MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Hello, I'm new the website and to the concept, but liked this one best. Hope it's not too intrusive of me to join in.
    My one week goal is to:
    excercise (and try not to eat my excercise calories)
    stay in my calorie goal

Thank you!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new the website and to the concept, but liked this one best. Hope it's not too intrusive of me to join in.
    My one week goal is to:
    stay in my calorie goal

Thank you!
    Welcome! Also to others that have joined up recently, everyone is welcome here:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My one week goal is to:
    stay in my calorie goal

Thank you!
    Welcome! Also to others that have joined up recently, everyone is welcome here:flowerforyou: :heart:

Aww! See what I mean...it IS like a big hug in here! I told you so Ittee!!!!
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am day 4 of meeting all goals, return back to work after a week off, so will have to really focus on finding the will and time for my exercise goal. I had a thorn/rose moment at the gym yesterday. I go to the body sculpt hour at 24 hours, been going to the same class since February. Missed a few weeks and got there after all the slots had been filled. We used to be able to attend the class and follow along with hand weights....I was turned away at the door.....and I tell you I lost all motivation and could have just walked o-u-t...out! But, I recovered and landed on an elliptical, put in 30 minutes and then finished with weight machines which I usually avoid because I'm not very familiar with them. The rose moment is I still broke a sweat and finished my goal hour of exercise for the day....yes, there was a glass of red wine last night in celebration.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am day 4 of meeting all goals, return back to work after a week off, so will have to really focus on finding the will and time for my exercise goal. I had a thorn/rose moment at the gym yesterday. I go to the body sculpt hour at 24 hours, been going to the same class since February. Missed a few weeks and got there after all the slots had been filled. We used to be able to attend the class and follow along with hand weights....I was turned away at the door.....and I tell you I lost all motivation and could have just walked o-u-t...out! But, I recovered and landed on an elliptical, put in 30 minutes and then finished with weight machines which I usually avoid because I'm not very familiar with them. The rose moment is I still broke a sweat and finished my goal hour of exercise for the day....yes, there was a glass of red wine last night in celebration.

Good for you!!!! Didn't that make you feel like you were in control and making wise choices. Shows that setting weekly goals makes it easier for them to become habit - Congrats!!

Welcome to our new members...we are very happy to expand this group and wish you much success :drinker:

Goals for me: Still on camping vacation until Saturday. Currently in Minneapolis for a couple of days. Can't wait to go to the Red Sox/Twins game tomorrow night !! Anyway:
    1. Watch food choices and stay as close as possible to calorie limit.
    2. Get some kind of exercise in, tough when we have long days driving, but I'll do my best.

Hope everyone has another good week! Have a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Feel the love ladies! Man I missed this thread.
    My one week goal is to:
    stay in my calorie goal

Thank you!

Aww! See what I mean...it IS like a big hug in here! I told you so Ittee!!!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all really quick check in. Still on vacation. But I wanted to say hi to all the new people and welcome back to the returning people :)

I'll post goals when I get back home tomorrow.

HUGGS!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    :yawn: Sunday check in before heading to bed.

Good on my water
    Good food day/log day.
    Back to workouts tomorrow

Hope you all have had a relaxing weekend, getting whatever you needed done.:wink::drinker:
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Sunday night check in:
    1) logged everything!
    2) checkin' in right now
    3) better choice for today: really wanted the pasta that step-mom ordered for dinner, but I ate something healthy first, and then after about 20 minutes, I had a SMALL portion so I could taste it without going overboard and managed to stay under calories!
    4) sodium only 27 mg over goal! very excited about that one

So that's it for week 2! Hope everyone's Monday goes well, wherever it may take you. To all the back to school folks--Happy first day!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Yesterday I logged in everything, excercised a little, and ate just a tiny bit of my burned off calories late. I could have really excercised instead of just tread in the pool if I wanted to, and if I would've gone to bed at a better hour I wouldn't have been hungry late and stayed to my non-excercised calories. But, all but two goals accomplished.

My concern is: I keep getting the warning of starvation when I don't eat my excercised calories. Should I be concerned?
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I logged in everything, excercised a little, and ate just a tiny bit of my burned off calories late. I could have really excercised instead of just tread in the pool if I wanted to, and if I would've gone to bed at a better hour I wouldn't have been hungry late and stayed to my non-excercised calories. But, all but two goals accomplished.

My concern is: I keep getting the warning of starvation when I don't eat my excercised calories. Should I be concerned?

I would be if it was a regular thing. You want to make sure your net calories are close to the goal and at least 1200ish. You don't want to do damage to your metabolism. There aree some great pointers on the intro thread you should read about this. :)

Good job on your goals!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I skipped work today to go to the doctor in Philly, which is about an hour away (with no traffic).

I logged all my food yesterday and today.
    I went to the gym this morning before I went to Philly. (2 of the 3 for this week)
    I drank all my water today, but I don' t think so yesterday.
  • Ittee
    Options
    thanks ladygloria
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) logged everything!
    2) checkin in!
    3) better choice of the day: measured everything on my salad with dinner and left off the croutons so that I could stay UNDER on sodium!
    4) did you see that...UNDER ON SODIUM!! Woo Hoo!!!

For a Monday that was full of unexpected (not necessarily good) surprises, food was the one good thing that actually worked today. Just goes to show that a great, supportive group like the one we have here can make a fantastic difference in an otherwise stressful day. Have a great night everyone!
  • laureneva15
    Options
    Hey guys I'm just curious do we set our own goals or do we get told what goals to strive for?
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My one week goal is to:
    stay in my calorie goal

Thank you!
    Glad you are on board! This is such a nice group of people:heart:

My goals this week are:
    Stay under calories
    Log food every day
    Exercise at least 4 times

Hugs to all!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) logged everything!
    2) checkin in!
    3) better choice of the day: measured everything on my salad with dinner and left off the croutons so that I could stay UNDER on sodium!
    4) did you see that...UNDER ON SODIUM!! Woo Hoo!!!
  • Ittee
    Options
    philosohoe, great job on under in sodium!

My check in:
    login everything
    stay in goal
    I didn't excercise today

With staying in calorie goal, it's hard because I'm finding I'm forcing myself to eat to reach the level of calories that I'm supposed to. Everything I want to eat is too unhealthy, and I'm not seeing a lot that I want that I should eat instead.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm just curious do we set our own goals or do we get told what goals to strive for?

Hello laureneva!

You set the goals you would like to work on. Start small and work on a couple things. When I started doing the mini goals challange I had two mini goals. Now I try for 3 sometimes 4. I like doing just a couple because it allows me too focus on a few small changes and work on those things until I feel like they are part of my daily routine. Then I might try a new one.

Good luck picking your goals :flowerforyou:

Speaking of goals. Here are mine (going to set my week for Tuesday through Saturday)
    1. Week 9 P90X
    2. 3 nonP90X workouts
    3. daily check in's

Got back from vacation today. Time to get back into the swing of things. Feel like it's going to be to be tough to come back. But I need to it. Need to show myself I can do this.
    Everyone keep up all the hard work. And keep up all the great support. You all are the BEST!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Monday check in:

Great water day!
    Food diary? What food diary!?:blushing: :laugh: Yea OK, so I ate a few things I might have otherwise changed my mind on had I thought it through. It happens..
    Had a great workout day though!:love:

Hope you all had a great start to the new week!:flowerforyou: