No more late night snacks challenge

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    I am joining this challenge. Two nights in a row I ate 1000 calories OV ER my allotted calories right before I went to bed. I'm having a stress week.....:ohwell:
    argh.
    Wish me luck .
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck .

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

TheBull50, welcome! You've come such a long way! Congrats!

As for me, reseting the counter to 0 today. I'm pretty happy about my cals. But for me, is all or nothing - once I put anything into my mouth, it's more than just that. Still, I agree with kirstina - this thread keeps me more accountable.

So, here I go again... :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options

Wish me luck .

Good luck to you

Thanks, dewpearl. At least I did my Zumba to the tune of 600 calories today. A bit of frustrated energy I think. :tongue:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYAY i made it to day one.:noway: So here is to the next day!
  • dewpearl
    Options

Well done! happy-smiley-541.gif Now I have to watch out not to be left behind - you people are now way ahead of me! :embarassed:
    Way to go! You've done it! music-smiley-7524.gif
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

AWESOME JOB!!!!!! That first night is the absolute hardest!!

I have gotten back to completing 2 nights of no snacking!!!!! I even went to a school function for my oldest last night an I wasn't even tempted!! Of course that was because I was busy bidding in the silent auction. LOL
    Spent $105 but got a couple of x-mas presents, a road side emergency kit for me and a library bag for the family to use on our regular library trips!!

It was worth the $105 just to succeed another night. It makes me feel so good when I am able to resist temptation.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    To make things even worse, I skipped the gym today and went to the bar for 4 drinks... at least I was drinking Windsor Diets, but it is kind of stupid to even drink diet pop when I binge hard.

Anyone have any ideas on how to not turn to food when I feel like my life is completely falling apart?

I had to stop drinking to get my night eating under control. You know alcohol lowers inhibitions, right? It causes poor judgement. It also seems to cause a desire for fatty foods to absorb the alcohol. Our bodies are smart!

I never thought of it that way before. I know tonight I am going to have a couple drinks with an old friend when she comes to town, I will watch myself and the fatty food.... My friend can help me too. Moral support and all.

I think I am going to keep my drinking down as well. That makes me think of putting a new challenge out there for those MFPers that like their drinks..... Hmmmm... I think I WILL start one.

Thanks for being so blunt and informative.

Wanda

PS I ALSO WISH YOU LUCK!!!! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD CHALLENGE, HARD, BUT GOOD:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    6 nights of no late night snacking! (I did use my later week-end cut-off time and I had saved my calories for the later than usual dinner). My friends noticed last night that I had lost some weight. :happy:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That is great Zaza. It is so wonderful when other people notice at least for me. It makes me feel great and I just want to keep losing so they will keep noticing. 6 nights of no late night snacking good job. Last night was night 5 for me of no late night snacking. I have been doing really good so far.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Wow, ladies, way to go! You're so good at it!
    I need a piece of advice. I went out tonight. My cut off is 9 p.m., but I ordered a glass of wine at 8:30. So I knew I could not drink it by 9 and could've ordered tea instead, but I still went for the wine. So no food after 9, but still. Then the next drink was a tea (yummy, fruit tea, that was good). What would you honestly do? Count this like day 1 or not? Ah, and I'm under my calories by about 200, since I've worked out today :wink: Well, I could reset the counter, but this starts to annoy me. Well, Kristine was doing it until she managed to stop eating completely, so yeah. To sum up: what would you do?... :glasses:
  • zaza54
    Options
    dewpearl, I have a later cut off for special occasions. If I'm eating later, I save the calories for later and then I don't snack when I get home.
    For me, the point of not snacking late is to avoid excessive calories, i.e. going beyond my allowed 1200 calories. Hope that perspective helps. You have to be realistic. So, I don't think you should go back to 0 unless you snack later tonight.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Dewpearl,
    I agree with Zaza. I think your glass of wine was ok and shouldn't set you back to day one. :drinker: You were very close to your cut off time. It wasn't a lot of calories and you were under for the day. Plus your next drink was tea. I think fudging the time by a few minutes isn't a big deal unless you gorge yourself or something like that.

For me, tonight will be night 4. I am so excited. Last night I went out and had drinks and sushi, but I was even home by 10:00pm. I am so proud that I was able to resist. The sushi added up to 180 calories, the drinks.... well they added up to a few more than the sushi, but I still stayed within my caloric intake for the day.
    Then as soon as I got home the baby woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed so I was up until 4am with him. Then up again at 6:30 for the rest of the family..... I swear I haven't slept in three years. LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zaza54
    Options
    I'm up to 7 nights again of no late night snacking! I am feeling very encouraged. We can do this!!!
  • dewpearl
    Options
    OK, thanks for your support. I did not put anything into my mouth after coming home last night. Will try to make it up today by setting the cut off at, say, 8 p.m. :smile:

So I'm up for the 2nd day :smile:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Day 2 successfully completed. When it gets hard, I remember Kristine "this is too hard, I'm going to bed" :happy: . It's nice to know I'm not alone struggling. So... up for day 3 :drinker:
  • TheBull50
    Options
    up to 4 days now . . . it is def a struggle to not go to the fridge and pick something up just before bed. . . hang in there everyone. Great work as well :-)
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Tonight is day 13 for me! :drinker:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Way to go gmukris! Keep up the great work.
    Last night was 8 nights in a row for me. I am confident tonight will be 9!
    Zaza
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Last night was day 7 for me. YEAH:happy: 1 week so far.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im in! One of the best things I ever did was not allow myself to eat after 730.... haven't been doing that so much lately... Im in!