August Walking Challenge - Don't sweat it!

Options

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    First time creating a ticker and managed to create a monthly goal of only 100 minutes. So I'm now at 350 minutes per week, which is a total of 1,400 for the month!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1.4 miles today. It was SO HOT already at 7:00 that I was dripping sweat-so gross but so worth it :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Only 1.1 miles today - that's 3.6 for the month - didn't get a lot done walking wise but it's been a busy day. Work, then book night for my daughter's first year of school, then home to rearrange their bedroom - spent an hour and a half in there, now they are sleeping so moving to their playroom to work on it! At least no more lifting furniture tonight, but gotta organize!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am new at all this. My goal for the month will be to walk for 600 minutes. I just started to exercise a month ago, so this will help me be accountable for my exercise. I am hoping to get through this plateau.
  • Sleepymum
    Options
    I got in 25 mins of treadmill yesterday!, Will add 5 extra mins onto tonight!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5.56 miles
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is 310,000 steps, 10,000 a day. Now off to create a motivating ticker.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I started cross training today with resistance bands so no walking. I will be wakling Tue, Thu, Sat and Sun. so I won't make my goal of 800 minutes this month. However I worked out for 37 minutes and 40 seconds and burned 369 calories (Polar F11)
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok so my August goal is 150 miles.

So far I'm at 9.25 as of 08/02/11. We've had county fair this week so I've been able to get the miles in a little easier with all the running around I've been doing. Good luck everyone!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Humid today - 25 mins. walking :ohwell:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    pmorgan813,

Watch out for those county fairs. When we went to ours last month, a funnel cake and smoked jumbo turkey leg just up and jumped right into my mouth.
  • snthoma7
    snthoma7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I just started walking... My goal is to walk at least twice a day. So far I've done about 20 minutes in the morning and another 20 at night!
  • Lashley01
    Lashley01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm completely new to this but I can definitely walk. Count me in! This seems like such a welcoming place!
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    I walked 2.0 miles day, Havent been able to say that since I was about 17 haha Baby steps, one mile at a time! Felt good! =)
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal for July so I'm upping this one to 120 miles, i'll be back when i've totaled my miles so far
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    Smart phone users can download a free app called Endomondo or just go to their website. It tracks miles walked and and calories burned it also keeps the history on your phone for later use.
  • bahamamama2
    Options
    I'm in for August. I speed walk 5 days a week; in NYC that's pretty difficult to do on the street but I look at the tourists and vendors as obstacles or hurdles.
  • amie031182
    amie031182 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge as well. I don't know where to set my goal...so I will start with 2 miles a day 4 days a week so 32 miles.
  • gmhvin
    gmhvin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will check this challenge out when I get home from work. Thanks
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It is sooo humid out! I'm glad my husband finally set up the treadmill for me and was able to get in 4.3 miles. I'm out of the heat but now a little harder to pass the time, I love to look at everyone's houses and gardens when I walk in my neighbourhood.