**Team D'Terminators - August Challenge** (closed group)

Replies

• megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    August Challenge Start weight- 181.8
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    august challenge SW: 138.8

just to clarify day 1 is aug 1st right?
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Elly (itsbigjoesgal),

Do you want our "before" pics now or at the end of the challenge? I saw somewhere that Gary said he's going to put together something with everyone's before & after pics.

~Cheryl
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Elly, Will you please post the weblink for Day 4's Up & Downs exercise?

'Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise."
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Last post for a bit...

I e-mailed my SW, which is 166.0.

My e-mail is CKK3LJA@yahoo.com. I have access to e-mail at all times where I don't have constant access to MFP.

Thanks,
    Cheryl
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Hey everyone! Im super excited for tomorrow and ready to bring my A game!

Starting weight for August is 249. Also I think I understand for each team member to be awarded points for the week, we each gave to update our weigh in on the site, not just post on our thread right?

Thanks!
  • August Challenge Start weight- 160.8

What are UP and DOWN's?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Here is the link to UP & Downs, I will post this on day 3 as well so you don't have to worry about searching for the post:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

Remember it is a CARDIO exercise so should be done at a pace that gets your heart rate going. I encourage all of you to at least try it .. and push yourself, as I know you are stronger than you think! However, if you cannot do the exercise a modified version would be:

Go down to a full squat, jump back down, squat, jump, squat jump

or

you could go down, walk out, walk in, jump up (instead of pouncing like he is)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    SW 345 (my scale only goes up to 339.0 so if I still have an error by next sunday what do I do?) But I hope with the extra workouts I'll be dropping the much needed weight!

Good Question. Personally I would take a "0" then as your weight reaches 339.0 you would take the big number since your starting weight is 345. The team does not lose points if you do not weigh/do not lose weight. Each person gets "1" point per lbs lost.. so if week one you scale does not read 339.00 you could take that "0" and then week two if your scale reads 336.00 you would get "9" points for the 9lb loss?

Other than that, if you go to the gym maybe they have a scale that would work, or a dr's office.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Hey everyone! Im super excited for tomorrow and ready to bring my A game!

Starting weight for August is 249. Also I think I understand for each team member to be awarded points for the week, we each gave to update our weigh in on the site, not just post on our thread right?

Thanks!

To be an official loss, you should have updated your MFP with your most recent weight. Remember your nutritional values change as your weight changes. As long as I get your weight via email/forum/private message we are good.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Also if everyone could please send me their before pictures to:

elly.sedivy@yahoo.com
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    SW 345 (my scale only goes up to 339.0 so if I still have an error by next sunday what do I do?) But I hope with the extra workouts I'll be dropping the much needed weight!

Good Question. Personally I would take a "0" then as your weight reaches 339.0 you would take the big number since your starting weight is 345. The team does not lose points if you do not weigh/do not lose weight. Each person gets "1" point per lbs lost.. so if week one you scale does not read 339.00 you could take that "0" and then week two if your scale reads 336.00 you would get "9" points for the 9lb loss?

Other than that, if you go to the gym maybe they have a scale that would work, or a dr's office.

i weighed in at our hotel yesterday... lol.. but my scale will say 339.0 by Saturday damnit or I'll quit! i've already done most of tihs weeks challenge, not to competely, but to just get ready for tomorrow.. jumping jacks will be done by 8am tomorrow :) and then Zumba tomorrow night :) YAY :)
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    for the before picture should it be flesh baring or just fully clothed?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥

i weighed in at our hotel yesterday... lol.. but my scale will say 339.0 by Saturday damnit or I'll quit! i've already done most of tihs weeks challenge, not to competely, but to just get ready for tomorrow.. jumping jacks will be done by 8am tomorrow :) and then Zumba tomorrow night :) YAY :)

Determination!! LOVE IT
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Here is the point system guys... remember we want the most points, so we need everyone to participate EVERYDAY!

1 point per lb loss (right now I still need 12 members starting weight, please get that into me asap)

1 point per person for daily challenges completed ; 5 bonus points if the whole team logs the challenge every day = 131 possible points

Day 1: 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 2: Walk/run/jog 1 EXTRA mile
    Day 3: 50 situps/crunches
    Day 4: 100 ups and downs
    Day 5: 25 pushups
    Day 6: 25 squat lunges

1 point per person per day for completing the weekly challenge; you must stay within your calorie goal and drink 64 oz of water per day at which you will receive 1 point , 5 bonus points if every team member does this all 6 days = 131 points

So there is a possible 262 points plus lbs lost points!!! I know we can do this peeps, let's keep on top of this!
  • megabux
    Sounds awesome, I am so ready! E-mailing you my pic now, tank and shorts, i figured you didnt need to see me in less than that...its not pretty :P LOL
    So to clarify, when we complete things (our daily challenge, our diary for the day, our 64oz of water and our weigh in) we should post it here AND through our normal MFP that way you dont have to search through your news feed to get updates yes?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Sounds awesome, I am so ready! E-mailing you my pic now, tank and shorts, i figured you didnt need to see me in less than that...its not pretty :P LOL
    So to clarify, when we complete things (our daily challenge, our diary for the day, our 64oz of water and our weigh in) we should post it here AND through our normal MFP that way you dont have to search through your news feed to get updates yes?
    [/quote

It would be really helpful if everyone posted their progress once a day.. (instead of separate posts) ... here in the forum.

I got your pic!
  • megabux
    [/quote

It would be really helpful if everyone posted their progress once a day.. (instead of separate posts) ... here in the forum.

I got your pic!
    Perfect! Consider it done! :D
  • Hey tryontish starting weight is 219lbs height 5'4. We can kick the august butt!!!
  • JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Here is the point system guys... remember we want the most points, so we need everyone to participate EVERYDAY!

1 point per lb loss (right now I still need 12 members starting weight, please get that into me asap)

1 point per person for daily challenges completed ; 5 bonus points if the whole team logs the challenge every day = 131 possible points

Day 1: 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 2: Walk/run/jog 1 EXTRA mile
    Day 3: 50 situps/crunches
    Day 4: 100 ups and downs
    Day 5: 25 pushups
    Day 6: 25 squat lunges

1 point per person per day for completing the weekly challenge; you must stay within your calorie goal and drink 64 oz of water per day at which you will receive 1 point , 5 bonus points if every team member does this all 6 days = 131 points

So there is a possible 262 points plus lbs lost points!!! I know we can do this peeps, let's keep on top of this!

is it the same program every week in august or will it change??? so i know what to put in my calendar