Options

Replies

• XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    I was bad and didn't workout today.
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Didn't get to do an form of exercise, i have a pinched nerve or pulled muscle in my neck , waiting for doctor to tell me what to do next. Will hit the YMCA hopefullly fri, sat and sun for some pool, hot tub and sauna.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Congrats on the apartment!!!

Thanks!!

Water Wednesday, right? Its onnnnn!!!
  • minni2906
    Options
    Didn't get to do an form of exercise, i have a pinched nerve or pulled muscle in my neck , waiting for doctor to tell me what to do next. Will hit the YMCA hopefullly fri, sat and sun for some pool, hot tub and sauna.

Yuck! And ouch. Im sorry!! Hope it gets better. Water and heat should provide some relief.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Did the tri challenge. Today is water day. Drink up!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    yesterday i did 20 minutes in the morning, and then 55 minutes after work, so thats 75 lol definitely counts for 3 x 15, right?

anyway today is water day and im already on it! just had peanut butter on toast for breakfast... so im very thirsty lol
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Yesterday I did 45 minutes on the treadmill at 4.8! Happy Dance. It felt totally normal, too. I'm getting really excited because soon I'll be able to do it at 5, which is my goal for October.

I also did 15 minutes of dancing while holding a 2-year-old over my head, and that has to count for something. ;)
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do we want to keep the daily challenges the same each week, so we just know that Tuesday is Triathalon Tuesday and Wednesday is Water Down Wednesday, etc.

I think we should for a Month, then every month change things up. This would meen five changes during the course of the challenge. Also I think what we are doing now can be carried through August.

Monday numbers day
    Tuesday Tri Day
    Wednesday water down
    Thursday 100 jumping jacks
    Friday ???
    Weekend challenge

I like that idea..
  • wvualum
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/even-with-exercise-long-periods-spent-sedentary-are-deemed-a-health-risk/2011/07/07/gIQAicwRAI_story.html

Someone posted this on another thread, but I thought I would post it for our groups benefit.

The short of it is if you have to sit for long periods you need to get up every 30-60 minutes and move around for a few minutes, regardless of how much you exercise.

Btw if you are drinking your water for today's challenge you will get up at least that often! :wink:
  • wvualum
    Options
    Do we want to keep the daily challenges the same each week, so we just know that Tuesday is Triathalon Tuesday and Wednesday is Water Down Wednesday, etc.

I think we should for a Month, then every month change things up. This would meen five changes during the course of the challenge. Also I think what we are doing now can be carried through August.

Monday numbers day
    Tuesday Tri Day
    Wednesday water down
    Thursday 100 jumping jacks
    Friday ???
    Weekend challenge

I like that idea..

Friday is going to be Fiber Friday!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Does the "Jog" to the restroom count as cardio on water down Wednesdays? LOL
  • wvualum
    Options
    :laugh: I know.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe in September we could make our calorie burn totals cumulative for the week. We could even do two prizes, one for most improved and one for most burned to keep everybody encouraged. :)

And also I know resting heart rate is not really a *challenge* per se, but it is an EXCELLENT health indicator and watching it go down over time is very satisying. It can even help keep you going when you're not seeing as many pounds drop off as you'd like because you have a concrete way of knowing you're getting healthier.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe in September we could make our calorie burn totals cumulative for the week. We could even do two prizes, one for most improved and one for most burned to keep everybody encouraged. :)

And also I know resting heart rate is not really a *challenge* per se, but it is an EXCELLENT health indicator and watching it go down over time is very satisying. It can even help keep you going when you're not seeing as many pounds drop off as you'd like because you have a concrete way of knowing you're getting healthier.

Sounds good to me. From a tracking perspective, everyone can keep their totals for the week and then message them to me on weigh in day. We can start tracking on labor day and first report would be Sept 12. Does that sound good to everyone else?

I checked my resting heart rate the other day it was 64. Is that decent?
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm good with that
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I've had 80oz of water already and It's coming out of my ears!!!!
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    72oz down so far, Water down Wed is turning into cardio to the bathroom Wed!! lol. Weekly calorie totals sound good to me in September.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Sounds good about the weekly tracking September. :)

My resting heart rate is 46, but before I started running in January it was 68.

Here's a link to a resting heart rate chart:
    http://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm
  • minni2906
    Options
    All sounds good to me. I like the idea of tracking resting heart rate.