MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• laureneva15
    Options
    Mmmk so I'm setting myself 3 goals to start off with... and these are going to tie into my

1) drink two liters of water a day - tuesday check
    2) workout at least 300 Calories every second day - tuesday check
    3) have the recommended 2 fruit, 5 veg serve every day - tuesday check
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:

Great water day!
    Food diary? What food diary!?:blushing: :laugh: Yea OK, so I ate a few things I might have otherwise changed my mind on had I thought it through. It happens..
    Had a great workout day though!:love:

Hope you all had a great start to the new week!:flowerforyou:

It does happen, but it’s ok, we are only human and we have days like that. You should see my diarty from yesterday... WHOA! I like to think we are not going to live our lives never eating foods like pizza, or McDonalds or chocolate ever again. Key is to keep on keeping on, and you my friend are doing a great job of keeping on!
    Mmmk so I'm setting myself 3 goals to start off with... and these are going to tie into my

Great goals!! And way to achieve them today! Keep it up!

Tuesday Check in:
    1. Week 9 P90X – DONE. And I’m feeling my vacation weekend afterwards. But it’s ok. The vacation was well worth it!
    2. 3 nonP90X workouts – did some extra ab work, so 1 of 3 done!
    3. Daily check in's – I’m here. I also checked in with the other boards I post on.

YAY for me I’m 3 for 3. Hehehe!

Tonight the husband and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary. Can’t promise I will be great. BUT I know I will be better than I would have been last year. And that really is what I’m most proud of. Since my last anniversary (and 51 pounds ago) I would head out to an anniversary dinner and gone hog wild. This year, I’m going to eat (don’t you worry about that). But better choices will be made, smaller portions will be eaten, and I will be full and not overstuffed.

Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday. Keep on reaching for your mini goals I know you all can do this.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Tuesday (I think I missed Monday, but being on vacation all the days run together). Today I did well, but in a kind of stupid way. Got up late and grabbed a 100-cal. yogurt before we went out to do some sightseeing. We spent the day at Como Park in St. Paul, MN. Any of you from MN? I have to say that this state has the NICEST people I have ever met!! Anyway, didn't plan well and didn't want to eat the food from the cafe at the zoo so just didn't eat anything. Did a TON of walking as they also have a beautiful conservatory and outdoor gardens, but by the time we got back to the campground I was starving and ate 3 pieces of pizza :( I can't remember the last time I did that!! I'm still under on my calories, but I don't think it was the most beneficial way to eat.

Met my exercise goal, which felt great. Back in the truck for another 400 miles tomorrow. Getting home on Saturday will make life a little easier for the eating and exercise, but it has been a great vacation!

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Meg!!! Enjoy your dinner out.

Have a wonderful evening everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options

Great goals!! And way to achieve them today! Keep it up!

Tuesday Check in:
    1. Week 9 P90X – DONE. And I’m feeling my vacation weekend afterwards. But it’s ok. The vacation was well worth it!
    2. 3 nonP90X workouts – did some extra ab work, so 1 of 3 done!
    3. Daily check in's – I’m here. I also checked in with the other boards I post on.

YAY for me I’m 3 for 3. Hehehe!

Tonight the husband and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary. Can’t promise I will be great. BUT I know I will be better than I would have been last year. And that really is what I’m most proud of. Since my last anniversary (and 51 pounds ago) I would head out to an anniversary dinner and gone hog wild. This year, I’m going to eat (don’t you worry about that). But better choices will be made, smaller portions will be eaten, and I will be full and not overstuffed.

Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday. Keep on reaching for your mini goals I know you all can do this.

Wow, what awesome goals. P90X is pretty extreme too. And awesome outlook on your anniversary dinner!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Mak!

New goals:
    1. Get back to the exercise regime. One week of illness plus a week of vacation didn't do me any favors.
    2. Stay under sodium everyday this week.
    3. Try something new-exercise, food,etc to keep the spice going in this lifestyle change.

Dd a good job with the first two goals and tried a new omelette yesterday. So far, so good.
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: checking in, tomorrow the week is up. I made my goal of tracking food each day and stayed reasonably close to calorie goals. I also made each day of exercise, had a reduced work out one day because of a late practice for my son....still a win. Looking to add another goal for this week, thanks for the supportive room to read and keep me motivated!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Ladygloria, great goal on sodium, it seems that that is a tough one for me.

My check in: I logged in everything, and I excercised, and I stayed in my calorie goal. Yay!!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday night check in!

1) logged everything, including exercise and came in close to goal--just a wee bit under
    2) checkin in! I really like taking a minute at the end of the day to catch up on everyone's news and progress. It helps me relax and feel okay with whatever stage of the process that I happen to be in at the moment-good days and bad days.
    3) better choice for the day--planned out exactly what I was going to order BEFORE going to dinner and actually stuck to the plan in order to stay within goals
    4) Under on sodium for the 2nd day in a row! Totally stoked about this.

MAK--Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoyed every moment and every bite :)

Ittee--Thanks for the swim & the love!

danlyn--hang in there with the vacation food! Mostly, enjoy the rest of your trip!

Goodnight everyone!
    Jenn
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    1. Week 9 P90X - got day 2 of week 9 done this morning.
    2. 3 nonP90X workouts - no extra work out today. I'll try for tomorrow.
    3. daily check in's - hi all!!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my anniversary. We had a wonderful evening. Very yummy dinner!

Keep reaching for those mini goals everyone! We CAN do this!!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Lttee-you're welcome and thanks.

Philosohoe-congrats on the sodium and sticking to your orders.

Vaus, way to go on meeting your goals.

Mak, I'm super impressed you're sticking with p90. I ordered weights today for chalean extreme and also picked up turbo fire. May start the hybrid earlier due to weight loss slow down.

New goals:
    1. Get back to the exercise regime. One week of illness plus a week of vacation didn't do me any favors. -stationary bike today.
    2. Stay under sodium everyday this week. -done!
    3. Try something new-exercise, food,etc to keep the spice going in this lifestyle change. -tried sautéed spinach tonight. Go me.
  • Ittee
    Options
    Great job on sodium and get back into excercise Ladygloria.

My check in:
    I've logged in everything, and still resent having to eat my excercise calories. I think if I'm little (short, not thin) I truly shouldn't have to (after all, calories only go down to 1200 anyhow.)
    I did excercise, while not much, but playing in a pool with my kiddos is counting today.
    And I am staying in my calorie goal, despite having two completely hormonally driven snacks. Heck, I had to have a snack after swimming just to stay in my goal (perhaps I should see a dietician and really see if I need to consume everytime I excercise).
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday night check in!

1) Logged everything--at least as well as possible. We ate at a little tiny local Thai place, so it was a little tricky trying to find equivalents that looked about right.
    2) Checking in! It's good to catch up and see everyone making cool goals and staying on track!
    3) Better choice for the day--shared an entree with bf for dinner instead of order too much for myself (actually did that yesterday too, so I don't know if that really counts.)
    4) Sodium was less than 200 over today. The crazy thing is that I had almost no sodium throughout the day (because I never got around to having a real lunch probably), but Cashew Chicken with Snow Peas...1838mg of sodium!!! Crazy Crazy Crazy. I will have to figure out an at home lower sodium alternative, cuz that just ain't gonna cut it in my lifestyle rehabilitation program. Frown.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Nighty-night!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:

Great water day!
    Food diary? What food diary!?:blushing: :laugh: Yea OK, so I ate a few things I might have otherwise changed my mind on had I thought it through. It happens..
    Had a great workout day though!:love:

Hope you all had a great start to the new week!:flowerforyou:

It does happen, but it’s ok, we are only human and we have days like that. You should see my diarty from yesterday... WHOA! I like to think we are not going to live our lives never eating foods like pizza, or McDonalds or chocolate ever again. Key is to keep on keeping on, and you my friend are doing a great job of keeping on!

Awww MAK...you're so supportive and such a Sweetheart! I feel like you just gave me a hug of kindness! I figure in the past when my day didn't go as planned food wise I didn't get up and get back on track but being on MFP has changed that. I never think about going on a week bender or months or years like might have resulted in the past. It's the support that truly helps and the mind set of course. xo

Tue & Wed Check in:

Water on both days - good
    Food on both days - not at all as planned or what I would normally put in my mouth...but it is what it is and I know better and that's a big thing to me, to have learned that food that isn't the healthiest isn't what I want my body running on anymore. That is huge progress in my mind. I can be such a perfectionist toward myself and often times that blows it for me.

So today is a brand new day full of all sorts of wonderful new adventures, food is planned out and I feel it will be a great day.

My body runs better on good clean fuel vs. cheap crappy fuel, just like our cars, my body can tell, boy can it ever tell right off the bat. I love that now I learn something from my less than perfect food days where as before I would simply beat myself up and have a another wild one.

Looking forward to checking in tonight and see how all my wonderful new friends are doing! <3's
    Have a fantastic day All, I feel so good to be a part of this group, you bring such a bright spot to my days, thank you all for that!!

Hearts♥Desire xo
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Thursday Goals:

Get my water in
    Keep control of my food diary and eat as I've planned
    Check back in with you all tonight.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Awww MAK...you're so supportive and such a Sweetheart! I feel like you just gave me a hug of kindness! I figure in the past when my day didn't go as planned food wise I didn't get up and get back on track but being on MFP has changed that. I never think about going on a week bender or months or years like might have resulted in the past. It's the support that truly helps and the mind set of course. xo

I know exactly what you mean!! I've made less then optimal food decision here of there, but I find myself, picking myself up, drinking some more water and working the choice into my day. I would have NEVER done that before. I would continue to make bad decisions for the rest of the day. For example my anniversary dinner. I knew it was going to be a dinner I wouldn't want to skimp on. So I made sure breakfast and lunch were smaller meals, and I ate fewer snacks. MFP has made me think a little more about what I eat. And the support here is wonderful, I really truly wouldn't have made it this far with out my MFP peeps :)
  • Ittee
    Options
    So today is a brand new day full of all sorts of wonderful new adventures, food is planned out and I feel it will be a great day.

Hearts♥Desire xo

What a fantastic attitude and the start to a wonderful day!! I do much better if I plan my day, and have less to be worried about thoughout the day.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Checking in on Thursday: Not a bad day for food choices, but a 9-hour day driving so not a lot of exercise. Kind of looking forward to getting home and getting back into my usual routine. I'm with you Meg and Hearts Desire, I ate spice drops yesterday and have felt crappy since. Don't think I'll want those for awhile. My body also runs better on healthy, portioned foods and I FINALLY understand that thanks to MFP and my good friends here. Thanks all!! Have a good evening and happy losing!!!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Check in:
    1. Get back to the exercise regime. One week of illness plus a week of vacation didn't do me any favors. - zumba class tonight. So fun!
    2. Stay under sodium everyday this week. -done
    3. Try something new-exercise, food,etc to keep the spice going in this lifestyle change. -not today, but twice so far this week.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    What a fantastic attitude and the start to a wonderful day!! I do much better if I plan my day, and have less to be worried about thoughout the day.

I usually plan a week at a time, but planning a day ahead might be a great a idea. It would save me time in the monring packing my lunch. I see a new mini goal to work on!
    Checking in on Thursday: Not a bad day for food choices, but a 9-hour day driving so not a lot of exercise. Kind of looking forward to getting home and getting back into my usual routine. I'm with you Meg and Hearts Desire, I ate spice drops yesterday and have felt crappy since. Don't think I'll want those for awhile. My body also runs better on healthy, portioned foods and I FINALLY understand that thanks to MFP and my good friends here. Thanks all!! Have a good evening and happy losing!!!

I have to ask, what are spice drops... sounds interesting! Hope you have a wonderful evening as well!
    Check in:
    1. Get back to the exercise regime. One week of illness plus a week of vacation didn't do me any favors. - zumba class tonight. So fun!
    2. Stay under sodium everyday this week. -done
    3. Try something new-exercise, food,etc to keep the spice going in this lifestyle change. -not today, but twice so far this week.

I love your goal #3 what a great idea!! Have fun at Zumba!

Thursday check in:
    1. Week 9 P90X - got day 3 of week 9 done this morning, another arm workout now I really have noodles for arms!
    2. 3 nonP90X workouts - 2 for 3 - got in 50 extra squats plus took the dog for a walk/run... a wun? LOL!
    3. daily check in's - hi all!! I have checked in on all my boards. Now I'm going to log off and hang out with my doggie and my parents doggie. I'm puppy sitting for my mom and dad tonight. YAY for puppy time :)

I have my weigh in tomorrow I feel like I have done well this week, even with 3 days on vacation. Have a great night and keep up all the hard work!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Thursday Goals:

Get my water in
    Keep control of my food diary and eat as I've planned
    Check back in with you all tonight.
    Checking in for Thursday:

Not bad on the water
    Not good on the food though I did just eat a salad and it felt great to be eating healthy food that I know is good for my body.
    No workout today

I think overall Today was far better than yesterday, today though didn't eat everything healthy I didn't feel quite as out of control.
    So here's looking for a good Friday to end the week. I think the Salad helped me to get started on a good Friday as it was really tasty and I think I'd forgotten how much better I feel with veggies in me. :o)

**Goals for Friday:

eat healthy
    track it on my food diary
    get in a nice workout
    get in plenty of water
    quit beating myself up for not doing everything perfect...

Have a wonderful Friday my Friends! xo