**Red Team Kick the Crap Out of August Challenge**

Options

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    We start this tomorrow(Monday) right?

Correct. We start tracking on Monday August 1st. I just wanted starting weights today and take a before photo first thing in the morning (if you can).
  • lukybug
    Options
    Question on daily challenge? Do we report when we have completed it, or just post it like regular exercise? What is an up and down? Thanks

You will post when you log all your exercises for the day. But please also comment on your exercise post that it included the challenge. As when you log multiple exercises, it combines the cals to say "includes...". So it may not say, 40 up and downs or whichever exercise the challenge was for the day. Also keep in mind that when you are logging these, you may have to create the exercise in the exercise log.
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi - My name is Corinne and I'm 39. I want to be skinny (and super healthy) by my 40th birthday in June. I've tried practically every diet known to man and failed miserably. I think I'm more dedicated to learning how and why diets work rather than sticking to the them. I always lose some weight and then pack in right back on. The word diet has now become a "4 letter word" in my home. It's taken some time but I've finally accepted what my mom told me years ago - "You have to eat in moderation and exercise to lose weight". Believe it or not, I only gained 5 pounds when I was pregnant by following my mom's advice. Duh! Should have listened to my mom sooner! I guess that was my "Aha Moment". My ultimate inspiration is my son. He will be 1 in a couple of weeks and I would like to take a few nice pics with him rather than shy away from the camera as I usually do. I'm also planning to be "Hot by Halloween" and "Even Hotter by the Holidays". I love a good challenge and I think I've finally found what I've been looking for all along at MFP. =)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey Luky!! Just finshed my 64oz and 100 jumping jacks!
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    100 Jumping Jax done! 64 oz water, done! Under calories, done! 1 hr 50 min workout, done! :smokin:
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Finished my jacks, my water and stayed under my calories! Day one. . .check!
  • lukybug
    Options
    Great day so far guys. Lets keep it up! Remember tomorrow's challenge is 1 mile in addition to your normal walk,run, jog. Tomorrow's my beginning day for Insanity, but I promise to get at least a mile in, in the morning. I don't work tomorrow :o) Lucky me!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Today's going to kill me. Calves are aching from 30DS. Going to do it again + walking a mile. URRRRRRRGH. It will be slow walking.
  • o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    Woo hoo , Did the waters and jumping jacks.. Just wondering what I should post them under? Jumping jacks that is ! Thank you
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did the jumping jacks early this afternoon, drank more than enough water and have stayed under calorie goal. Now can't wait to get up early tomorrow morning to run my extra mile at the park.
  • Collegegal13
    Options
    Water and jax all done for today, I feel good! Go red team!
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Since I was really sick yesterday I will be a day behind everyone. I will do my jacks today after my turbo fire!
  • lukybug
    Options
    Woo hoo , Did the waters and jumping jacks.. Just wondering what I should post them under? Jumping jacks that is ! Thank you

Jumping jacks should have been posted under cardio section.
  • lukybug
    Options
    Everyone, we have a new team member! Please friend tbhoover. Missliz89 was no longer interested.

Thanks!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I just got assigned to the group today and so Im gonna introduce myself and play a little catch up.

My name is Bethany. I am 27years old and have 2 precious kiddos. I have been overweight most of my life. I have NEVER been at goal weight. I am currently 208 and want to lose 9lbs this month to put me at 199. That would be...GREAT. I have been married for 2 years and have been over 200lbs the whole time and want to show hubby I can be less. I started in June at 222. I am excited to get involved in this challenge. I think the accountability will be great

I guess I will start day 1 today and not take Sunday off so I will be all caught up with you guys on Monday.
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bethany!

Captain: Water done, mile done! :-)
  • lukybug
    Options
    Here's the link for the squat lunge combo later in the week http://www.ehow.com/video_2351882_squat-lunge-combo-exercise.html
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Walked extra mile , drank 13 cups of water and below on calorie count. 2 days down 29 to go. Go red team!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I really need to drink more water...
  • Kreutzy
    Kreutzy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The extra mile is done.....now I have to chug some more water.....