A little like a dating website...

Options

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Well, you could just take a break from being self-absorbed and ignore / delete unwanted mail.

Sooo.... you're sayin you want to go out sometime??

Just seems silly to waste any energy on unwanted attention. Unwanted attention is nothing new. Neither is unsolicited email. I don't see the need for a topic on this. Unless you have a need to say "ZOMG so many peeples are sweatin me on MFP! What should I do?!?!!? The horror!"
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have heard that there are sites out there that direct "guys with game" on which sites to target women with *supposed* low self asteem issues. The theory is that low self asteem or body image = EASY. From what I heard, MFP happens to be one of the sites they recommend.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    :wink: im all for it! im here to get healthy and lose weight, but if i can find me a man on here too then thats just a double! i know people who have ended up with people from this site. i say all the more power to em. for any men readin this... i am very much single

Agreed!
    all it means is if hes on my friends list, he already knows imma gym rat, and i wont have to explain my lack of time. better yet, he can be a gym rat too and we can workout together. thats super hot!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Well, helllllllllllllo ladies.

hasselhoff.jpg
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have heard that there are sites out there that direct "guys with game" on which sites to target women with *supposed* low self asteem issues. The theory is that low self asteem or body image = EASY. From what I heard, MFP happens to be one of the sites they recommend.

I find this hilarious. And also sad. But more hilarious than sad.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    its pretty much what ever you make it here. personally i'm only here for fitness purposes, but because i clown around and am a people person i like to socialize as well outside of fitness. i'm married so i'm not looking to date but i find nothing wrong with single people here getting together
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think it is spam. i haven't had any of those yet but this is not the first I've heard.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

lol. i cant believe you told on us
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Wow..I've never gotten one of those messages. Well now I just feel like the Ugly friend among all these Beautiful ones getting Ignored. =( Oh well...I would rather be ignored than hit on by some Website perve...I guess! =)
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Rachiewoowoo Posts: 142
    Options
    Girl, I'd shag you no matter WHAT animal you were.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of amazing, inspirational and damn right sexy people on here, some of these people are bound to be attracted to each other, that's a given. Although I have spoken to friends on here who have been "stalked" and bugged by creepers too, so I guess it could be a problem sometimes?!
  • Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    "Shag like rotweillers.":noway:

HAHAHAHA! best thing I heard all day!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't get messages like that :( I guess no one wants to give it to a cupcake...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well, you could just take a break from being self-absorbed and ignore / delete unwanted mail.

Sooo.... you're sayin you want to go out sometime??

Just seems silly to waste any energy on unwanted attention. Unwanted attention is nothing new. Neither is unsolicited email. I don't see the need for a topic on this. Unless you have a need to say "ZOMG so many peeples are sweatin me on MFP! What should I do?!?!!? The horror!"

Heh. I need to lose weight, so ANY expended energy is not wasteful. Not at all. Also, I don't believe I asked "what to do" or ever in my life said "peeples". Nor did I say the emails were pouring in. Maybe I noticed the hundreds of comments on a thread asking who was single. But you're fun, especially in your twisty nature, so maybe I will start saying peeples.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I'm going to tell myself I don't get those types of messages because I'm married :laugh: :cry: lol
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't get messages like that :( I guess no one wants to give it to a cupcake...

Oh, cupcake...I would give it to you oh so good! :wink:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell myself I don't get those types of messages because I'm married :laugh: :cry: lol
    ditto and likewise...LOL!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Lol I never get those either! Well I'm always "the friend" in real life, so no surprise that persona has followed me online :tongue:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Wow..I've never gotten one of those messages. Well now I just feel like the Ugly friend among all these Beautiful ones getting Ignored. =( Oh well...I would rather be ignored than hit on by some Website perve...I guess! =)

Hush! You are a beautiful woman. The ones my friends and I have seen are just creepy - seriously. Free websites always have a level of creepy, though.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

lol. i cant believe you told on us

Errrrr, like no dude. If anyone is predatory on this site it is the women. They are only after one thing and it ain't HIIT advice.

Everytime I am in a PM conversation with a lady on here it ends up turning sexually explicit and I'm all like "Ewwww, no. Step off. That is so gross."

(Do you think anyone bought that?)