New you by the new year challenge (closed group) Week 1 resu

Options

Replies

• Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    did todays challenge and more did 50 jumping jacks,50 high knees, and 25 squat
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Did 50 crunches 25 squats and 25 wall push ups.
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    did 50 squats and 50 lunges

didnt do my cardio today though because aunt flo came early and boy oh boy was I cramping

I ate good today though
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Didn't do yesterdays challenge. Just had a bad afternoon/evening. Will make up for it today.

So how do you figure out how much fiber one needs?
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can find information about fiber intake at
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033/NSECTIONGROUP=2

What are some high fiber foods people are eating?
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    You can find information about fiber intake at
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033/NSECTIONGROUP=2

What are some high fiber foods people are eating?

Thanks for the link. I updated my tracker to see how much fiber I'm taking in daily. Looks like my daily goal will be 38 grams.

Item with the most fiber so far today is a cara cara orange.
  • wvualum
    Options
    My MFP tracker says I need 14, but the site says 25. I will shoot for 25 but hope for 14
  • wvualum
    Options
    How is everyone doing this Fiber Friday?
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    According to MFP, I've met my fiber goal for the day. Haven't checked the website posted above yet though.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I ate my fiber and then some. Thanks to lots of english muffins. English muffin pizzas for lunch and dinner. I totally didn't want to cook today and it was just me and the little people so they had mac and cheese and after they went to bed I had pizzas (and a beer).
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Exceeded my fiber by 2- broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, and marinara sauce.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Ok. Now it's blueberries, too, and I'm 8 grams over the fiber requirement! I better go to bed before I end up going over on my calories. Jeesh.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I had met the fiber challenge, but then I exercised and it changed my totals. Now I don't meet them, poo! Team Calorie Burn challenge this weekend. Is Team Thin It to Win It going to be able to keep the title, or is another team going to get the bragging rights for the week?
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    got my 25 grams of fiber in and also drank about 2 liters of water
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    36 grams of fiber yesterday. Going to go join a new gym today that has a indoor pool. I love to swim laps for cardio. Plus I want to take some classes and they are included with your membership.
  • minni2906
    Options
    Team WLWP we got this!!! Calories burned challenge!! Starting my morning with some crunches and some leg lifts. Maybe I'll run some later! What's everyone else doing this weekend?
  • gretchen0824
    Options
    for today i am gonna do my 30ds, did some cleaning and will go on a walk laer

tomorrow my 30ds and gonna hike in the park tomorrow
  • wvualum
    Options
    Im working around the house today. I burn massive cals on the weekends because I work morning to night on some project! Maybe some dumbs after dark. Btw I got zumba fir ps3 last night. It was really hard for me I so can not dance. I will prob be doing the tutorial for a week or more. Lol. But it is fun and a good workout.
  • minni2906
    Options
    Im working around the house today. I burn massive cals on the weekends because I work morning to night on some project! Maybe some dumbs after dark. Btw I got zumba fir ps3 last night. It was really hard for me I so can not dance. I will prob be doing the tutorial for a week or more. Lol. But it is fun and a good workout.

I thought about getting that for the wii, but I have NO rhythm so I'm not sure it'd be worth it.
  • wvualum
    Options

I thought about getting that for the wii, but I have NO rhythm so I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

Me neither but just thrashing around trying burnt some serious cals. Can't imagine how good itd be if I actually could do it!