What is ONE Exercise you Despise!?!

Options

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    YogiGirlLucy Posts: 290
    Options
    I think I am in the minority, because I actually like Burpees!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    despise jumping jacks, running & squats (but I think squats is just cause I have bad knees)
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Running! Hate it!
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    Absolutely Burpees!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,164 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any long duration mild intensity cardio, although jogging would be at the top of my list. At the same time I love burpees, cycling, and a lot of other stuff people have mentioned here as stuff they hate.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I think I am in the minority, because I actually like Burpees!

I do too! You're not alone.

I would say I hate elliptical most, but sometimes I go on it anyway. Eh.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I love to hate mountain climbers and pop squats, but I dislike any cardio of a long duration. I get so freaking bored. I do much better at interval or circuit training.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Broad jumps, kills my lower back everytime!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is Lunges or Squats, they are the two exercises I loathe doing and try to convince myself my trainer won't know if I skip. She knows though commenting that they are both "weaker" than she expected.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    burpees

What is a burpee?

You start standing, squat, then put your hands on the ground infront of you , then kick your legs out behind you so that you are in a pushup position. Then you kick your feet back up into a squat position and stand back up.

My wrestling coach in HS used to kill us with those but we'd have to do a push up before the kickout and again on the way back up. Then if he really wanted to be evil he'd make us run down to the other end of the gym do a burpee with pushups, then back again and another push up. Sometimes we'd have to do 10-15 reps of this.

my old P.E. teacher called these "squat thrusts!" aka the devils exercise!
  • aprilmwilson
    aprilmwilson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the Burpees and Mountain Climbers. But my least favorite is definitely "high knees" - my trainer makes us do fast high knees for 1-2 minutes at a stretch in between sets of push-ups, squats, etc. and I HATE them.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yoga.

I hate the slowness of it. It is so boring!!
  • reggaegirl02
    reggaegirl02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is so old school. And its such a SIMPLE exercise. but I HATE Jumping Jacks. With a passion!

100000% Agreed!!! I STRONGLY DISLIKE jumping jacks!!! LOL
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    burpees

What is a burpee?

You start standing, squat, then put your hands on the ground infront of you , then kick your legs out behind you so that you are in a pushup position. Then you kick your feet back up into a squat position and stand back up.

My wrestling coach in HS used to kill us with those but we'd have to do a push up before the kickout and again on the way back up. Then if he really wanted to be evil he'd make us run down to the other end of the gym do a burpee with pushups, then back again and another push up. Sometimes we'd have to do 10-15 reps of this.

If you think regular burpees are killer, try doing them on the rounded side of a BOSU!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Stairs. Stair stepper or real stairs, doesn't matter. Hate 'em with a passion. Every time we have a fire drill (here at work), I have to walk down and back up 6 double flights of stairs, in high heels. I'm dying by the time I'm done (better than I was a year ago, but still...dying).
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Mountain climbers and stride jumps
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches.... blah....

My nemesis!
  • cdmcgrew
    cdmcgrew Posts: 2
    Options
    I hate running!!!! Great cardio but I hate it....Ugh:sad:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The turkish get up in kettlebells - arrrgh!!! xx
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

If you think regular burpees are killer, try doing them on the rounded side of a BOSU!!

The dreaded Bosu! I scared006.gif Such a great workout but I hate that thing!