The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I definitely get headaches when I'm not eating a lot!!!! Workouts become more difficult too!!!!

Good week so far, well except for my usual sunday splurge. I am so excited for my weekend....sad its only wednesday :laugh:
    I will be indulging saturday....we are going to our favorite restaurant/bar, they have the most amazing beer selection. As usual, I should be fine with food, we usual split everything when we go...their food is amazing too. All fresh local ingredients!!! I'm gonna get a great workout in saturday....much to my husbands dismay, we will probably be there 90-120mins!!!! He usually leaves and goes over to the wegmans to browse the beer selection...he can't hang, teehee :wink:

I was able to add 10mins to my cardio yesterday and depending how I feel after work I might add some yoga. I have a quick 15min vinyasa I do sometimes....maybe I'll do it twice! I don't think I'll be able to add everyday, but atleast I'll get some in. Ankle has been holding out....still sore though, its really weird and I really wanna make sure its 100% before I start jogging again!

How is everyone else's week going??? Any fun plans for the weekend???
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Goodness, we are already talking about the weekend?! I just need to get through today, lol! If I do what I'm supposed to I will be working on all those assignments that kick my bum during the week.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh yes...weekend planning and thinking happens monday morning, haha!!!! I obviously don't enjoy my job :wink:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Think I am going to try something different next week.....I'm not going to eat my exercise calories back monday-friday, that way if I go over on the weekend I should still average a weekly deficit????
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. yeah I haven't been eating my deficits either. (I haven't seen a scale in a good month so I can't tell you how it's working). I have found that on days that I don't eat a large portion of my calories, I have the next day hunger. Today I am so so hungry! I've just been eating as the hunger occurs because I am probably hungry for a reason. As such, I don't think I'll be logging today. lol
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Think I am going to try something different next week.....I'm not going to eat my exercise calories back monday-friday, that way if I go over on the weekend I should still average a weekly deficit????

I dropped my calories and am not eating back exercise calories. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now. I lost a half pound the first week , another half pound the second week, and 2 pounds so far this week. Wednesday I weighed in at 125......which is an all new low. If I go into the 124s than I will consider my plateau broken!!!!!!
  • midnight8
    Options
    So I'm currently eating 1200 cals.... If I put my weight lose at 1/2 lb a week, then it setts me at 1530. I feel like all I am doing is gaining at 1200, but 1530 seems high to still lose weight. Watcha think?
  • vsetter
    Options
    So I'm currently eating 1200 cals.... If I put my weight lose at 1/2 lb a week, then it setts me at 1530. I feel like all I am doing is gaining at 1200, but 1530 seems high to still lose weight. Watcha think?

My maintenance calories are around 1800 calories per day. So 1530 makes sense for a half of a pound. Did you lose weight before at 1200? Maybe bump up for a little while, see what happens, and then come back down if needed. Some folks lose weight by adding calories to their diet.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    WOW Val, your maintence calories are that high...that's amazing!!! I think mine come in around 1600! You must be way more active at work than I am...sitting here all day long is basically what I do.

Val-you have been losing like crazy that is so awesome. I hope I can mix things up a bit next week and see a lose. Honestly, I know that the 1.2lbs that I want to lose, isn't going to make much of a difference in my appearance, but mentally I just wanna get there!!!!

Midnight-don't be afraid to try something different. If what you are doing now isn't showing results you really want to switch things up and see what works for you!! I never lost at 1200. Good luck!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Val-you have been losing like crazy that is so awesome. I hope I can mix things up a bit next week and see a lose. Honestly, I know that the 1.2lbs that I want to lose, isn't going to make much of a difference in my appearance, but mentally I just wanna get there!!!!

I think 1.2 pounds at this stage does make a difference in appearance. As I get smaller, the bigger the difference each pound seems to make. For me, I can be at 118 and fine, but by 117 my hips are sticking out (I've been there before -- two or three times). That is why I weighed myself mid-week --- I was feeling and looking thinner (at least in my head).
  • vsetter
    Options
    Totally off topic --- I ran into an old beau last night. He made a comment about my hair and that it was okay because I was a mom. A MOM HAIRCUT!!!!!!! REALLY?????? That makes me like it even less. I am so bummed today, in part becaue of this comment. I just wish it would grow a little faster!

And that is the comment I get --- even though I was wearing some pretty hot jeans (which my *kitten* looked great in) and a tank (which my abs and boobs looked good too).?????

My response was......well first it was fu** you (in a playful way, of course)........and then I responded that it was better than no hair at all.

I know that I shouldn't care, but I do......
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Totally off topic --- I ran into an old beau last night. He made a comment about my hair and that it was okay because I was a mom. A MOM HAIRCUT!!!!!!! REALLY?????? That makes me like it even less. I am so bummed today, in part becaue of this comment. I just wish it would grow a little faster!

And that is the comment I get --- even though I was wearing some pretty hot jeans (which my *kitten* looked great in) and a tank (which my abs and boobs looked good too).?????

My response was......well first it was fu** you (in a playful way, of course)........and then I responded that it was better than no hair at all.

I know that I shouldn't care, but I do......

First off....what a D-BAG!!!!! Who says something like that, haha!!!!
    I think you hair looks super cute!!! And it will grow back, just not as fast as you would like and YES, short hair is WAY better than none. You have come such a long way, don't let someone's inconsiderate comment get you down!!!!!
    You are gorgeous and strong and a HOT MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I totally would have said F YOU, BUDDY!!!!!!!! :tongue:
  • midnight8
    Options
    Thank u girls! U are all so encouraging...... :)
  • vsetter
    Options
    Hi all.

Well I had a great week. Although I woke up this morning at 127, I spent most of my week at 125 -- which is an all new low for me. Last night hubby and I went out to dinner, plus I am expecting my TOM soon, so I believe that is why this morning might be higher. If I can drop into the 124s next week or so --- I'm going to say that my plateau is broken. Fingers crossed.....

This week I did 3 days of strength ---- the rest was filled with Turbo Fire cardio. My calories have been low and my exercise intensity high!

BUT --- my water and protein SUCKED!!!!

OH ---- and the challenge did not happen for me. My workouts have been so intense that I can't even add another minute.

Separately --- regarding this thread ---
    Although we have 2 weeks left, it seems that our group is fading. Every week, less and less are reporting.....and not many are using the board for motivation. I'm not saying this is bad; it's just an observation. That is why I haven't put up a new chart recently -- I don't have much weekly information for it.

So....for those still in it ---- how do you want to push out the last 2 weeks????? Any special challenges to make that last pound disappear???? Even though I don't have the information from everyone --- would you like to see the point chart???? At the end, if you want to see it, I can also post the weight and inches lost chart. I need a little bit of guidance. Thanks!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

Weight is that same 129.2-shocker no change!!!

Sunday-Rest
    Monday-2mile walk
    Tuesday-Circuits/cardio/strength (extra 10mins on stepmill)
    Wednesday-Cardio and Strength
    Thursday-Circuits/Cardio/Strength (extra 10mins on stepmill)
    Friday-Cardio and Strength (extra 10mins on treadmill)
    Saturday-Circuits/Cardio/Strength (extra 10mins on stepmill)

Didn't get everyday with extra cardio but I'm happy with myself :bigsmile:
    Had a good week with eating...except for last sunday (as usual) and I was slightly over yesterday but nothing crazy, considering we drank beers and had a marathon eating experience!!

I am in love with planks at the moment. I have been doing an ab routine for about 3wks and I can really notice a difference. Also, I have been doing circuits 3x's a week and my thighs looked bigger, so I measured and they are actually down 1/4in....optical illusion I guess....they are getting tighter, woohoo!!!!!

Excited for my experiment next week...no exercise calories monday-friday so I have a nice cushion for the weekend, and the goal is to end the week with a deficit. Fingers crossed I might actually lose something :happy:

Enjoy your day everyone!!! I will be having a pumpkin beer tasting with my Babes, making pork carnitas and pumpkin chocolate chip bread, watching some football and playing some video games, VERY excited!!!
    XOXO
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi all.

Well I had a great week. Although I woke up this morning at 127, I spent most of my week at 125 -- which is an all new low for me. Last night hubby and I went out to dinner, plus I am expecting my TOM soon, so I believe that is why this morning might be higher. If I can drop into the 124s next week or so --- I'm going to say that my plateau is broken. Fingers crossed.....

This week I did 3 days of strength ---- the rest was filled with Turbo Fire cardio. My calories have been low and my exercise intensity high!

BUT --- my water and protein SUCKED!!!!

OH ---- and the challenge did not happen for me. My workouts have been so intense that I can't even add another minute.

Separately --- regarding this thread ---
    Although we have 2 weeks left, it seems that our group is fading. Every week, less and less are reporting.....and not many are using the board for motivation. I'm not saying this is bad; it's just an observation. That is why I haven't put up a new chart recently -- I don't have much weekly information for it.

So....for those still in it ---- how do you want to push out the last 2 weeks????? Any special challenges to make that last pound disappear???? Even though I don't have the information from everyone --- would you like to see the point chart???? At the end, if you want to see it, I can also post the weight and inches lost chart. I need a little bit of guidance. Thanks!!!

I'm ok with waiting the two weeks for the charts. This thread has become more of a comfort zone and support system than anything else!!! I hope we can still post and keep up with each other after then too :happy:
    XOXO
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    K -- Oh lordy, I love carnitas. <3

Val -- Your interaction with that guy showed some very good reason as to why he's your ex. ;D

So...134.8! Personal low. I'm counting it as 135, though. I think it's the protein/carbs ratio. I know weight loss, at its most basic level is calories in vs. calories out, but when a lot of those calories are carby, it's harder to keep it off. I can't face reducing overall right now.

Sunday: Circuit Training
    Monday: Kickboxing (I SO miss martial arts...)
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Circuit Training
    Thursday: Zumba
    Friday: Yoga (This video on YouTube, I think HRM said 74 minutes active: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLi93EIHx5o )
    Saturday: Rest

Regarding the chart-- I can take it or leave it. But I still love the support here throughout the week (even though I don't post during the week sometimes).

For challenges, how about for the last week, we revisit our week one challenge to see how much stronger we've gotten? This week, I've got no idea, though. : /
  • vsetter
    Options
    What was our first challenge???

Hey -- I just weighed myself post-workout AND I was 125. I like that better......so that is my I am considering my weigh-in for today!!!! Down 2 pounds from last Sunday!!!!!!!

Congrats cheshirechic on your new low!!!!! You've been watching your protein and it has really paid off for you :happy:
  • maggyrose5113
    maggyrose5113 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Maggie. I am new to your group, but appreciate the fact that I can be included. I have a stubborn last 10 pounds or so to lose. I say "or so" because I am short (5 ft.) and weigh 123 lbs. I started at 179 pounds! in May, 2010. MFP is a fabulous source. For me, it was the best method for weight loss. But, these last few pounds seem to fluctuate and I am very frustrated. I have weighed as low as 117, and I am sized between a 6 and 8 in clothes. I can't afford the luxury of a greater weight, because I like wearing the size 6! I exercise on my treadmill, but not as often as I would like or should. I think that your group may be able to provide motivation that I am seeking. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey guys, been reading fitnessblack.com. Its a blog by this guy Rusty Moore and he has some great stuff about staying lean and gaining strenght rather than muscle and bulking. Thought I'd share :bigsmile: