New you by the new year challenge (closed group) Week 1 resu

Options

Replies

• Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    130 ounces-Challenge complete.

Now to think of what I will do 100 of tomorrow.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    107 oz of water down 10 more 2 go
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    104 oz down ugh....so much water!!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    121. Now I'm floating off to bed, although a little birdie told me I might wake up in the middle if the night to potty. ;)
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    136oz. Thats A LOT of water!!!!
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    128 ounces of water!!!!!! I'm going to explode :explode:
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe in September we could make our calorie burn totals cumulative for the week. We could even do two prizes, one for most improved and one for most burned to keep everybody encouraged. :)

And also I know resting heart rate is not really a *challenge* per se, but it is an EXCELLENT health indicator and watching it go down over time is very satisying. It can even help keep you going when you're not seeing as many pounds drop off as you'd like because you have a concrete way of knowing you're getting healthier.

Sounds good to me. From a tracking perspective, everyone can keep their totals for the week and then message them to me on weigh in day. We can start tracking on labor day and first report would be Sept 12. Does that sound good to everyone else?

I checked my resting heart rate the other day it was 64. Is that decent?

I think starting I Spet. sounds great. It's just more of a reason for us to workout harder longer and better.
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    80 ounces= 10 cups of water. I was shooting for 16 but didn't make it.
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    80 oz of water

in my workout i already do tons of jumping jacks, push ups and abs.....

i might do squats and arms need to tone the tri's
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    What is everybody else doing for their 100? I'm trying to decide. Think I will do 50 crunches, 25 squats, 25 wall push ups. I'll probably do the squats and wall pushups in the bathroom at work. LOL. Hopefully no one walks in!
  • wvualum
    Options
    by the way, I gained like 4 ounces on Tuesday when I weighed in and stayed there until this morning and I am down 1.2 lbs. so another .2 lbs and I'm down a lb from Monday. I think it was the water!! Anyone else have good results this morning (if you weigh daily like me)?
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I did 100 jumping jacks... I'll go die now. Oh wait I can't, It's time to do Turbo Fire!!!!!!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Today I'll be doing:

cable crunches X 25
    Lat Pulls X25
    Leg raise X25
    Push Ups X 25

Just for good measure, I'm going to do each of these 3x each.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Does anybody change their weight everytime they get on the scale? I think I'll wait for mondays to do this.

I'm down as of this morning, and I've lost alot in the past two weeks (I actually started above 270 but chose to put that as my starting point)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I think I'm gonna do leg lifts (25 on each side, so 50), and crunches (5 sets of 10, so 50) for my 100!
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I know it's not Friday yet but I'm already over my fiber by 22 grams today!!!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Dave, I weigh myself everyday, and record on mfp only when I lose. (wish that was everyday :happy: ) I don't record in ounces, I already drive my self crazy over whole pounds, if I tracked ounces, i would lose my mind i think. If I go up like I did Tuesday, I don't record it so when I weighed in this morning I was back down to below monday's weight, but not enough for a whole pound (fingers crossed for tomorrow). For me seeing the number every morning is a motivation. Some it gets them down, I am either motivated to work harder if i don't lose or an encouraged if I do lose.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Challenge complete. 100 stairs (5 flights)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I ALMOST didn't do it, but I forced myself!! We got home late so I wanted to crap out and go to bed, but I got it done. 50 crunches and 50 leg lifts!!! Woooohhoooo!!
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    did todays challenge and more did 50 jumping jacks,50 high knees, and 25 squat