New you by the new year challenge (closed group) Week 1 resu

Options
9336080_7426.jpg

Here is what the standings are so far. If I am missing your numbers, please message them to me. It's just too hard to try to search the forum for everything :grumble:

Once we get all the numbers, we'll do the official tally.

Thanks,
Lorie

Replies

• wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Sorry that's really small,
    Team TITWI Need numbers from: Lauren, Rachel, and catlewjones23
    Team Abnehmen Need numbers from Denise, ShaRon, and Mitzi
    Team WLWP Need numbers from Tracey and Kelly.
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I don't see my results on there so I just copied it from the other thread and I'll paste it here.

Ok team Abnehman here are my results for the week. I've lost 1.3 pounds and my BF% has gone from 42.1 to 41.5 and I'm super happy with that :)
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for a new and hopefully another successful week!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    am totally happy with a loss, part of me will always wish it were a bigger loss, but a loss is a loss
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    any challenge for tuesday or wednesday ? and who was the winner ? cant see the numbers
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ciarn I am still waiting on numbers from several people. I will post what I have by noon.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Are we doing the triathlon tuesday today? three work outs 15min each?
  • wvualum
    Options
    Tri Tuesday works for me.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Do we want to keep the daily challenges the same each week, so we just know that Tuesday is Triathalon Tuesday and Wednesday is Water Down Wednesday, etc.
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    Do we want to keep the daily challenges the same each week, so we just know that Tuesday is Triathalon Tuesday and Wednesday is Water Down Wednesday, etc.

I think we should for a Month, then every month change things up. This would meen five changes during the course of the challenge. Also I think what we are doing now can be carried through August.

Monday numbers day
    Tuesday Tri Day
    Wednesday water down
    Thursday 100 jumping jacks
    Friday ???
    Weekend challenge
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Friday challenge could be 100 squats or 100 crunches/situps or something like that.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    We could also do a Fiber Friday where we all try to eat our recommended amount of fiber.

According to this website http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033/NSECTIONGROUP=2

The amounts for men are 38 grams (50 and younger) or 30 grams (51 and older)

and for women are (25 grams (age 50 and younger) or 21 grams (51 and older).

Fiber is a great way to stay full and help lower cholesterol, but is something most of us don't eat enough of.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I was thinking our Thursday instead of 100 jumping jacks, 100 anything (crunches, squats, sit-ups, etc), like I might do 25 crunches, 25 jumping jacks, 50 leg lifts. I love the idea of Fiber Friday. So do we have a schedule?
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    25 crunches, 25 jumping jacks, 50 leg lifts. I love the idea of Fiber Friday. So do we have a schedule?

This works for me
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok, so we have
    Monday: Weigh Day Monday
    Tuesday: Tri Tuesday
    Wednesday: Water Down Wednesday
    Thursday: Thursday 100 (need a catchy name)
    Friday: Fiber Friday
    Weekend: Team Calorie burn challenge
  • wvualum
    Options
    Team Abnehmen: It looks like Ohfong is defintiely not going to be participating. If you want to invite someone to join your team, I will let you all decide who to ask. You can also ask the first person we had to turn down last week. Your decision, just let me know so I can log it.

Thanks!
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    I say we ask the last person who wanted to join. (the first we had to say the challenge was full)
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree the first we had to turn away

the challenges are great!!
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    i like the challenges for the week
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to go ahead and post what I have. I will post these same results every week, if I am missing something let me know.

Team with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Team Abnehmen with 3.91%

Team with the most pounds lost: Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses with 10.4 lbs lost.

Team Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Team Thin It to Win It with 11,718 calories burned.

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Tie between Kedia (MsBrownSugga) and Me with 8% of goal

Individual with the most pounds lost: Me with 4 lbs lost.

Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Me with 4,866 calories burned