Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    made it through day 3 :drinker:

Today begins day 4 for me.......:flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a terrific day:bigsmile:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I made it through last night and Tuesday's are hard for me because for some reason I get so hungry when watching the Biggest Loser, but I'm on night 8 tonight!!!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My new day one fell flat. I had a granola bar at 11:30 last night. I just couldn't sleep.... my stomach was hurting for food and growling at me...
    So today I will try again.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Didn't eat past 630 that is an hour earlier than my goal.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations gmukris on making it to 8 nights!!!:flowerforyou:
    I only got as far as 7 nights and then had to go back to the beginning. But, I've now had 3 nights in a row of no snacking, tonight will be 4. It can be done.
    Zaza
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back to day one.

Yesterday, I came home from mountain biking about 9:15 and I very absentmindedly stuffed a Fiber One toaster pastry in my face. I then remembered the challenge and it caused me to use language unbecoming a successful MFPer.

Oh well, I'll see if I can make it further this time. Hopefully practice will make perfect.
  • gmukris
    Options
    I only got as far as 7 nights and then had to go back to the beginning. But, I've now had 3 nights in a row of no snacking, tonight will be 4. It can be done.
    Zaza

Thanks, Zaza :happy: It is a really hard challenge, but I feel better in the morning knowing I made it through the evening.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Tonight is 4 nights of no snacking. I almost slipped and then I remembered this thread. Thank you dewpearl for starting it!
    Good night all.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I am once again back at day one. I binged tonight after another complete blow out in my life. I don't know why I try to feel better with food... because in the long run I feel 100x worse after I binge. It would be different if I could binge on carrots, celery and broccoli, but no, it has to be "deep fried, stick to your thighs" and ice cream.
    I even had Sushi at 9:00 to celebrate with my daughter the fact that she passed her belt test for Karate (it was her first test and I thought it was only fitting to have Japanese food to go with her Japanese test.

I think tomorrow will be better.

To make things even worse, I skipped the gym today and went to the bar for 4 drinks... at least I was drinking Windsor Diets, but it is kind of stupid to even drink diet pop when I binge hard. :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :grumble: :explode:

Anyone have any ideas on how to not turn to food when I feel like my life is completely falling apart?
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Zaza

Congrats to both of you. I wish I could be as strong.
    For what it is worth, I am super proud of both of you!!!!!!!!!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Of course you will follow the plan to your needs but you get the idea

Hey thanks. I was wondering because I feel like there is such a debate about it. I know that I am really bad about saving most of my cals for night because that is when I am most prone to eat. I am usually busy during the day and all I want to do is eat at night because I am relaxing. I do eat during the day just not a lot. I have been doing good so far this week though. I haven't eaten at least two hours before bedtime everynight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    To make things even worse, I skipped the gym today and went to the bar for 4 drinks... at least I was drinking Windsor Diets, but it is kind of stupid to even drink diet pop when I binge hard.

Anyone have any ideas on how to not turn to food when I feel like my life is completely falling apart?

I had to stop drinking to get my night eating under control. You know alcohol lowers inhibitions, right? It causes poor judgement. It also seems to cause a desire for fatty foods to absorb the alcohol. Our bodies are smart!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Last night was day 7 of not eating past 8:00!! And today is day 7 of no soda...Yay!
  • gmukris
    Options
    Last night was day 7 of not eating past 8:00!! And today is day 7 of no soda...Yay!

Greak job!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Tonight is night 9 for me!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Greak job!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Tonight is night 9 for me!

Congrats to both of you and to all of you not giving up!
    Yesterday was a good day for me, but I got in after 9p.m. (although I was coming from aerobics) and was hungry as I got home. So not sure whether that should count as a bad day, but I'll try to make today my day 1. Things are going pretty good at my end, I seem to have dropped the (fake, maybe) weight that I gained by cheating last week.
    Hang on in there, people - we're on our way to two digit numbers!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning-
  • TheBull50
    Options
    I would like to join. I usually teach Tae Kwon Do until 9 or so then get home from the gym around 11. So I allow that into my schedule. I would like to keep track of that so I guess I am on 1 day right?
  • zaza54
    Options
    Sorry about that. Last night was 5 nights in a row of no late night snacking!:happy: I was hungry and tempted, but this thread did the trick.
    Great job gmukris and NewMK08 (can't believe you're giving up soda too - that is hard, but a great decision):flowerforyou:
    We can all do this - I feel very optimistic. Got to run to the gym. Have a great day all. Be careful with the calories tonight - it's the week-end.
    Zaza
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I still have yet to pass day one but like i keep saying this challenge has helped me to snack as much as i usually would so maybe the benifet will be seen on monday when i hit the scale. Happy Weekend:smile: