MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Just checking in to say, "Happy losing today everyone!" We're off to the next campground in Indiana. I'll check in if they have WiFi. Have a good one!
  • qofspades
    qofspades Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    okay, so I didn't wake up this morning for my a.m. jog.

I'm going to make up for that when I get off.

I did make up for the 20 minutes I missed yesterday morning.

Le' go.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Just checking in to say, "Happy losing today everyone!" We're off to the next campground in Indiana. I'll check in if they have WiFi. Have a good one!
    Thanks danlyn, safe travels! You have a great day as well Hon:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Le' go.
    There ya go! That's dedication qofspades!:drinker:
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    TOTALY FORGOT TO CHECK IN FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS

SUNDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, ATE AT HOME, AND WENT TO SLEEP ON TIME
    MONDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, ATE AT HOME, BUT DIDNT GET TO GO TO BED ON TIME
    TUESDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, I WENT TO BED ON TIME, BUT I FORGOT MY LUNCH AT HOME AND I ENDED UP HAVING A CHICKEN SANDWHICH(I FELT SO CRAPY AFTER)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    UGH...right out of the gate I messed up. I started eating after 8pm and then it was like I couldn't stop. I think I let myself get too hungry during the day. Then I was too embarrassed to log. Messing up one goal had a trickle-down effect to the rest and now I feel like crap today and very angry at myself. I'm also realizing that because I get home at 7:30 or 8pm that I'm actually eating three meals a day at my desk! Yuck. Regardless, I'm starting my week over and am going to take it day by day. A6nd I'll eat dinner at my desk at 6:30 before leaving so that I don't arrive home ravenous at 8pm.

From yesterday:
    1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- nope
    2. LOG EVERYTHING -- nope, didn't do this either
    3. WALK FOR AN HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY -- will strive to do this today
    4. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH ONE MEAL PER DAY -- will strive to do this today

I need a do-over!

I totally feel your pain about after work starvation! I don't usually get home til almost 7 or 7:30, and by the time we figure out something to have for dinner, then fix it, it's almost 9:00 by the time I finish, and then I'm supposed to go to bed by 10 or 10:30. Ridiculous. So my dietitian told me that I should be using one of my two daily protein shakes as a meal replacement. I think I'm going to use one of those for my late night dinner days. Big hugs & hang in there. Tomorrow is your opportunity to have your "do-over day" :)

Tuesday check in:
    1) logged everything--check! (I even messed around with the food diary and made it more specific to my schedule. Didn't know I could do that.)
    2) Check in with the group--check! *It is so cool to read/scan everyone's check-ins and encouragement. Best support group ever!
    3) Make at least one better choice--had "apple fries" with my cheeseburger instead of french fries.

Keep up the awesomeness everyone!
    :glasses: Jenn

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Did better on Tuesday and today is shaping up to be a good day as well. If I can do the rest of the week staying strong then I will feel great!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    checking in on Tuesday goals:

• wanderinglight
    Options

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- check. I was *ravenous* when I got home and wolfed down some chicken but stopped myself at 8pm. I could have kept on eating. 20 minutes later I realized I was full. If I hadn't made myself stop right at 8pm I probably would have kept on eating, never realizing that I was actually full already.

2. GREEN TEA WITH ONE MEAL -- nope. Need to work on this!

3. WALK EVERY OTHER DAY FOR AN HOUR -- nope, only got in about 40 minutes and it was with the dog so it wasn't as continuous as I would have liked. And won't be able to try for this one again until Thursday.

4. LOG EVERYTHING -- done!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Posting first then reading, :happy:

Sorry to be MIA yesterday. Hubby decided we needed to stop for CHINESE on our way back from Pittsburgh so I didn't have to come home and cook. We got hoe after 6:00 p.m. :bigsmile:

I didn't argue! :wink:

Reporting for Tuesday & Wednesday

My Tuesday Strive for Five

1. Keep 5/6 Food Diary # ✔✔NOPE!! Didn't even try to figure it out bur am sure over on everything! :embarassed:
    2. No Nighttime Nuts ✔ ✔ ✔ No Getting Nuts AGAIN!!
    3. 30 min walking/exercise) ✔✔✔ 90 min walking in Pittsburgh.
    4. 25 Crunches on ball or bed (my way) ✔✔ NOPE :embarassed:
    5. Daily Check-in ✔✔ NOPE :embarassed:

So I only got two in yesterday. :sad:

BUT I DID BETTER TODAY :drinker:

My Wednesday Strive for Five

1. Keep 5/6 Food Diary # ✔✔NOPE!! The obvious Sugar one, & 2 over on my carbs.
    2. No Nighttime Nuts ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔No Getting Nuts AGAIN!!
    3. 30 min walking/exercise) ✔✔✔✔ 30 min Stability Ball
    4. 25 Crunches on ball or bed (my way) ✔✔✔On my Bed!
    5. Daily Check-in ✔✔ ✔HELLLLLLO!!

Thanks for all your sugar rsponses. I really appreciate it!!

Guess What???? Back to Pittsburgh tomorrow for an appointment with his Pain Doctor. :-) I am sooooo THANKFUL I have a job where I am off over the summer to get things done.

Have a nice peaceful evening everyone. :flowerforyou:

off to read now.................
  • missdeehere
    Options
    UGH...right out of the gate I messed up. I started eating after 8pm and then it was like I couldn't stop. I think I let myself get too hungry during the day. Then I was too embarrassed to log. Messing up one goal had a trickle-down effect to the rest and now I feel like crap today and very angry at myself. I'm also realizing that because I get home at 7:30 or 8pm that I'm actually eating three meals a day at my desk! Yuck. Regardless, I'm starting my week over and am going to take it day by day. A6nd I'll eat dinner at my desk at 6:30 before leaving so that I don't arrive home ravenous at 8pm.

From yesterday:
    1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- nope
    2. LOG EVERYTHING -- nope, didn't do this either
    3. WALK FOR AN HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY -- will strive to do this today
    4. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH ONE MEAL PER DAY -- will strive to do this today

I need a do-over!
    Wanderinglight
    Just know that you are NOT alone! I was too embarrased to log last night, plus I couldn't even remember everything I ate at the CHINESE BUFFET!!

Thank God that every day we have a new chance to try harder!! One day, we WILL get it!! Good luck with the rest of the week!!
    no real walk today up at 530 to take dogs out but they did their business and I was back on schedule just like that. Lugged 60 lbs of food plus a 30 lb kid in a cart up and down the shelves of the petsmart getting supplies for our new fur babies. 12 cups of water done. no offical work out though.
    Kris
    I think that was a workout!! I soooo admire you for taking on the extra dogs. Your love for the animals just shines in your post!! Good luck keeping busy taking care of them and your family, and ESPECIALLY KRIS!!
    1st goal check in day!
    1) log everything--done (and under calories)
    2) check into group board--here I am!
    3) make at least better choice for the day--someone gave me a giant bag full of carby snacks & I only ate 2 little crackers :)

Keep up the great work everyone :)
    Jenn

jenn
    GREAT JOB!! AWESOME DEDICATION!! Not sure if I could hve done that!! 2lil crackers???? You Rock!!

shapestocome :smooched:
    Thanks for helping me get over my sugar obsession. LOL Now I can continue with my sugar addiction!! LOL
    Great job on the Multiquoting!! Hope your week continues to be a great one!!

Blessedmom:flowerforyou:
    Don't worry about keeping up with everyone, it can be overwhelming. LOL I feel bad when I can't so I do what I can when I can. I agree that this site is awesome. My mom is a diabetic, and this scares me. so far so good for me, but I am very overweight.
    Enjoy your Family Time!! I love when family is here!!
  • missdeehere
    Options

Le' go.
    QofSpades
    I don't think I said WELCOME to you:flowerforyou:
    Glad ytou found us. Good luck on waking up earlier. Sorry you missed it today, what time will you have to wake up? I always say I want to walk before work, but I never want to wake up. :-( Good Luck!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to all!
    I wasn't able to check in yesterday, but logged food, stayed under calories, drank my water and did Zumba today and yesterday!

Missdeehere-hope you survived another long day. My thoughts were with you:heart:

Think it has been said before, but tomorrow is another day!
    MrRogers
    Thank You!! The trip seems to be getting easier. Tomorrow is just an appointment, so we won't be there all day. Good thing, the Cable Guy is coming at 5:00 LOL
    Monday and Tuesday check in :happy:

This weeks goals:
    1. Week 7 P90x -
    Monday - Core Synergistics;
    Tuesday - Cardio X

2. 3-4 non P90x workouts -
    Monday - none :(
    Tuesday - Took a nice walk with the dog.

3. Pack afternoon snacks for work -
    Monday - did good! No extra snacks for me, just what I brought
    Tuesday - Worked from home today, so I did ok, though I did a little extra grazing

4. Better control over the weekend. - stay tuned for Friday.

Keep focusing on your mini goals everyone. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one snack at a time. Keep up all the hard work. Time to go hang out with the puppy and hubby. Have a great evening! :flowerforyou:

MAK
    Do you think you do better when you work from home or at the office?
    I just LOVE this picture of you!! You can definately see how much weight you lost. And you are BEAUTIFUL!! PS........ I will put that request in an email in a lil bit!! K??
    Report Day 2

1. Get up on time in the morning, no more than 1 snooze! Overslept again...ugh! In my defense, I only hit the snooze once! My clock is so screwed up! Tomorrow's shopping list includes new alarm clock!
    2. Spend at least 1 hour a day on a home improvement project(I have 5 projects going!) Still working on the scary closet!
    3. Minimum of 30 minutes a day exercise Same walk at work, did 2 30 minute walks today
    4. Vitamins daily!Yes! 2 days in a row! It's a new record!

Oma, I am laughing because when I am back to work, between my hubby & I we set 7 alarms!! YES SEVEN!! I am QUEEN OF SNOOZE!! Good luck on this one!! Are you still getting to bed early enoug?
    Nice job taking your vitamins!!

Are you feeling all better now? Is the family all better now??
  • missdeehere
    Options

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- check. I was *ravenous* when I got home and wolfed down some chicken but stopped myself at 8pm. I could have kept on eating. 20 minutes later I realized I was full. If I hadn't made myself stop right at 8pm I probably would have kept on eating, never realizing that I was actually full already.

2. GREEN TEA WITH ONE MEAL -- nope. Need to work on this!

3. WALK EVERY OTHER DAY FOR AN HOUR -- nope, only got in about 40 minutes and it was with the dog so it wasn't as continuous as I would have liked. And won't be able to try for this one again until Thursday.

4. LOG EVERYTHING -- done!
    Wanderinglight
    Keep working on it!! I keep telling myself that!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!! Try not to stress, yep I keep telling myself that too!!
    Does it matter if the tea is HOT or COLD? Maybe you have your "walk minutes" set too high. Try reducing it so you have success. Do you have any of the Walk Away The Pounds Video's that you can use when you can't walk? Good Luck!! You really can do this............... so I keep telling myself! LOL Never Ever give up!! You ARE worth it! PLUSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU ARE HALFWAY TO YOUR GOAL!! GREAT JOB!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Monday & Tuesday check in :

Have no idea what happened to the last two days, they flew by! :blushing: :ohwell:

-Did great on my workout goals the last couple days, 2 hr. workout yesterday, 3 hour today. Working to push for 5 days in a row each week, then weekends off for rest and catch up.
    -Both days were good water days. I seem to be getting back my good water habits, these mini-goals are really helping!
    -Tracked food on paper but no clue why it never made it to my food diary.:tongue: Unable to post much most likely. Wanna work on that!
    -Checking in here- when I realized it was already Tues. evening I knew I better jump back on here and check in and catch up with you all. .:wink::flowerforyou:

Have a great Wednesday Friends!:drinker:
    :heart: Desire
    Keeping up on the computer really does take a lot of time from you. Please don't feel you HAVE to read all my posts. :-) sometimes I am a Chatty Cathy!! LOL Do what YOU need to do for YOU!! We are here for you but I TOTALLY understand when people just can't get here cus there will be days (like yesterday) that I can't be here, But it is VERY IMPORTANT that you do keep up with your Food Diary. BUT your Diary is "FOR YOU" so if it is easier to keep track on paper, please do what works for you. I did that for years!! good old paper! LOL In fact yesterday when we were at the Chinese, my hubby asked me, "aren't you gonna write it down"? Cus I usually write what I eat. But NOPE I was eating whatever I felt like. LOL

But then again, I am soooooooo BAD!!! :-) :heart: (((huggs))):heart:

[/quote
    Danlyn
    Have a BLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTT Camping!! I love camping but hubby does not! :-( I wannnnnna join you!!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in tonight. Late work = protein bar for dinner.

1) Logged everything-check
    2) Group check in- check even if quick
    3) Better choice- "fresco tacos" instead of taco supremes for lunch (still filling even though my eyes didn't believe it would be)

Week's half over, and I'm still feeling motivated and on track. Thanks for all the support!!! Keep on truckin'!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Just a quick check in tonight. Late work = protein bar for dinner.

1) Logged everything-check
    2) Group check in- check even if quick
    3) Better choice- "fresco tacos" instead of taco supremes for lunch (still filling even though my eyes didn't believe it would be)

Week's half over, and I'm still feeling motivated and on track. Thanks for all the support!!! Keep on truckin'!
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Have no idea what happened to the last two days, they flew by! :blushing: :ohwell:

-Did great on my workout goals the last couple days, 2 hr. workout yesterday, 3 hour today. Working to push for 5 days in a row each week, then weekends off for rest and catch up.
    -Both days were good water days. I seem to be getting back my good water habits, these mini-goals are really helping!
    -Tracked food on paper but no clue why it never made it to my food diary.:tongue: Unable to post much most likely. Wanna work on that!
    -Checking in here- when I realized it was already Tues. evening I knew I better jump back on here and check in and catch up with you all. .:wink::flowerforyou:

I love the app for my droid I can log as I eat or before to make better choices. there is one for iphone too and blackberry i think!! GREAT!!!! JOB!!!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    TOTALY FORGOT TO CHECK IN FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS

SUNDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, ATE AT HOME, AND WENT TO SLEEP ON TIME
    MONDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, ATE AT HOME, BUT DIDNT GET TO GO TO BED ON TIME
    TUESDAY DRANK ALL MY WATER, I WENT TO BED ON TIME, BUT I FORGOT MY LUNCH AT HOME AND I ENDED UP HAVING A CHICKEN SANDWHICH(I FELT SO CRAPY AFTER)
    Loved to see you got all your water in on all 3 days! :drinker:

I can tell a huge difference when I get mine in vs. when I don't.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

I love the app for my droid I can log as I eat or before to make better choices. there is one for iphone too and blackberry i think!! GREAT!!!! JOB!!!!!!
    Thanks Kris!:happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Weds Check in

All my goals went pretty good today, what a great feeling that is!

Plenty of water
    Got everything logged
    Got my 2 hour workout in
    Checking in here with you guys before bed:yawn:

I think I'll call tomorrow (Thursday) a rest day, my body feels very fatigued after today and I think it needs a day off from the longer workouts.
    Might get some stretching in or a bit of a light workout tomorrow instead.