers, dairy mart and cumberland farms....I am going to order online...it seems there are a lot of brands that are good so I am going to go for it!!!

:happy:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The Whoosh *kitten*...er..Fairy...visited me this morning. I am officially out of the 160's

YE - YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Congrats M2S! Keep up the good work!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The Whoosh *kitten*...er..Fairy...visited me this morning. I am officially out of the 160's

Please send her my way tonight! Lost 6lbs in my first week and have lost a pathetic 1lbs in the last three weeks. Starting to get very upset about this! Thinking of going back to induction to kick start it all.

Only upside is I HAVE lost two inches off my waist and an inch off my hips (probably through my upping my exercise), but, seriously, this isn't fair! Have been sticking to 1200 calories net once exercise is taken into account (I know, I know, I shouldn't be too worried about calories on low carb) and wonder whether this is right for me.

Perhaps I just need to be patient and wait for those scales to start moving again.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I look in every chip aisle in every store I go in...I live in Connecticut. My next stop are gas stations, krauzers, dairy mart and cumberland farms....I am going to order online...it seems there are a lot of brands that are good so I am going to go for it!!!

:happy:
    Awww, Cumberland Farms. I grew up in CT and I have fond memories of that store. LOL
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    SHR7 - During the weekend of "Hurricane" Irene, I kind of had a disaster with my eating. Then it trickled into the rest of the week with an Oreo cookie here and there. After a few days of getting away with it, the number on the scale started to creep up. I panicked and decided to do something that I very rarely do - share my feelings with someone. I told my husband what happened and told him that I have this habit of sabotaging myself after a few weeks. He gave me a lot of support and motivation to keep it together and go full force. I've been strict for the past few days and the Whoosh Fairy came by finally and not only took away all the weight I had gained from the cheating, but a little more for a bonus! lol

Over the past month I've noticed that I tend to stall when:

-I eat more than 2 or 3 ounces of cheese per day
    -I eat LESS than 3 cups of veggies per day
    -I drink less than 50 ounces of water OR more than 100 ounces. I have to stay in between there
    -I eat more than two low-carb desserts. Even when I have some carbs remaining for the day
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    SHR7 - During the weekend of "Hurricane" Irene, I kind of had a disaster with my eating. Then it trickled into the rest of the week with an Oreo cookie here and there. After a few days of getting away with it, the number on the scale started to creep up. I panicked and decided to do something that I very rarely do - share my feelings with someone. I told my husband what happened and told him that I have this habit of sabotaging myself after a few weeks. He gave me a lot of support and motivation to keep it together and go full force. I've been strict for the past few days and the Whoosh Fairy came by finally and not only took away all the weight I had gained from the cheating, but a little more for a bonus! lol

-I drink less than 50 ounces of water OR more than 100 ounces. I have to stay in between there
    -I eat more than two low-carb desserts. Even when I have some carbs remaining for the day

Me, too! If I don't get my carbs in the veggies, I tend to go overboard with the desserts---especially the peanut butter! I just noticed this morning, that what I've been measuring as a tablespoon is actually more than a tablespoon. Time to tighten up the ship :)
  • martinah4
    Options

Please send her my way tonight! Lost 6lbs in my first week and have lost a pathetic 1lbs in the last three weeks. Starting to get very upset about this! Thinking of going back to induction to kick start it all.

Only upside is I HAVE lost two inches off my waist and an inch off my hips (probably through my upping my exercise), but, seriously, this isn't fair! Have been sticking to 1200 calories net once exercise is taken into account (I know, I know, I shouldn't be too worried about calories on low carb) and wonder whether this is right for me.

Perhaps I just need to be patient and wait for those scales to start moving again.

Ask yourself:

Are you drinking AT LEAST 64 oz of water a day?
    Are you eating 3 cups of veggies (2 cups lettuce, 1 cup from the higher carb Induction list)
    Are you excercising?
    Are you eating too many nuts, foods with Splenda, or foods with sugar alcohols?

These are all things that tend to make me stall! So, when I see a plateau, I always have to go back and be strict again! Like, this morning, I discovered that my food measurements are getting a little larger :) In my world, 1 tsp = 1 tbs. Hee hee!
  • martinah4
    Options
    EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Too much work to say and type out, that's why I just use the letters =)

Thanks! I've seen that before, and thought it was a brand name product. LOL! I'm horrible with acronyms!
  • martinah4
    Options
    I CANNOT FIND PORK RINDS ANYWHERE, it is making me crazy....guess it is time to order online, but I am nervous - what if I don't like them......

You're in NYC? I wonder why you can't find pork rinds? I bought some at Wal-mart for 98 cents this weekend, for a large bag.
  • martinah4
    Options

AWESOME!!!
  • martinah4
    Options
    Alrighty, I finally found a decent picture of my face to post on here. Now, how to upload...?
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    YAY now I know that Martinah isn't really a blue charicature!!! lol

Nice pic =)
  • martinah4
    Options
    YAY now I know that Martinah isn't really a blue charicature!!! lol

Nice pic =)

Aawwww! Thanks! Now that I'm down some L.B's, I'm not as afraid to be in front of the camera! This pic (with my husband cropped out) was taken at a wedding a few weeks ago.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Me, too! If I don't get my carbs in the veggies, I tend to go overboard with the desserts---especially the peanut butter! I just noticed this morning, that what I've been measuring as a tablespoon is actually more than a tablespoon. Time to tighten up the ship :)

Thanks everyone. Knew I could count on you to be my cheerleaders - and give me good advice!

Looking back at my diary I have been having cheese and Splenda (and couple of handfuls of nuts). Will try cutting back on those and see how I get on. Need to remind myself that just because something is low in carbs, it doesn't necessarily mean it is okay to have loads of it!
  • jatcat310
    Options
    @Martina - I am in Connecticut, I just might have to drive over to NY for a bag - lol. The S&H is ridiculous on some of the sites. UGH!

@sfoust - Who doesn't love Cumby's.....
  • martinah4
    Options

Thanks everyone. Knew I could count on you to be my cheerleaders - and give me good advice!

Looking back at my diary I have been having cheese and Splenda (and couple of handfuls of nuts). Will try cutting back on those and see how I get on. Need to remind myself that just because something is low in carbs, it doesn't necessarily mean it is okay to have loads of it!

You got this! Just make a few tweeks and adjustments here and there! Hang in there!
  • martinah4
    Options
    @Martina - I am in Connecticut, I just might have to drive over to NY for a bag - lol. The S&H is ridiculous on some of the sites. UGH!

@sfoust - Who doesn't love Cumby's.....

Do you have a Wal-mart nearby? I know it's not the ideal place to shop, but they have a lot of inexpensive Atkins foods (I find flaxseed meal there for less than $3).
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    I am not following a particular low carb plan... I just try to eat around 20 grams of carbs per day...this would technically mean I am in the induction phase of Atkins. As it stands I love how I feel and how much I can eat without gaining weight and even losing it. I am considering staying in this phase forever (I will introduce more veggies)... do you all think there might be a drawback to doing this? I will consider having refeeds if I absolutely must but I hate the way fruits, pastas and bread make me feel (always hungry and never statiated).

What do you all think? I personally think it's sustainable in the long run if I just up the number of calories I eat once I get to my goal weight.