MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Back here it is a new week. We are taking vacation for the end of the week, Thur to next Mon, so I will still be logging by phone but not able to check in here so goal is to get 3 workouts before vacation and 12 cups of water daily. We are adopting a pair of Cairn Terriers so I will be acclimating them in to our chaos of 2 kids 2 cats and 2 large dogs. Until they are well adjusted they have to remain on leash so there will be some good walking excuses for these guys. So far they spent the weekend with us at my mothers and were wonderful. But introductions to the cats and other dogs was less than good. Hoping this will workout well because they are great with the kids.
    Good work everyone for last week and starting this week off right!!!
    Happy Aniversary to some of you and Happy Birthday MissDee I am always late to find much time to read all the posts.
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyones goals and successes. So many good ones! :happy:

I love doing this by week, it seems so attainable! I am so tired of looking at the big picture and having it seem impossible.

For me another Sunday. . .
    Goals
    1. Stay under in calories 6 days. (that excludes the day I go to Outback)~~ Under! On a Sunday for me that is. . .well I am happy with myself. Although I found out the hard way that just because I have the calories doesn't mean I should eat it! :frown: It didn't help that I had very little for lunch.
    2. Drink my 120 oz of water all 7 days. ~~ NO! only got in 100oz. Sundays and going to church just doesn't work well with my drinking water.
    3. Zumba Monday and use my Mom's exercise equipment Wed - Fri.~~ N/A on Sun :-)
    4. Say NO at least 2 times a day Tue - Sat. (next Sun I'll start this goal again) ~~N/A on Sun.

Huh, go figure only 2 goals for today you'd think I could make them both. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

Everyone have a blessed day! :flowerforyou: 'See' you tomorrow!
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge. I just joined a few days ago and hadn't figured out what type of goals fo set for myself. Thank you for the ideas and the challenge. I was recently told I have type2 Diabetes and I do not want to go on meds for it. So I need to make some changes in my life style-exercise and eat healthy. It starts with this challenge. Thank you:happy:

1. Keep my carb intake per meal at 30 or less grams.
    2. Increase water intake to 64 ounces a day.
    3. Do 110 minutes of cardio workout at least 3 days
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just started on mfp yesterday (7/23/11). I'm so happy to have found this group. Everyone here is so welcoming and supportive. Thank you missdeehere!

Since this is literally my first week, I will keep my goals sweet and simple:
    1) honestly log everything everyday (so far so good for yesterday & today)
    2) check in to mfp at least once before bedtime everyday
    3) everyday reaffirmation that today is an opportunity to make at least one better choice than I did yesterday

Thanks and good luck to everyone with this week's goals! You guys rock!

:glasses: Jenn
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Back to play for another week with you all! :tongue:

Basically my goals will remain about the same, want to give it more time for them to become a part of my everyday life again. I used to be SO good at getting lots of water in, but for some reason it's harder lately.

Have a great week Everyone!:drinker:
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in again.
    My goals for this week
    ~550 min of exercise
    ~8 glasses of water per day
    ~stay under calories

Good luck everyone =)
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Okay... FOR REAL... I am back now!!!!

I'm sorry for not being as committed as I was in the beginning... now that the wedding is over, it's time to focus on losing 18-28 more pounds before I turn 30!!! That's 3 months.... I am aiming for the lower number but would be thrilled with the higher loss.

So I need to start over, one week at a time!

This week:
    - stay under 1800mg sodium all week
    - exercise for 120 minutes this week
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Shapes to come,
    Are u able to do it? I don't eat a lot of carbs and most my sugar comes from Fresh Fruits & Veggies. I think the numbers are too low. I think I will have a Fruit withdraw if I try to keep this up.

MissDee-- No when I eat all my calories I have, I am usually about 20-30 over. Yesterday I was only 18 over but that was because I didn't eat all my calories back. And a lot of it comes from fruits and vegetables and some whole grains/starches. Well, the 18 that put me over yesterday was my skinny cow - but a girl's gotta live! :wink:

ETA: I just put my breakfast in and I only have one gram left of sugar cause of my watermelon and 1 Tbsp of strawberry jam I ate :frown:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another week! Last week was mostly successful except for one "cheat day." But because I didn't plan for the cheat day -- or even really enjoy it -- I'm taking it off the table for this week. I'm keeping a few of the same goals. They say it takes two weeks to make a habit!

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM
    2. LOG EVERYTHING IN MFP DIARY
    3. WALK ONE HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY
    4. DRINK GREEN TEA WITH ONE MEAL PER DAY

Will check in tonight on progress!
  • sheridyz
    sheridyz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group - and newly returning to MFP. I love the idea of looking at our goals one week at a time! My goals this week:

1. Exercise 45 minutes 3x
    2. Log calories every day
    3. Drink 64 oz. of water daily

I'm very excited for the extra support! :flowerforyou:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces and returning faces!:heart:

I continue to be inspired by each and everyone of you! I went over calories (4) one day because of an impromptu lunch invite with a special friend. Once upon a time I would have freaked out and berate myself for days. Didn't do that because I KNOW it was just one day. I kicked up the exercise the next day and DID NOT get on the scale : )

Goal for the week of July 24-31, 2011

1. Zumba class- 4 times
    2. Kickboxing class-2 times
    3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water

Everyone, keep up the great work!:glasses:

Very good! It takes a lot to get past that point of worrying about every little calorie and every little slip! Kudos to you for handling it in such a graceful and healthy manner!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 1
    1. Get up on time in the morning, no more than 1 snooze! I'm so proud of me! I did it! Not even 1 snooze! Remember that on time for me is 4am!!
    2. Spend at least 1 hour a day on a home improvement project(I have 5 projects going!) Spent well over an hour clearing out a closet I didn't even know existed! (moved in with boyfriend and discovering his hoarding spots!)
    3. Minimum of 30 minutes a day exercise Knew I would be exhausted after work and errands today, so I did a 40 minute walk around the business complex
    4. Vitamins daily! Vitamins swallowed with a full 16 oz water!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1. Keep sodium below goals 5/7 days. Keep sugar no more than 50% over goal 5/7 days. - failed this one due to hubby working late and the child and I starving at 8 pm after pilates class. Good thing I planned for mess ups.
    2. Take it easy on the legs, last week's shin splints beginnings were enough to learn my limitations (and ban 30ds for now). - less pain, but still hurts. Pilates felt good today.
    3. Exercise at least 5 days this week, two of them with strength training components- did pilates for strength and exercise today, so one day done.

So tired today. Wsh I could say I did much, but I didn't. Then again, the child has had no nap so maybe I did.
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Oooh, love games.

Sorry, off task. Checking in. Met my sodium goals and only went 12 g over on sugar which is good for me. Took a rest day, legs are still hurting, but no more sharp pain now. Just going to do pilates tomorrow.

I've been playing Gourmet Ranch and then a friend asked me to add Farmville just because she needed neighbors. Ugh! It's like crack! Or chips, or chocolate!!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Very Loooooooooooong Day & I am exhausted! :yawn:

Reporting for my Monday first, then I will go back & read. I pinky swear!! :wink:

I ABSOLUTELY CAN * N O T* KEEP MY SUGAR UNDER OR EVEN!! I AM *N O T* GONNA KEEP STRESSING MYSELF OVER THIS!! I WILL FAIL DAILY! I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY FRUITS & VEGGIES & SWEET TREATS THAT ARE A LIL MORE HEALTHY.

I will keep my # 1 goal at 5/6 for this week but am sure it will daily be sugar that I am over. No biggie! I am just more mindful of it.

My Monday Strive for Five

1. Keep 5/6 Food Diary # ✔✔ 5/6
    2. No Nighttime Nuts ✔ ✔ No desire!
    3. 30 min walking/exercise) ✔✔ 90 min very intense & nonstop housecleaning. Including vacuume my whole house using the hose. I sweat more then I did all week too.
    4. 25 Crunches on ball or bed (my way) ✔✔ Bed ~immediately when I woke up, seems to work best!
    5. Daily Check-in ✔✔ I made it!!

Have to be back in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I will be low here a few days, sorry gang!

now to go & read........
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'm new to this group - and newly returning to MFP. I love the idea of looking at our goals one week at a time! My goals this week:

1. Exercise 45 minutes 3x
    2. Log calories every day
    3. Drink 64 oz. of water daily

I'm very excited for the extra support! :flowerforyou:
    WELCOME SHERI :flowerforyou: GLAD YOU ARE HERE WITH US!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!! EVERYONE NEEDS A SUPPORT GROUP!! I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT ALL MY FRIENDS HERE.

Hello everyone! I just started on mfp yesterday (7/23/11). I'm so happy to have found this group. Everyone here is so welcoming and supportive. Thank you missdeehere!

Since this is literally my first week, I will keep my goals sweet and simple:
    1) honestly log everything everyday (so far so good for yesterday & today)
    2) check in to mfp at least once before bedtime everyday
    3) everyday reaffirmation that today is an opportunity to make at least one better choice than I did yesterday

Thanks and good luck to everyone with this week's goals! You guys rock!

:glasses: Jenn
    WELCOME JENN :flowerforyou: GLAD THAT YOU FOUND US!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT FIRST WEEK & STICK WITH US!! GOOD LUCK!!
    I would love to join the challenge. I just joined a few days ago and hadn't figured out what type of goals fo set for myself. Thank you for the ideas and the challenge. I was recently told I have type2 Diabetes and I do not want to go on meds for it. So I need to make some changes in my life style-exercise and eat healthy. It starts with this challenge. Thank you:happy:

1. Keep my carb intake per meal at 30 or less grams.
    2. Increase water intake to 64 ounces a day.
    3. Do 110 minutes of cardio workout at least 3 days
    WELCOME DANELYH:flowerforyou: JUMP IN & SWIM WITH US!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!

WELCOME BACK

KRIS:flowerforyou:

SUZ:flowerforyou:

CRAZY QUILTER:flowerforyou:

WANDERINGlLIGHT :flowerforyou:

GLAD YOU'RE BACK!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :drinker: WAVING HELLO TO ALL MY FRIENDS TONIGHT!! :drinker:

I too am tired now and really ready for bed. Still gotta pack lunches for our trip tomorrow. If it's not raining I am walking to the Whole Foods Store!! I need Almond Butter. :-)

goodnight...................:yawn:
  • shapestocome
    Options
    Day 2 Check in:

1. Eat only one "treat" after dinner 150 calories or less (only if cals available) - yes, didn't have a lot of cals left over but used them on a small treat but didn't go over!
    2. Stay at or below 1400 net calories all seven days. Yes - Net 1331 (something like that!)
    3. Drink at least 6 8oz glasses of water a day. Yes!

I feel good about the week so far!

MissDee-- I don't blame you -- do NOT stress about the sugar numbers -- you are doing great!

I almost didn't make 2 of my goals tonight because I wanted to eat after I already had my treat and that I was so close going over my calories. But I didn't!! I hung on and kept telling myself, if I want something I can have it tomorrow and put it in my calorie allowance!

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!
  • shapestocome
    Options
    Report Day 1
    1. Get up on time in the morning, no more than 1 snooze! I'm so proud of me! I did it! Not even 1 snooze! Remember that on time for me is 4am!!
    2. Spend at least 1 hour a day on a home improvement project(I have 5 projects going!) Spent well over an hour clearing out a closet I didn't even know existed! (moved in with boyfriend and discovering his hoarding spots!)
    3. Minimum of 30 minutes a day exercise Knew I would be exhausted after work and errands today, so I did a 40 minute walk around the business complex
    4. Vitamins daily! Vitamins swallowed with a full 16 oz water!

Fab --Great job on meeting all your goals today! 4am is awfully early -- you should get a gold star for that one!

My daily goals update:

1. Drink 64 ounces of water every day -- no, only got 32 oz.
    2. Log every day -- first day, yes
    3. Stay under cals 5/7 days -- yes
    4. Exercise for 375 minutes this week -- 82 minutes today

Kelly
    Great job Kelly! Keep up the great work! We can do this!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1st goal check in day!
    1) log everything--done (and under calories)
    2) check into group board--here I am!
    3) make at least better choice for the day--someone gave me a giant bag full of carby snacks & I only ate 2 little crackers :)

Keep up the great work everyone :)
    Jenn