Weapons of Mass Reduction : Team August Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    SW: 255
    CW: 254.5

I am not a happy camper!!!

Can anyone re-post what this weeks challenges are?
  • klbtransformation
    Options
    I can commit to 10 miles this week
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hello all :bigsmile: ! I was in week 1 of Team D'Terminators, but dropped for various reasons. I'm still following the Challenge though. I have done every challenge thus far :bigsmile: and I lost 2.2lbs last week. I plan to keep following you all from the sidelines and keep doing the challenges with yall. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. You guys are doing a FABULOUS job!! Keep up the good work!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within! This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will need to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point.
    In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I will commit to 15 miles walked this week !
  • AJDistel
    AJDistel Posts: 93
    Options
    I plan on committing to 10 miles this week. I have a lot going on this week so this will be a stretch, but I'm gonna do it.

Here's my recipe. I love this recipe!!!

BL Sweet and sour chicken stir-fry

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
    1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt
    Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
    1 Pound Trimmed Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut Into Bite-sized Cubes
    1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
    1 Cup 1/2" Wide Strips Onion (about 1" long)
    1 Cup 1/2" Wide Strips Green Bell Pepper (about 1" long)
    2 Tablespoons Freshly Minced Garlic
    1/4 Cup Bottled Sweet & Sour Stir-fry Sauce (I used La Choy)

Directions
    In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated.

Place a large nonstick skillet or nonstick wok over high heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the garlic may burn. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.

Return the pan to high heat and add another teaspoon oil and half the chicken in a single layer. Cook until the pieces are lightly brown on the bottom. Flip the pieces and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cooked chicken the the bowl with the vegetables. Return the pan to high heat, add the remaining oil and cook the remaining chicken.

Return the vegetables and chicken to the pan to reheat if needed. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the sauce, and mix until well combined. Divide the stir-fry among 4 bowls, and serve.

Number of Servings: 4

Calories: 221.3

Total Fat: 4.9 g
    Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
    Sodium: 276.6 mg
    Total Carbs: 15.5 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
    Protein: 27.2 g
  • martha1485
    martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Greek Salad

This is one of Chef Devin Alexander's all-time favorite recipes for eating lots of veggies.

3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
    4 pitted kalamata olives, minced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4-5 tablespoons lemon juice, preferably fresh-squeezed, divided
    ½ medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
    ½ medium red or orange bell pepper, chopped
    1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
    1/3 cup finely-chopped red onion
    1 ounce (heaping 1/4 cup) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, divided
    1 small (4 ounce) grilled chicken breast, sliced (optional)

In a serving bowl, combine the parsley, olives, and garlic. Whisk in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, onion and 3 tablespoons of the cheese. Toss to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Taste and add 1 tablespoon more lemon juice, if desired. Scatter the chicken over the salad, if desired. Top with the remaining cheese.

Makes 1 entrée salad if served with chicken or 2 side salads without.

1 serving (1/2 recipe without chicken) has: 106 calories, 5 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, trace polyunsaturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 315 mg sodium
  • martha1485
    martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I commit to 15 miles!!!!!
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    I am going to commit to 10 miles, gonna try to do more but don't want to over commit =)

Here is my fav recipe!

5 Alarm Chili

2 pound lean ground turkey breast
    1 onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 zuchinni halved and sliced
    1 can no salt added corn
    14 oz pinto beans, drained
    14 oz kidney beans, drained
    28 oz diced tomatoes (sodium-free)
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    1 tsp cayenne pepper

Brown ground turkey in non-stick dutch oven or large pot along with onion, garlic and veggies over medium heat until turkey is fully cooked. Drain off any excess oil.

Add spices and beans. Stir together for 1 minute.

Add tomatoes and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer on low for 10 - 15 minutes, sitrring occasionally.

Its already in the database too:

Serving size: 1 cup
    Calories 224 Sodium 483 mg
    Total Fat 7 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 18 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 50 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
  • klbtransformation
    Options
    Great Recipe! =

1 lb chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
    1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1/2 cup crushed corn flakes (, or cheese crackers)
    1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken breast and buttermilk.
    Cover and put in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
    Combine corn flakes (or cheese crackers),italian seasoned breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in large ziploc bag.
    After chicken is chilled, drain off liquid and add to ziploc bag, shaking to coat.
    Add olive oil to shallow baking pan.
    Place chicken in pan.
    Bake for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Calories: 289.8(per serving, 1 chicken per serving) Total Fat: 12.0, Cholesterol 73.8, Sodium: 160.7, Total Carbohydrate: 6.4, Fiber: 0.3, Protein 25.3

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-chicken-fingers-18897#ixzz1US3xtTwS
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    c25k 30 minutes
    50 squat kicks
    200 tricep dips
    2 mile WATP for ABS

:smile:
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    c25k 30 minutes
    50 squat kicks
    200 tricep dips
    2 mile WATP for ABS

:smile:

You go, girl!!! I can't do those tricep dips AT ALL so more power to you! (I've tried... I just can't lift myself yet)
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not-ka pasta serves 4
    371 calories

2 tsp EVOO
    2 garlic cloves
    1/2 chopped red onion
    3/4 tsp salt
    1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
    red pepper flakes
    8 oz Penne
    1/4 Cup whipped cream
    6 TBSP evaporated non fat milk
    1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup shredded basil
    1/8 tsp black pepper

1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil
    2. In a large saucepan, heat the EVOO with the garlic over low heat until the garlic starts to brown, Add the onion and 1/4 tsp of the salt ,cover, and cook till the onion is soft. Add the tomato,1/2 tsp of the salt and the red pepper. Bring to a simmer,reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and evaporated milk and stir for 1 minute.
    3. After the sauce has cooked for 5 minutes, add the penne to the boiling water and cook till shy of al dente. Drain, reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and simmer till pasta is al dente. add the pasta cooking water if mixture is dry. Stir in the 1/4 cup of the parmesan ,basil and the black pepper.
    4. Divide and serve the pasta into 4 equal portions. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of EVOO and the remaining parmesan.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    50 squat kicks-Check!
    Water-Check
    Will be within calories-Check!
    Recipe-Check!
    Oh, and I'll do 15 miles this week. Did 4 today already. :drinker:

My favorite recipe is Pasta Carbonara!

Makes 2 servings:

4 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta
    Kraft - 100% Parmesan Cheese, 30 g (6 tbsp)
    Oscar Mayer - Bacon, 2 Skillet Cooked slices
    2 cups frozen peas
    2 oz Kraft - Fat Free Cream Cheese
    1/3 cup skim milk (I've even used nonfat vanilla soy milk and it turned out just as good!)
    1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.

Add remaining ingredients to reserved drippings; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended and heated through.

Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add cream cheese sauce and bacon; mix lightly.

413 cals 8 fat 62 carbs 28g protein 588mg sodium 10g sugar
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Exercise today:
    50 squat kicks.
    Elliptical: 30 mins, Calorie Burner prog, Level 15, 3.96km, ave 120 spm, Cals 252.
    Elliptical: 30 mins, Interval prog, peak level 20, trough level 1, ave level 9.8, 3.89km, ave 118 spm, cals 327.
    Swimmers press: 50 * 10kg
    Shoulder press: 50 * 30kg.

Team challenge of 100 miles. Over and above that which we normally do, mmmm. Most of my sessions include time and distance of some sort anyway so it's a question of when to fit it in as I normally do 60 - 90 mins each session as it is. I'll get back to you on this one.
    How are you guys who've commited already managing this?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    CC Day #19 - Vert. Pull-ups 3 sest of 30, Shoulderstand Squats 3 sets of 30.
    August Team Challenge - 50 Kick Squats
    C25k W2D1 - 1.75 Miles
  • klbtransformation
    Options
    50 squat kicks complete! Workout complete! Staying under calorie intake and drinking 8 cups of water!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Exercise today:
    50 squat kicks.
    Elliptical: 30 mins, Calorie Burner prog, Level 15, 3.96km, ave 120 spm, Cals 252.
    Elliptical: 30 mins, Interval prog, peak level 20, trough level 1, ave level 9.8, 3.89km, ave 118 spm, cals 327.
    Swimmers press: 50 * 10kg
    Shoulder press: 50 * 30kg.

Team challenge of 100 miles. Over and above that which we normally do, mmmm. Most of my sessions include time and distance of some sort anyway so it's a question of when to fit it in as I normally do 60 - 90 mins each session as it is. I'll get back to you on this one.
    How are you guys who've commited already managing this?

I normally walk a mile per day... so that would have put me at 6 miles (Mon-Sat) so I am committing to double that (for a total of 12).... and we'll also be adding an extra mile somewhere during this week's daily challenges but I didn't count that one. Does this help at all?
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Water - 18 cups (144 oz)!!!! +1
    Food - Logged and under +1
    Challenge - 50 squat kicks done (broken up into 5 sets of 10) +1
    2 miles done towards 12 mile goal this week!
    Recipe - submitted last night!

I also did:
    30 wall push-ups
    100 ab crunches
    100 leg lifts
    100 various arm reps/exercises with 2lb weights at home
    Stretching the entire body out (felt sooo good)