The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well Ladies --- I didn't like yesterday's weight, so I thought that I would try again this morning. WELL.....no better. So here's what I've got going on.....

Weight bounced up from 125 to 128 --- FUN!
    But --- my measurements did drop some.

waist --- 25.5 (down 0.25)
    lower abs --- 32 (down 1.5)
    hips --- 37.5 (same)
    thighs --- 21.75 (down 0.25)
    arms --- 11 (same)

Since the start of this challenge, I have gained one pound if you count today. OR lost 2 pounds if we go by the low end of my range. I have lost 3.25 inches.

cheshirechic --- according to my numbers, you lost 3.2 pounds and 3 inches!!!!!!! That is fabulous!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

I'll post a final chart of everyone's losses, once we hear from everyone!!!!! Great job with this challenge.
  • vsetter
    Options
    SO --- I'm thinking that we keep the board up and going after the official challenge is complete. Maybe start a clean one??? One that we could use for friendly notes and support and motivation. A place to check in with progress????

What do you guys think?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    :heart: that idea Val.....I really enjoy chatting about our ups and downs and its keeps me accountable too!!

xoxo
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great job on the loss of inches CC and Val!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So I am totally obsessing over body fat today...there is no possible way that mine can be so low....I'd think I'd have A LOT more muscle definition if that was the case. I do have some definition but not to a crazy level, so think I will have my husband do it again, even though he says that he measured accurately and followed the instructions as written. His body fat measured really low as well!
    Anyone have any suggestions or tips? How do you measure your body fat?

xoxo
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks V and K! <3

I'd love to keep the board up, or have a new one. I know my goals have changed (get as close to protein as possible, ALWAYS stay under carbs, etc.), so it would be nice to set some new ones. ;D
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So how is everyone's week going???
    Halloween we went out to dinner and I ate ENTIRELY too much food, but the rest of my week should work out well. Weight was really up today, BOOO!!! Not weighing again until the weekend!

So this week, I started Ripped in 30 (doing every other day) and C25K. I did my first day of Ripped last night and it wan't too bad. If you've done the shred, it's fairly easy, FAIRLY!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday...one day closer to friday YAY!!!!
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    K-- I LOVE RI30! It's definitely in my rotation.

I'm sick, but still going to work. Appetite is zero, and I find that after I exercise (very moderately, bc of stuffiness), my sinuses completely clear. I'm trying to use my Neti pot, but I've always failed at that, too. Blech.

The wedding was amazing, and we have another one to go to this weekend. But, because of being sick and it being an afternoon wedding (requiring quite a drive), I doubt it will be the binge that the last one was.

Ditto to happy Wednesday! Hope your (as in everyone!) week is going well too <3
  • kblue2007
    Options
    K-- I LOVE RI30! It's definitely in my rotation.

I'm sick, but still going to work. Appetite is zero, and I find that after I exercise (very moderately, bc of stuffiness), my sinuses completely clear. I'm trying to use my Neti pot, but I've always failed at that, too. Blech.

The wedding was amazing, and we have another one to go to this weekend. But, because of being sick and it being an afternoon wedding (requiring quite a drive), I doubt it will be the binge that the last one was.

Ditto to happy Wednesday! Hope your (as in everyone!) week is going well too <3

Oh snap for got about the wedding!! So glad you had a good time! Hope you feel better girl!!! xoxo
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great job so far ladies!!!

Well......Monday, 10/31, I weighed in at 151.1. Up from my original weigh-in, but down from the few I gained. :(

BUT....it looks like I lost inches - so I'm happy with that!

Arms - 12"
    Chest - 34-1/2"
    Waist - 30-1/2"
    Lower Belly - 35"
    Hips - 38-1/2"
    Thighs - 24"
    Calves- 14-1/2"

I ordered 30DS AND a HRM - thought they'd be here today, alas they are not. Wouldn't start until Monday anyway. I'm concerned about the fatigue to my muscles & my normal practice of resting a day between. Those of you who have done it - do you think I could alternate 30 DS w/my yoga or walking??

Would be nice to have another chat board to check in with everyone now that the challenge is over - even though I was a slacker -it was still inspirational to read about everyone's successes (and struggles - knowing I wasn't alone)!

Congrats on your accomplishments and only the best to you as you continue towards whatever goal you strive to achieve next!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Yeah congrats on the loss of inches Girl!!!!
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Hi everyone! I totally forgot to check in on Sunday... this past weekend was non-stop school work for a big deadline on Monday. I had no time to workout this last week, and as of last night I have yet another cold. Usually I'm the one person who doesn't get the flu when everyone else has it, so I don't know what's going on with my immune system lately. Anyway, the weight I lost has managed to stay off (I'm at 131.5 or so everyday), which is down a few pounds from where I started with this challenge. All the measurements are still the same though. Looking forward to seeing the final chart!
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    Great job so far ladies!!!

Well......Monday, 10/31, I weighed in at 151.1. Up from my original weigh-in, but down from the few I gained. :(

Arms - 12"
    Chest - 34-1/2"
    Waist - 30-1/2"
    Lower Belly - 35"
    Hips - 38-1/2"
    Thighs - 24"
    Calves- 14-1/2"

I ordered 30DS AND a HRM - thought they'd be here today, alas they are not. Wouldn't start until Monday anyway. I'm concerned about the fatigue to my muscles & my normal practice of resting a day between. Those of you who have done it - do you think I could alternate 30 DS w/my yoga or walking??

Would be nice to have another chat board to check in with everyone now that the challenge is over - even though I was a slacker -it was still inspirational to read about everyone's successes (and struggles - knowing I wasn't alone)!

Congrats on your accomplishments and only the best to you as you continue towards whatever goal you strive to achieve next!!

When I did RI30, I'd add yoga or walking (or zumba) to it, but I was a maniac in the summer. I think alternating is a fabulous idea, since depending on the intensity of walking or yoga, they're almost like active rest days. ;D
  • vsetter
    Options

Heck ya, you did!!! According to my chart --- you lost 6.5 inches with this challenge! Congrats!
  • vsetter
    Options
    How is everyone doing? It is so strange to see NO posts for a Sunday! My week went alright overall. My water is still about half of what it should be. I'll work on that one day. Great exercise week.

My weight today was 126. Down 2 from last week, just jumping around my regular range.

I am going out of town for work this week and am a little nervous. Eating out every day and away from my regular exercise routine. But -- the hotel has a 24 hour fitness center and a pool, so I am going to try to get in other forms of exercise. I'm also going to try and bring snacks with me, so that all I have to think about is dinner.

AND -- it looks like I will be having surgery mid-december. Doc says no lifting for 4 weeks. How am I going to lose weight THAT way???
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    V-- you can still do lots of cardio and leg "lifting," right? And yay for a 24 hr. fitness center and pool!!! There are lots of ways to make a mandatory away-from-home trip healthy. You can do it <3

Didn't weigh this week since I was away (another wedding) and sick. And TOM. I'll weigh next week, more likely.

And yes, it's weird not posting an update on Sunday. :(
  • vsetter
    Options
    V-- you can still do lots of cardio and leg "lifting," right?

I hope so. I was really surprised though because he told me to take 2 weeks off of work and then 2 weeks back with lifting restrictions. It is much longer than I expected. Women get their boobs done all the time. Maybe mine is different than theirs because of the cancer and mastectomy, but still 2 weeks off of work??? I was expecting him to tell me 5 days off and then maybe just take it easier for a while. Oh well.

I have an exercise bike, maybe he will let me use that. When I had the mastectomy though he told me NO. He said that even lower body exercises would pull on the upper body. I'll just cut calories, I guess :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Val, first off...very exciting that you are scheduled.....second, boo no lifting BUT you need to do what is best for your body, so rest up and relax and actually try to enjoy your forced rest, you will be back at it before you know it. :heart: Good luck traveling this week!!

My weight wasn't GREAT this week, up slightly but its TOM, so I can't get too upset about it. I feel like I have been slacking the last couple of weeks too. I've been working out almost every day BUT my diet has been lax and my early morning workout motivation has dwindled. I WILL be better this week......starting today...I shall do ripped in 30 after work night, no excuses :smile:

CC-feeling better????? Hope so!!
  • midnight8
    Options
    I'm going to be kinda crazy with checkin in because I'm "experimenting" ;) he he. A little joice fast and body signal listening. Good luck!
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Members,

I wanted to direct your attention to this post about migrating your group thread into a Group using our newly debuted Group feature.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390510-support-groups-challenges-please-migrate-to-groups

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I think you'll find that transitioning your thread to an official Group is a major upgrade in terms of your ability to interact with each other.

If you've already posted an invitation to your followers to join a Group you've formed, forgive me for not seeing it in the thread!

Thanks!
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff