MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I'm on vacation and haven't been tracking online. Trying to keep a handle on it in my head and have made some good choices (talked myself out of candy almost every day)! I found this quote today and took it to heart. I think I made a decision to get rid of this weight, but my actions haven't shown it. Time to REALLY decide! I'll try to help motivate you and hope you can help me stick with my decision to get some weight off :flowerforyou:

"Remember, a real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided."
    - Tony Robbins

Thanks for sharing the quote and for your support!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in:

Water was good, got in plenty.
    Good food choices, bit low on cals but felt satisfied.
    Everything got logged.
    Checking in here with you all.:wink::flowerforyou:
    4 Day workout this week

Been a good week because I've been keeping the same goals so it's becoming ingrained and a habit now.:drinker:

Not sure if a new link will be made but I'll look for it, I may have missed it when I scanned up above my post.

Hope everyone had a excellent weekend and got a bit rested up!:happy:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Dosn't look like we have a new board for the week. So I though I'd post my new goals for this week here:
    1. Daily check in. Stop in an see how everyone is doing.
    2. Week 8 of P90x - Do it all no skipping
    3. 3 non-p90x work outs

Have a great week everyone!
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Wow..my first challenge..I'm IN!!!
    1. Stay within calorie range all week.
    2. Eat fish 4 days this week.
    3. No "vacation" day til Saturday.
    4. No eating after 6pm.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sunday night check in:

1) Log everything--check
    2) Check in to the group--second time today because I missed yesterday :)
    3) Make a better choice--popped out the food scale, put in new batteries, and ACTUALLY USED IT for lunch & dinner!

New Goals for the new week: I'm going to keep my goals from last week because I felt really successful with them and add in one more--4) Monitor Sodium and try to stay close to goal without going more than 300 over. This is one of the areas that I had no idea I was so overboard until I started tracking. We'll see how this week goes.

Congratulations to everyone for surviving a challenging week. See you tomorrow!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Day 7!

Yesterday was my cheat day and I'm not very happy with myself. it was the same thing last week -- I basically just overate but didn't really enjoy it nor did I plan for it. So my MAIN goal this week is to go all 7 days without cheating, knowing that I can have a cheat meal on Day 8. And I broke my own rule by cheating in the house! Ugh. I did get back on track today.

So here is the final day, and tonight I'll think of my goals for next week.

1. WALK FOR AN HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY -- i did not manage to even get one day in on this, it's just too hard when getting home at 8 or 9pm. Will need to modify this. Maybe just 45 minutes? That means 2 20-minute walks with the dog.
    2. LOG EVERYTHING -- logged today!
    3. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH MEALS -- did great on this one!
    4. NO EATING PAST 8PM -- even managed to cook granola bars for tomorrow without testing the batter!

Can't wait to start strong again on Monday!
  • qofspades
    qofspades Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Goal for 8/1 - 8/7

Lower sugar and sodium intake

CW - 213 8/1/2011
    GW - 211 8/8/2011
    Ultimate GW - 175

Le' Go!!!!!!!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Sunday I did my diary and I drank my water. My schedule changed yesterday, so I didn't go to the gym as planned. But I am going to day and Wed, so I will still get at least 3 days in.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    My name is Stephanie, and I live in NJ. I am new to the site. I facilitate a TOPS meeting at work.

My goals are:
    1. Write down what I eat every day, (and not several days at once).
    2. Exercise at least 3 times a week at the gym.
    3. Drink at least 48 oz of water a day.
    Welcome Stephanie - Great goals!! Happy to have you on board with us! :happy:

Wow..my first challenge..I'm IN!!!
    1. Stay within calorie range all week.
    2. Eat fish 4 days this week.
    3. No "vacation" day til Saturday.
    4. No eating after 6pm.
    Welcome to our happy group. Love to have new faces join us! Feel free to post as little or as much as you would like, or just stop in and read up on how we are doing.
    Sunday night check in:

1) Log everything--check
    2) Check in to the group--second time today because I missed yesterday :)
    3) Make a better choice--popped out the food scale, put in new batteries, and ACTUALLY USED IT for lunch & dinner!

New Goals for the new week: I'm going to keep my goals from last week because I felt really successful with them and add in one more--4) Monitor Sodium and try to stay close to goal without going more than 300 over. This is one of the areas that I had no idea I was so overboard until I started tracking. We'll see how this week goes.

Congratulations to everyone for surviving a challenging week. See you tomorrow!
    Congrats to you on your week!! Way to get that food scale up and running. Keep it up. Excellent goals for next week!
    Day 7!

Yesterday was my cheat day and I'm not very happy with myself. it was the same thing last week -- I basically just overate but didn't really enjoy it nor did I plan for it. So my MAIN goal this week is to go all 7 days without cheating, knowing that I can have a cheat meal on Day 8. And I broke my own rule by cheating in the house! Ugh. I did get back on track today.

So here is the final day, and tonight I'll think of my goals for next week.

1. WALK FOR AN HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY -- i did not manage to even get one day in on this, it's just too hard when getting home at 8 or 9pm. Will need to modify this. Maybe just 45 minutes? That means 2 20-minute walks with the dog.
    2. LOG EVERYTHING -- logged today!
    3. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH MEALS -- did great on this one!
    4. NO EATING PAST 8PM -- even managed to cook granola bars for tomorrow without testing the batter!

Can't wait to start strong again on Monday!
    I have a similar issue with the weekends, and they aren't even treat days! That's always a tough one for me, I try to make it a mini goal (even if I don't post it) every week to try and reign my weekends in. Looks like you did really well with the rest of your goals. Good idea with goal #1 and shortening the time since you are getting home late. Set your self up for success. Try for 20 minutes, or 30. And if you can get an hour in one day there's a happy little bonus :happy:
    Goal for 8/1 - 8/7

Lower sugar and sodium intake

CW - 213 8/1/2011
    GW - 211 8/8/2011
    Ultimate GW - 175

Le' Go!!!!!!!
    Great goals for the week! Those two are sure tough one's to reign in. We are rooting for you!
    Just checking in. Sunday I did my diary and I drank my water. My schedule changed yesterday, so I didn't go to the gym as planned. But I am going to day and Wed, so I will still get at least 3 days in.
    Way to go with your logging and your water! Way to move your gym plans around to get your three days in.

Keep rockin and rolling everyone! I'm all for keeping this weeks board open and use it for 8/1 through 8/6. Have a great day and keep reaching for those mini goals. We CAN do this, one mini goal at a time :flowerforyou:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Checking in to post goals for 8/1-8/7:

1. This is the only one I'm focusing on this week because it's the hardest one for me to accomplish - EXERCISE EVERY DAY!!! I'm not even putting a time limit on it, just DO SOMETHING :)

Good luck to everyone. I should be able to check in this week because we're staying put at this campground until Saturday and I have WiFi.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Checking in to post goals for 8/1-8/7:

1. This is the only one I'm focusing on this week because it's the hardest one for me to accomplish - EXERCISE EVERY DAY!!! I'm not even putting a time limit on it, just DO SOMETHING :)

Good luck to everyone. I should be able to check in this week because we're staying put at this campground until Saturday and I have WiFi.
    Great goal! :drinker: Often times focusing on one goal at a time & keeping it simple has really helped me create that habit well. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    So happy people are back with us this week! Let's have a great week. Hopefully Miss Dee will join us when things are a little less busy for her :smile:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hope Dee is okay. In the meantime, here are my goals this week. I'm going on vacation Wednesday through Sunday, so I'm modifying my goals to fit.

1. Watch the sodium intake. Staying in a hotel, we have no choice but to eat out everyday. This may be hard.
    2. Drink lots of water. Normally this isn't a problem, but on vacation I'll need to be extra viligent due to sodium intake and a small hotel fridge.
    3. Pack and use as many healthy snacks as possible.
    4. Swim in the hotel pool or ocean everyday, especially since I'm not taking any exercise DVDs or equipment with me.
    5. Keep logging. Gotta keep up with mak. ;-p
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Look out everybody!!! I'm baaaack!!! So, last week I seriously just flaked out! Which is really horrible because it was the same week I promised a friend to step up the exercise with her! Fortunately she's stronger willed than I am and she's done great! So, I just kind of scanned through what's going on with everyone, and I noticed a post that made me stop and think. I always drink enough water, I always stay under calories(except on my anniversary!), I always get plenty of walking in, and here's the important part, I always find an excuse not to exercise! So, I think that I too will cut down on my goals this week. Only 2 instead of 4

Goal 1 exercise every day. minimum 30 minutes EVERY DAY!!!
    Goal 2 bed on time and rise and shine on time! (working my own hours makes it way too easy to sleep in! Then I end up working in 100 degree weather...bad bad thing!!)

MissDee; We know you've got a lot going on and we're all going to be keeping things going for ya! Sending lots of positive thoughts and vibes to you and your hubby!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So happy people are back with us this week! Let's have a great week. Hopefully Miss Dee will join us when things are a little less busy for her :smile:

I agree!:heart:

My goal this week is to stay under calories. I am going back to work and I want to concentrate on eating healthy. Also drinking my water.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Returning from vacation and gained 2 lbs. Well when eating out 3-4 times and eating junk and over a 1000 calories at a meal imagine that happening. Could have been worse considering my Body Media armband showed much higher calorie burns daily because of the walking in the Kansas heat. So back to the grind of work and working out is a must.
    Well this week I want to get back intoa routine whos going to kick my whinny butt because I havent exercised?
    Goal 3hr of some type of exercise this week that is 1/2 hour 6:7 days.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Exercised for two hours today and stayed under sodium. Counting down u til vacation time. Glad to see everyone keeping up the good fight. Let's rock this week!
  • njbooklover
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I exercised for the 2nd time this week, 1 more time to go before Thurs (my day 1).
    I drank all of my water, and then some, I think.
    I logged everything I ate today.

I am going to keep my goals for now.

I am really struggling with my grad school classes, so I need to focus on getting caught up.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I wonder if Miss Dee started a new thread for the new week? Haven't seen it though.

My goals for this week are going to be modified for the fact that I'm going out of town and working long hours:

Day One
    1. LOG EVERYTHING -- done today!
    2. WORK OUT EVERY OTHER DAY -- worked out yesterday so took today off, but might still try to walk tonight as I won't have time tomorrow
    3. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH MEALS -- did today and will do on the road when possible. Traveling with tea bags!
    4. ONLY LIGHT MEALS AFTER 8PM -- I have a dinner reservation tomorrow at 730 so I'll have to break my "no eating after 8pm" rule for a few days
    And adding one more:
    5. PLAN AHEAD! -- I'm going to a town that has virtually no options besides fast food. I'm going to take the time to research options and will fly with raw almonds, granola bars and even Ezekiel bread so I can always make a healthy sandwich!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • njbooklover
    Options
    Hey, does anyone know how to put an exercise ticket on here? It says we can't use them from other sites, but I don't see them anywhere on here.

I don't really want to create one from scratch. I don't have a lot of pictures to use. It looks like some I have seen are from a site I looked at earlier today.