August Walking Challenge - Don't sweat it!

Options

Replies

• mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did 2.4 miles (1.4 more than I planned but felt good so I kept going) in 42 minutes!!! 5 weeks ago when I started MFP, I was really struggling to walk 2 miles! August is going to be a good month :)
  • faithie04rn
    faithie04rn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Walked 4.2 miles to day in 1 hr 13 min. It felt good but now my legs hurt! Im excited to go tomorrow though... Im going to a lake trail! So peaceful. 45.8 miles to go!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    OOh I would love to join in this challenge, I usually take little walks with the stroller but I want to make them longer and more effective.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Can I add my lil timed sprints? Total time today =60min. Time left 900 min :) not bad since my Gf wanted to stop 30 min in but I dragged her butt with me for another 30 lol she wasn't very happy but she finished with me :)

I don't see why not :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    OOh I would love to join in this challenge, I usually take little walks with the stroller but I want to make them longer and more effective.

Jump it, the more the merrier :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    36 minutes today! :)
  • danyelfrog
    Options
    I'm going to do it! Set my goal for 60 miles, not sure if it's a good one but I'll give it my best shot! :)
  • Sleepymum
    Options
    Hope I can join you all. I have been using MFP mainly to log my cals which has been going well so far, but I really need to up the exercise and get my *kitten* in gear.

By signing up for this I am hoping that it will keep me motivated and get me active for the month of August.

My aim is to get in about 30 mins of walking (either on the roads or treadmill), at least 5 times a week!, anything else will be a bonus!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    146.98 miles for July total

5.56 miles yesterday (1st Aug)

5.56 miles today
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Hows everyone doing, got my first mile in yesterday, plan on upping that today! =)
  • danyelfrog
    Options
    Walked/ran 3.9 miles today! But now my legs are tired because I also was running yesterday so i might have to rest for a day or two :(
  • janielee78
    Options
    I would like to join this walking group!
  • janielee78
    Options
    How do I know what to set as my goal?
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    jlweber,

I just started walking for exercise in July and set my goal for 30 minutes a day, five days per week, for 600 minutes a month, which looks like what you set on your tracker. I met my goal plus another 200 minutes, but I pushed myself. My goal for this month is 800 minutes.

Today, 48 min 24 sec., 2.78 miles, 3.45 MPH (RunKeeper), 686 calories burned (Polar F11)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Back at it today. :happy: I walked 25 minutes today. :bigsmile:

I changed my ticker to minutes instead of miles. Easier for me.

I did walk on the weekend and bike ride but I was away and
    didn't track it.

So August here I come !!!
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    August 2nd: 15 minutes walk only :/
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I got forty minutes in today going back and forth to the park, Hoping to take another walk later and make up for the lack of walking yesterday.
  • ACECALHOUN
    Options

exercise.png
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    done 2 miles today.

nina
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I used to walk with my dog and do the Leslie Sansone dvd's but stopped walking when I started the Couch to 5K program this summer. My dog is missing her walks so I need to do it along with C25K. Thanks for the challenge and motivation.

Nikki