Weapons of Mass Reduction : Team August Challenge!

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Water done
    Food logged and under for the day.

Wasn't able to check to see what the challenge was so I wasn't able to do it.
  • nmeol
    nmeol Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Gary. I've been doing all the exercises and sticking to the rules regardless. Maybe you'll find a home for me yet!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    This morning I walked for 30 minutes and again, I did jumping jacks, sit-ups, leg raises and regular side leg lifts (I've asked for a modification to today's ups and downs challenge because I busted my knee... I tried to do them and my knee gave out). I won't be around tonight - I won FRONT ROW tickets to The Voice! in concert tonight... and VIP passes, too! I watched the show religiously and I voted every week so I am ECSTATIC that I won!!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just did 20 of the up and downs and I am so out of breath and feel it in my belly and the tops of my thighs! Going to post this then get the other twenty done, wow!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, Ok, I am so out of breath right now! Dang! 40 up and downs complete! If I don't feel this later it will be a miracle!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Work Out#1 of the Day Complete:
    100 Jumping Jacks
    40 Up and Downs (Burpies) - Today's Challenge
    50 Crunches
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    how many calories are burned doing 40 up & downs????
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Gary, You issued me the challenge, Here I am, I accept your challenge! I deserve this, I am worth every ounce of pain and awesome that I will endure to have the me on the outside match the me on the inside. I am a rockstar!

A little about me: I am 36 Lesbian mom of one 17 year old daughter. My highest weight was 287lbs. I have slowly gained that over the past 10 years. I was severely under eating never ate breakfast and usually only ate once per day. When I did eat it was easy convenient sodium fat laddened crap. I drank at least a 6 pack of a soda per day, not one single oz of water and never exercised. I became a hermit glued to my computer playing video games. I hated myself and who I had become. I got laid off work in 2008 and that was the beginning of my demise. Depression and sheer laziness and excuses. I started going to college to change my career. It has been the best thing I could ever do. It got me out of the house and slowly moving. I was inspired to join MFP by a fellow student. My father had double bypass surgery a couple months ago and i have borderline high blood pressure and hypothyroid. These things scared the bejeesus out of me. I want to live a long happy and healthy life. I am tired of being on the sidelines watching life like a reality TV show. I want to live it.

Starting august weight 268.2

Gary, I will message you for some more info, and thank you for believing in me! =)
  • AJDistel
    AJDistel Posts: 93
    Options
    Those up and downs were killer! I did them. It took me a while, but I did them. I think next time I'll have to modify some cause my knees are a little sore but my ankles are killing me. I had 2 hip surgeries when I was 14 and 16 so doing exercises like that are harder but I'm always gonna do my best. Good luck today everyone!
  • toots99
    Options
    Okay so those godawful up and downs are done, I know I'll come in under calories and over in water, so count my points for all that. And since I missed yesterday's challenge of 50 sit-ups, I'll be doing those today, just to support those who did them! If I get points for it, great, if not, well, I still did 'em! :)
  • kdoak87
    kdoak87 Posts: 27
    Options
    I will be over in water. Completed the up and downs (Killer!). Haven't completed my food diary but I know I will come in under cal too! Let keep it going!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Okay so those godawful up and downs are done, I know I'll come in under calories and over in water, so count my points for all that. And since I missed yesterday's challenge of 50 sit-ups, I'll be doing those today, just to support those who did them! If I get points for it, great, if not, well, I still did 'em! :)

Girl, you just gave me a HEART ATTACK at work!!!! Look at that profile pic... those arms... oh my good Lord.... mmm mmmm, thank you for SHARING!!!!! Sharing is caring.... YUM.
  • martha1485
    martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!!! I just joined officially, conviniently just checked the daily challenges and guess what... right on track.... and totally and completely sore!!!!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Toots again I appreciate the picture of me that you put up...but please refrain from putting up my pictures. These women on here can't take it. I am happily married ya know!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Welcome Martha. Glad you could join us.
  • toots99
    Options

Girl, you just gave me a HEART ATTACK at work!!!! Look at that profile pic... those arms... oh my good Lord.... mmm mmmm, thank you for SHARING!!!!! Sharing is caring.... YUM.

Hee hee! You're welcome ladies!
  • klbtransformation
    Options
    Finished ups and downs!:O on to my water and calorie goal!:) btw Gary, when will you post challenges for next week?
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I have drank my water, under cals and will do the ups and downs when I get home after my regular workout. I have my cousin over tonight, so I will have help with the kids while my husband is at the firehouse toinght. Every 3rd night sucks :( BUT, tonight I have help!!!!
    Oh and he will post next weeks challenges tomorrow.
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Team Challenge
    50 Mountain Climbers an extra challenge. Slow or fast. LET's show these other teams what we got! Are you with me!

Before you ask...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeZM-_VnRc
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Team Challenge
    50 Mountain Climbers an extra challenge. Slow or fast. LET's show these other teams what we got! Are you with me!

Before you ask...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeZM-_VnRc

Accepted!!! Those other teams are gonna wish they were weapons of mass reduction!!!