Replies

• philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Monday night check-in!

1) logged everything!
    2) checking in!
    3) did 15 minutes on the elliptical!
    4) sodium WAY over, not even close to staying w/in 300 of goal--tomorrow should be better

Hope everyone had a good start for the new week!
    Jenn
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ladygloria - LOL! I gotta keep logging so I can keep up with you!!!! Nice job with the exercise today. VACATION here you come!!!
    Oma - Great to see you back! Sounds like you are back with a vengance. Great goals I know you are going to rock em this week.
    mrogers - Great goals! Good luck gonig back to work :)
    Kris - need a butt kickin I'm here for you!!! Time to get movin and groovin - Drop and gimme 10! :)
    njbooklover - Awesome job! Great goals. Good luck catching up with your classes.
    wanderinglight - I don't think a new string was started so we have been keeping this one going. Good luck on your vacation, sounds like your planning ahead already and are going to do great on vacation! Have a wonderful time!!
    Jenn - Good job today with logging in, checking in, and moving and groovin. Sounds like you did great. Soduim is a tough one... I've been fighting that one since the beginning. But I know you can do it!

Monday check in:
    1. Daily check in. Stop in an see how everyone is doing. - I'm here!! And seems like everyone is doing pretty well today!
    2. Week 8 of P90x - Do it all no skipping - Yoga done today! I usually skip Yoga.. it's an hour and a half and it's hard to work into my morning routine... but I stopped making excuses and got it done. YAY for me :)
    3. 3 non-p90x work outs - Didn't get one in today, and tomorow isn't looking good either, I'm going to a concert!! So SO SO excited! Wednesday for sure.

Went a little nuts with dinner... Chiptole, so yummy, but not so great calories and sodium wise. Got home late from work, had to run a few errands, and we didn't want to cook. Please read all of this as ... excuse excuse excuse. I WILL do better tomorrow.

Keep up all the great work everyone!!! We CAN do this. Have a great evening. Time for me to log off and spend some time with the puppy. YAY for cuddeling with a dog :)
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    Goals for week 8/1/11thru 8/8/11 Fresh start.

1. Log progress everyday
    2. Decrease fat intake by 20%
    3. Drink 64oz. water everyday
    4. Take a brisk 30 minute walk 5/7 days
    5. Increase daily ab crunches to 6 reps of 25
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey, does anyone know how to put an exercise ticket on here? It says we can't use them from other sites, but I don't see them anywhere on here.

I don't really want to create one from scratch. I don't have a lot of pictures to use. It looks like some I have seen are from a site I looked at earlier today.
    I just put up a couple tonight. TickerFactory.com & Slimlily.com are the two I used, you can see them below in my signature line.

If you go to either website (and I'm sure there are others) you'll see exactly how to set up the type you're looking for and it gives all the steps how to copy it. Once you've copied it come back over to the message board page and just above you'll see "Signature" click that and you can add the code.

If you use Slimlily.com go ahead and click on the Forum one and then it'll give you the proper code.

Any questions feel free to ask, I only just set up my for the first time tonight and got through it pretty easily. When you need to adjust your ticker(s) you simply go back to the site and sign in.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    Currently I have up the same goals as last week and did good today keeping them up.

Going to give it some thought and perhaps makes some changes to them as some are not giving me problems anymore, thanks to this challenge!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    "People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine."

- Brian Tracy

Miss Dee,

So, I guess you have the right idea with writing the goals for our weeks!!! Mine for this week is to just make sure I get some exercise and Monday I did by walking around the Black Hills in South Dakota - Custer State park and checking out Crazy Horse Memorial. It is absolutely amazing out here, much different from the East Coast. Hope to see you back on here very soon, Miss Dee. I'm thinking about you and sending positive thoughts :heart:

Happy losing everyone!! I hope you all have a GREAT day!
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    Ok,
    Goals.
    1. Log in everyday check day 2
    2. Decrease fat intake by 20% no go, was actually over today :cry:
    3. Drink 64oz. water check day 2
    4. Brisk 30 minute walk. no go, walked 30 minutes but at a leisure pace
    5. Daily ab crunches check day 2

3 out of 5 not too bad I guess, need to do better tomorrow
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Last check in for a few days. I'm good on sodium so far, bad on calories today though. Made packing list for snacking and purchases when we arrive. Keep working on those goals everyone. Mak, I'll keep up even if I have to log everything on my cell sans wifi. :-)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Tues. night check in:

Pretty good on the water drinking
    Not so great on the logging today, I'll finish filling it out in the a.m.
    Pretty decent workout today.

Checking in with you all to see how everyone is doing:flowerforyou:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hey all! Went to a concert tonight so I'm just getting home and I'm TIRED. So just a quick check in tonight. But I did read all your posts and it sounds like everyone is workin really hard at there goals. Keep at it. We ALL can do this!!

Tuesday check in:
    1. Daily check in. Day 2 check in - check :)
    2. Week 8 of P90x - swapped core synergists for cardio x. Not enough time to get in the full hour work out today. So I did the Wednesday video today and tomorrow I'll do the Tuesday video.
    3. 3 non-p90x work outs - does dancing around at a concert count? How bout screaming at te top of your lungs til you lose your voice? Not so much ... there's always tomorrow :)

HUGGS to you all!! Couldn't do this without all the support. You are a fablous group. HUGGS!!

Night all!!!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished my food journal for Tuesday this morning. I almost didn't bother, since I knew I went over after dinner and my snack. This week I am really hungry with the munchies, probably something to do with working out for 2 hours on Monday - and with stress.

Not sure if I am going to the gym today or not. I should really go home and study. I think I am trying to use the gym as a way to procrastinate. Who would have thought I would use that avenue? LOL

I got most of my water in yesterday, if not all.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

It's so cool to here about everyone's vacations and planning. I didn't manage to log in last night before bed, so I wanted to do a quick check in before work.

Tuesday goals:
    1) logged everything!
    2) didn't quite make my group check in before bedtime
    3) packed my lunch so I didn't buy a fast food lunch!
    4) sodium only went over by 155--much better than Monday's +900!

MAK-- Thanks for keeping the fire burning!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Jenn
  • danlyn
    Options
    Hi All!
    Tuesday check-in:
    Did get my exercise in checking out the Badlands of SD! Eating went fine, so hopefully I'm on track - not easy when on vacation :)

Happy losing everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi All!
    Tuesday check-in:
    Did get my exercise in checking out the Badlands of SD! Eating went fine, so hopefully I'm on track - not easy when on vacation :)

Continue to have a wonderful vacation, sounds like you're hitting all sorts of great places! You also sounds to be doing pretty darn good considering like you shared, you're on vacation, that always makes it harder because pre-planning is sometimes next to impossible. Plus a person is out of their element and their every day routine, course that's why we call it a Vacation, right?:tongue::laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

It's so cool to here about everyone's vacations and planning. I didn't manage to log in last night before bed, so I wanted to do a quick check in before work.

Tuesday goals:
    1) logged everything!
    2) didn't quite make my group check in before bedtime
    3) packed my lunch so I didn't buy a fast food lunch!
    4) sodium only went over by 155--much better than Monday's +900!

MAK-- Thanks for keeping the fire burning!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Jenn
    Great work Jenn :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hope Dee is okay. In the meantime, here are my goals this week. I'm going on vacation Wednesday through Sunday, so I'm modifying my goals to fit.

1. Watch the sodium intake. Staying in a hotel, we have no choice but to eat out everyday. This may be hard.
    2. Drink lots of water. Normally this isn't a problem, but on vacation I'll need to be extra viligent due to sodium intake and a small hotel fridge.
    3. Pack and use as many healthy snacks as possible.
    4. Swim in the hotel pool or ocean everyday, especially since I'm not taking any exercise DVDs or equipment with me.
    5. Keep logging. Gotta keep up with mak. ;-p
    Vacations can be rough but sounds like you've created some super goals, even if you end up drinking more water than you did the day before that's a major victory on vacation or anytime away from home. :drinker:

Enjoy yourself!:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Thinking of you all and wishing you nothing but the best in your goals this week, or to break it down, your daily goals! If I concentrate on daily I realize I can make it through one more day with my goals. Hey whatever we need to do to get these goals cemented into practice, right? :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • danlyn
    Options
    Hi All!
    Tuesday check-in:

Continue to have a wonderful vacation, sounds like you're hitting all sorts of great places! You also sounds to be doing pretty darn good considering like you shared, you're on vacation, that always makes it harder because pre-planning is sometimes next to impossible. Plus a person is out of their element and their every day routine, course that's why we call it a Vacation, right?:tongue::laugh:
    Thanks! I am having a great vacation. Today was the first day I've eaten anything but my own food and I think that lunch was all I can have for the day!! It's amazing how many calories are in restaurant food :( Anyway, I appreciate your kind words. I hope your day went well :)
  • danlyn
    Options
    Wednesday check-in :

Went out for the day sightseeing and did eat lunch at a restaurant! That probably was all the calories I could have for the day, so I guess I'm done eating :( I'm actually not hungry, so that's a good thing. Still walked around a lot, so at least I got my exercise in. I do need to drink a lot more water before I go to bed. I hope everybody had a great day and I'll check in with you tomorrow
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Stephanie - Way to log even though you knew you had gone over. Keep up the tracking you are doing great!
    Jenn - Great job on your goals! 500 over for sodium is great. I knew you could do it. Keep you all the hard work.
    Danlyn - Glad to hear the vacation is going well. Keep up the hard work, I know it's tough when your not at home. But you are doing great!
    HeartsDesire - I totally agree! The more you work and focus on mini goals the quicker they will turn into part of your daily routine.

Wednesday check in:
    1. Daily check in. Stop in an see how everyone is doing. - 3rd day in a row. Woot Woot!!
    2. Week 8 of P90x - Today was core synergistics. One of my favorites. I always feel awesome after I do that workout.
    3. 3 non-p90x work outs - Ok I know I said I would get an extra workout in today. But after we went shopping and out for dinner. I need to go for the dreaded bathing suit shopping. And it wasn't as horrible and gut wrenching as usual. Pretty excited about that. Then went and had sushi for dinner. Even though I didn't get an extra workout in, it was a still a great day.