**Red Team Kick the Crap Out of August Challenge**

Options

Replies

• msmith5251s
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request... I hope it is not too late.
    I am looking forward to being a part of this challenge.
    :]
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I like the team name! We are going to kick some butt this August!!

I think Ive sent friend requests to everyone on the team who has posted, if ive missed you feel free to send me a friend request and ill add you!

Have a great day team!!!
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    So I just wanted to introduce myself since I should be doing a lot of communication with you all. I'm 23 and a mother to a little boy. I gained 75lbs during my pregnancy, yes, way too many lbs. I lost about 34 of those lbs after two weeks of having my son. The rest have stayed with me, and then some, for the past 3 years. It's about time I commit myself to really losing the weight. I'm hoping this challenge keeps me motivated this August.
  • Collegegal13
    Options
    Wicked excited!
  • mmpriemer
    mmpriemer Posts: 19
    Options
    I like the idea of introductions :) I am 24 and a recent college grad. During high school I was involved with a ton of activities and constantly active. Once I hit college that stopped and I spent more time in the library (and bars) than exercising. I ended up gaining 70 pounds from high school! Anyway, in October I got engaged and am getting married in December. Plus I am starting my first teaching job in August and we are in the process of buying a house. With all these important life milestones I want to be able to take pictures and use them! Also, I want to be healthy and active again so I can keep up with my future husband as we start our lives together! Look forward to working with all of you and helping each other reach our goals :)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Bump for the team!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Introduction eh?

My name is Katie, just turned 23. Always been a chubby kid, with the weight staying on throughout high school. Ballooned to 124kgs (don't use lbs in NZ so not used to it sorry lol) in 2007 and in Jan 2009 I joined WW with my mum at 112.5kgs. Lost a total of 26kgs over the year and a half I did it. Could have lost more, but plateaued bad and lost motivation at 88kgs. Crept back up to 94kgs over the past year (that was my weight when I started here).

Did an online weight loss thingee, wasn't motivated for it, so joined here again. Want to shred that final 20kgs, see how I feel and if I feel I need to lose more I will. Determined this time, though still succumbing too easily during social gatherings (last night at work, pizza and alcohol ...). I want to lose a chunk of it by October (at least a dress size) and the rest before a year of doing it is over. I will be living with my partner next year and I know marriage is on the table in the next couple of years, so I want to be looking my best!

Looking forward to working with you all and good luck!
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I wanna be in,I wanna be in!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm 26, and work shiftwork as a ER nurse. The shifts can reek havoc on my eating habits, I end up eating out too often. Looking to lose about 35lbs total, tone up and look/feel great in my own skin! Can't wait to start this challenge, I'm hoping it'll really boost my motivation.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Welp, my name is Tammy. I'm a 32 year old mom of 3. My hubby's shifts vary so my schedule does at home too. That makes late night cravings very difficult, especially when he's on seconds and I try to wait up for him to get home. I gained most of my weight AFTER my all of my pregnancies. I emphasize after because the most I gained throughout any of my pregnancies was 26 pounds and I lost all of the pregnancy weight. After the births, I would always succumb to unhealthy eating due to lack of time and energy to workout. My youngest will be 3 in September and I dropped to 146 in the Spring of 2009. I managed to gain all of that back in about a year an a half. In November 2010, I decided to join MFP to get it all off again. I teeter between 145 and 150 depending on time of the month, water weight etc. As of right now my goal weight is 135, but once I reach that, I'm going to strive for 120 as I have a smaller frame and am all of 5'2"

I'm so excited to be your team captain!!! It's going to push me to set an awesome example (I hope). I will be pushing myself harder than I've ever push myself before. I know I've asked for your goal August loss so I'll share mine...I'm hoping to loose 8 pounds in the month of August. Please know this is going to be so flipping tough for me as I've been in a plateau for what seems like forever!

So here's to kicking some August *kitten*!!!! Let's BRING IT! Oh also, I know we are all doing this for motivation and support, but please don't forget, it's also a competition ;o)

***Red Hot Arsenal***

Hell's to tha yeah!
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning these forum thingy's...but HERE I AM and ready to BRING it! Friend me!
  • missliz89
    missliz89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • lukybug
    Options
    Week One Team Challenges

AUGUST CHALLENGE

WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact me for ideas.

Week One DAILY Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with me as I have a web link to each exercise.

Week One WEEKLY Team Challenge

Each team member, in order to get the weekly team bonus points, must all log every day and not go over their target calories, and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days, our team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best, as you are much stronger than you believe. When you feel like you can't do one more, that is when you need to push.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am ready....good luck team :)
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kathy, I am 46, single mother of two. My current weight is 253.4 lbs down from 272 in April. I have been divorced for 11 years. I haven't dated since before I was married. I would love to start dating and traveling but I have to work on my self image first. A big part of this is losing weight and getting in shape. I already see a difference in my energy level. I can go for a walk for an hour without my back hurting. My goal is to weigh below 150 by the time my son graduates high school. (3years) Then start traveling. I am sick of being the person in the back of the room watching everyone else have fun. I hope losing weight will give me the confidence to get out there and join in instead of just watching.
    To lose what I have so far, I have cut calories and either walked or used elliptical for 20 to 40 minutes per day. Next step is to add strength training. This challenge should get me headed in that direction. Good luck to everyone. Let's kick some *kitten*!
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yay! So excited to start! My START WEIGHT this morning was 166.
    Intro: My name is Laura and I live in Jacksonville, FL. I am 47 years old. I've been married almost 28 years. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life. This time is DIFFERENT. I was chosen by my local NBC affiliate to participate in a 12-week weight loss contest for Moms here on Florida's First Coast. I lost 35 lbs during the 12 weeks and am up to 51 lbs lost now. I think I was chosen because I am the MOTHER of 8 kids! I work weekends caring for an Alzheimer patient in her home.
    I'm heading off to church now and can't wait to read all your bio's when I get back. xoxoxox ~L
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Question on daily challenge? Do we report when we have completed it, or just post it like regular exercise? What is an up and down? Thanks
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    We start this tomorrow(Monday) right?
  • lukybug
    Options
    The link for the Ups and Downs is - http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The Ups and Downs is the very first exercise he does. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing. Just do the first part and modify as needed.

REMEMBER ITS THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES ON THE FLOOR that's it! If you've done Insanity before, it is very similar to the suicide jumps.