[CLOSED GROUP] TEAM CURVETTES - AUGUST CHALLENGE

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HEY CURVETTE'S

I just printed out the routine, and i'm going to place it on the fridge.

GOOD LUCK ALL! I may get a lil dizzy from the globe jumps.... I'm looking foward to this week.

Oh Snap i did the same thing.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    hey curvettes,

with all the changes that have been going on with our team, I just wanted you all to have a list of the final line up. Be sure your teammates are on your friends list because it will only help us in encouraging and motivating each other...

lisahill5 - LISA
    sasha_bear - SASHA
    Hottness4Lyfe - TONIA
    sweetsapphire85 - MEG
    absolutelyangel - ANGEL
    divadoll41 - DARLENE
    froussea - FARAH
    wrgawife - THERON
    andrea_alexis_1980 - ANDREA
    Lladonna - LADONNA
    llkeefe - LINDA
    MsLadyVirgo - TINE
    chantell17 - CHANTELL
    upinthecosmos - MELANIE
    chika1978 - CHIKA
    CavewomanCoby - COBY
    Tamarashoemaker88 - TAMARA
    brightycc - SHELLY
    2LUVME - LOVE
    blessed1976 - SHEREKA
    Nikki_GodzPrincess - NIKKI
    misskeke86 - KEKE
    cutelashawn - LASHAWN
    rachrach66 - RACHAEL
    MissDwood - DANIELLE
    ladyknuckles - TANYA
    JRena225 - JAMIE

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

****Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*** - be sure to squat down and come up to a kick with the left and right leg...I was only doing 1 leg and counting that as one.....**see video**
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

****Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)

* You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

****Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

****Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

****Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

****Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two - Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point.

In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended*

Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information or modifications. LET'S GET IT CURVETTE'S!!!! #LEGGO

***A FEW MORE NOTES***

REMEMBER THE 100 MILE CHALLENGE NEEDS TO BE DONE IN ADDITION TO YOUR NORMAL WORKOUT...I HAVE GOTTEN VOLUNTEER MILES FROM 12 CURVETTES SO IF YOU HAVE NOT EMAILED ME HOW MANY MILES YOU CAN DO, PLEASE DO SO ASAP

YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO CONTACT ME WITH YOUR WATER INTAKE OR IF YOU STAYED UNDER CALORIES....THIS WEEK, EVERY DAY YOU COMPLETE EXTRA MILES TOWARDS YOUR GOAL, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH THE NUMBER...

ALSO AS FAR AS THE RECIPE CHALLENGE GOES, JUST TRY TO SEARCH FOR SOME IDEAS THIS WEEK AND WE WILL SEE WHAT EVERYONE COMES UP WITH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK...
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Andrea_Alexis_1980 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sounds Good I'm ready For This !
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    bump
  • cutelashawn
    Options
    BUMP
    IM READY
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    HEY CURVETTE'S,

I know that these routines are in addition to our regular workouts. My regular workouts consist of:

***full body strength training: pilates w/fitness ring, turbo jam's sculpting routine, ms lady's circuit training
    ***full body alternate: turbo jam's lower body jam w/upper body circuit training.

Pilates helps me get through the remainder of my workouts - because of the core strengthening - and it helps w/my back problems. The given routine is: *upper one day, *lower the next....

I would like to get in at least 2 pilates workouts this week, so that I may have the ability to incorporate my normal routines....

Q: Would there be an issue if i combined the strength training workouts? e.g.
    Monday: Squat Kicks w/Swimmer presses
    Tuesday: Extra Mile
    Wednesday: normal exercise challenge
    Thursday: 21's w/Knee Raises (alternative to stair climbs)
    Friday: Globe Jumps w/JJ's
    Saturday: normal exercise challenge

The cardio workouts are not a concern. It's the strength training routines that conflict w/my normal routines. PLEASE HELP!
    Any suggestions? I WANNA PUSH HARDER THIS WEEK. :bigsmile:
  • PhatChic1186
    Options
    Looks like Im going to need me a massage after all this...WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!!
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning team mates. @ work already. Boy !!!!! I was felling those squat Kicks; but got thru them; including extra mile and regular workout for today. Haven't done the Swimmer presses yet. But will do it later; including. abs. Have yourself a great day.!!!
  • JRena225
    Options
    Good morning team mates. @ work already. Boy !!!!! I was felling those squat Kicks; but got thru them; including extra mile and regular workout for today. Haven't done the Swimmer presses yet. But will do it later; including. abs. Have yourself a great day.!!!

Swimmers are for tomorrow Farah...
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey Keyonna,

I had to get one last weekend. The Pilates & Massages helps out a lot. :-)
    Looks like Im going to need me a massage after all this...WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!!
  • PhatChic1186
    Options
    Hey Tine!!!
    I love getting massages...Pilates, what..get it girl...Im tryin to learn how to do that one day..
    Hey Keyonna,

I had to get one last weekend. The Pilates & Massages helps out a lot. :-)
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JRena225
    Options
    HEY CURVETTE'S,

I know that these routines are in addition to our regular workouts. My regular workouts consist of:

***full body strength training: pilates w/fitness ring, turbo jam's sculpting routine, ms lady's circuit training
    ***full body alternate: turbo jam's lower body jam w/upper body circuit training.

Pilates helps me get through the remainder of my workouts - because of the core strengthening - and it helps w/my back problems. The given routine is: *upper one day, *lower the next....

I would like to get in at least 2 pilates workouts this week, so that I may have the ability to incorporate my normal routines....

Q: Would there be an issue if i combined the strength training workouts? e.g.
    Monday: Squat Kicks w/Swimmer presses
    Tuesday: Extra Mile
    Wednesday: normal exercise challenge
    Thursday: 21's w/Knee Raises (alternative to stair climbs)
    Friday: Globe Jumps w/JJ's
    Saturday: normal exercise challenge

The cardio workouts are not a concern. It's the strength training routines that conflict w/my normal routines. PLEASE HELP!
    Any suggestions? I WANNA PUSH HARDER THIS WEEK. :bigsmile:

This should not be a problem at all. The point is to get your exercising every day. In your case, it's not like you are skipping a day of working out, you are just wanting to combine certain ones with your current routine. I have no problem with that.

Just do me a favor and when every you complete one of the challenge exercises, just email and state what workout you did so that I can mark it on the sheet.

thanks and good luck, you are doing great!
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good night MFP"s. Checking on my peeps. Hope all is well. Did the challenge for today. Turning in early to get a head strat for tomorrow morning. Hitting hard as always. Great Job to everyone. MFP's is doing their thing. U all are awesome!!!. Keep it going; will pay off in big Dividends. See ya tomorrow!!!
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    The past two days have blown for me! Here's to hoping that tomorrow is a better, more healthy one!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    233 ahhhh just one point! I guess someone did eat that cake I sent over. mwaa hahahahahah. All joking aside. A phenomenal result ladies. I'm tremendously proud of you! Keep up the phenomenal work and remember that we are all in this together working toward one goal!

And a side note....second isn't that bad....I hear anyway.

WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION RULE!
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Andrea_Alexis_1980 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Second place Hellll NOOOO lol Ladies we shall prove him WRONG !!!!
  • JRena225
    Options
    WE ACTUALLY CAME IN FIRST WITH 236 POINTS!!!!!!
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    bump