What is ONE Exercise you Despise!?!

Options

Replies

• corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The dreaded Bosu! I scared006.gif Such a great workout but I hate that thing!

Hate that damn thing too. I didn't realize I was so unbalanced. My body jiggles fiercely like some crazy leg freak when doing air squats from the flat side.

Also dread burpees and mountain climbers but realize they do wonders for your fitness and core.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There are some plyometric exercises that we do at Tae Kwon Do that are a challenge. One that I can't stand doing because it just kills my calves are the one foot lunge jumps. It's basically standing on one foot and hoping across the gym (about 50m), but not just simply hoping. You have to throw your body weight forward and jump as far as you can on each "hop", and on each hop you have to raise the knee of your supporting leg towards your chest as high as it will go before bringing it back to the ground at the end of the hop.

Another tough one are the lunge jumps. You start in lunge position (one knee on floor, other leg bent 90 degrees with foot on floor in front of you). From there you jump off the ground has high as you can, cross your feet in a scissor movement and then bringing them back to starting position mid-air, and then land in the position you started in. They are hard!
  • slb106
    slb106 Posts: 70
    Options
    Prison cell push-ups from P90X (it's kind of a combination of push-ups, burpees, and mountain climbers) and most jumping exercises!
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really hate running, so many things hurt/ache when I run!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I believe I have done a burpee before. I think Bootcamp dvd has them! They aren't fun!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Squats I always get light headed and get the I wanna puke feeling.....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges...I just can't seem to balance and feel like I'm falling over.

And in reality, I truly hate cardio...my attention span is way too short.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I hear you there. I get bored so quickly. Taking up a sport heavy in cardio may help you there like soccer or dancing.
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges...I just can't seem to balance and feel like I'm falling over.

Yes, I agree with Lunges especially with weight on your shoulders. What a brutal burn!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Knee bends - because mine squeak, (it makes me want to be ill at the thought) !

I don't have falsies or anything, just very strange knees. Perhaps I need to drink more WD40 :happy:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    burpees

OMG....I loath these and then trying to jump up at the end (or begining depending on how you look at it)! UGH!!!!
    I think burpees are my least favorite; I also despise 8 count body builders and pretty close to hating mountain climbers too!!! My least favorite yoga pose is camel; my quads are always burning and my knees feel like they are going to pop!!!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' spider pushup planks, her jumping oblique twists, her squats with v-raises and finally her double jump ropes...I groan every time I get to these spots on her videos, but I know they are for my own good! Doesn't mean I like them lol!

SPIDER PUSH UP PLANKS!!!
  • Angela_MA
    Options
    I love to hate mountain climbers and pop squats, but I dislike any cardio of a long duration. I get so freaking bored. I do much better at interval or circuit training.

Long cardio training bores me to death and I do hate having to do something too long.
  • Angela_MA
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' spider pushup planks, her jumping oblique twists, her squats with v-raises and finally her double jump ropes...I groan every time I get to these spots on her videos, but I know they are for my own good! Doesn't mean I like them lol!

SPIDER PUSH UP PLANKS!!!

Can you do those?? I can just hold plank and pull my knee to my elbow. Oh and those oblique twist and jumps always get my heart pumping.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It is so old school. And its such a SIMPLE exercise. but I HATE Jumping Jacks. With a passion!

Here here makes me feel like my fat is going to rip off lol
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    running :(
  • shasslock
    shasslock Posts: 56
    Options
    I've always hated step class.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    burpees

Don't get me started on burpees.

burpees and hill climbers...G.D. those are hard
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I hate squats. OMG, I feel like I'm going to die by time i'm done. Just want to go home and take a nap.

I agree and lunges are pretty bad too. My knees really hate them both!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    sit-ups/crunches.... blah....
    With you on this. Out of all the weight resistance training exercises, abs abhor me. Good thing I kickbox alot so I don't have to spend a lot of time on abs.