The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, great with the toe push-ups! Well done!

I can't seem to get out of this rut. I've lost no weight and I've become pretty lazy over over the last few weeks (although it doesn't fluctuate as much and I am a constant 123 Ib) . I think being back at work and super busy combined with my commitment to playing in the oztag competition (a modified touch football game) on Tuesday and Wedneday nights has really taken its toll! But no more excuses!

I really want to start going for my runs again, get 1-2 weights sessions in a week and get my pilates fix but there are not enough days in a week!!

I'm also finding that MFP logs my calorie burn a lot higher than it actually is... I think this may have something to do with my resting heart rate being pretty low to begin with (62 beat per minute) and me needing to push myself harder/faster.

I need to prioritise, focus and push!

Here's the aim (maybe this will keep me accountable)

Monday- 5km Run (3 miles) + home weights
    Tuesday- Oztag (cardio)
    Wednesday- Oztag (cardio)
    Thursday- 4.30pm Pump (weights)
    Sat or Sun- 5km Run and Pilates (either at 3pm Randwick gym or 5pm Maroubra gym)

I always seem to be able to do the cardio stuff but really struggle with the getting motivated to do the weights!!

Wish me luck!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK ljbhill!!!! You can do it Girl!!!!

Val-Holy crap...I know we have been talking about the challenge coming to an end but HOLY CRAP its over Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

I took some prelim measurements this morning and I am happy......

I'm taking the week off from my ab and circuit routines (just doing cardio and strength), I plan on starting Ripped in 30 on tuesday and maybe C25K AGAIN...my ankle is better, still not 100% but very close, I have been able to push it on the treadmill without any pain....we will see how the running goes. Next week, I'm back to two workouts a day. I don't plan on doing ripped in 30 everyday, decided to take a day off in between to do some yoga. When I did the 30day shred my muscles retained so much water, I ended up gaining a lb a week, so I figure I can offset it by taking the break????

My calories were ridiculous monday.....I was a bit hungover so I decided to treat myself to a soft pretzel in the morning, then remembered I was doing a market research food tasting that night, UGH....oh well, weight seems to be holding!

How is everyone this week???
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    K -- Week is going well, except for not enough sleep. That always seems to be the prob. ;X

I'm doing well with the deficit for the weekend, but I'm SUPER hungry tonight. I might just eat all of my exercise cals back (like usual), but we'll see. It was a good foodie day (as usual) but I still feel like I'm always hungry on days that I exercise. Bah.

I have this grand idea that the morning after the wedding, I'll use the gym in the hotel to do a nice run (since I don't have a treadmill at home and HATE running outside in the city...with crazy traffic and cat-calls), but that all depends on the level of debauchery the night before, haha.

And you? <3
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I am NOT carrying any kind of deficit this week.....its amazing how I can go sooooooo long being determined and have willpower, then some weeks, BLAH I just don't wanna. And this My Friends is one of those weeks.
    I should be ok without going over this weekend. I have my nephews bday party and my family always keeps things healthy and lets me know what we will be eating so I can plan accordingly and since I'm driving drinks will be at a minimum.
    Got my calipers yesterday, so I'm going to read up and have my husband TRY and measure my body fat saturday.

xoxo
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well....my week hasn't been that good. I havent been much over calories but I just haven't made the best choices. We really need to get to the grocery store for some fresh fruits and veggies. My diet has been quite high in carbs in place of fresh produce.

I'm really tired tonight and don't wanna exercise tonight.....stomp stomp, whine, whine....

C -- have fun at your friends wedding this weekend! Have a blast!

Kate -- I am super curious to find out how those calipers work out!

LJB -- I think that your plan sounds great! We're here to support you....even after this week! I agree with you --- mfp exercise calories are definitely higher than what you really burn. It might be because of your low resting heart rate, but it may also be because of your tiny size. That's why I love my hrm. But it doesn't sound like you are doing too bad --- oztag sounds like wonderful cardio. Keep us posted :)
  • ljbhill
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support.

V...Tiny frame? I think not! I started at 176 Ib with WW and than lost and was 150 Ib for ages before it starting creeping up again. I'm only 5 foot 2 and have been a size AUS14-16 most my life (US 12/large). My whole life I've been described as big boned and curvy! Tiny frame LOL... I love you!

This week some news!... FINALLY some movement. It's not earth shattering but it is a movement in the DOWNWARD direction. I'm not celebrating just yet because it's only one day. Did my weigh in and finally lost.

120.8 Ib (54.8kg)

On the other hand I failed at my own challange. There was only oz on the Tuesday and Wednesay. I did nothing Thursday and Friday but I WILL run tomorrow. That is set in concrete!!

Good luck everyone with your weigh in!
  • ljbhill
    Options

V...Tiny frame? I think not! I started at 176 Ib with WW and than lost and was 150 Ib for ages before it starting creeping up again. I'm only 5 foot 2 and have been a size AUS14-16 most my life (US 12/large). My whole life I've been described as big boned and curvy! Tiny frame LOL.

This week some news!... FINALLY some movement. It's not earth shattering but it is a movement in the DOWNWARD direction. I'm not celebrating just yet because it's just one day. Did my weigh in and finally lost.

120.8 Ib (54.8kg)

On the other hand I failed at my own challange. There was only oz on the Tuesday and Wednesay. I did nothing Thursday and Friday but I WILL run tomorrow. That is set in concrete!!

• vsetter
    Options

V...Tiny frame? I think not! I started at 176 Ib with WW and than lost and was 150 Ib for ages before it starting creeping up again. I'm only 5 foot 2 and have been a size AUS14-16 most my life (US 12/large). My whole life I've been described as big boned and curvy! Tiny frame LOL.

This week some news!... FINALLY some movement. It's not earth shattering but it is a movement in the DOWNWARD direction. I'm not celebrating just yet because it's just one day. Did my weigh in and finally lost.

120.8 Ib (54.8kg)

Congrats on this latest weight loss. And congrats on the 50+ pounds that you have already lost!!!

Get your run in today. I'll be watching for that post :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh my gosh YES congrats on the weight loss Girl, that's awesome!!!

God damn halloween candy.......my husband came home alittle tipsy last night and opened the bag of candy and I housed the tootsie rolls :sad:

I know I will not be losing this week.....I've done to poorly to be rewarded. I'm just hoping to keep that .4lb loss from last week, even though that's not looking great. :grumble: Oh well, next week will be better for sure, it MUST be!!!

I find the MFP calories burned is low compared to my HRM.....strange, guess it has to do with resting heart rate???

Happy Friday Everyone! Can't wait to get out of work and hit the gym :)
    xoxo
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Boy - I sure fizzled out BIG TIME, didn't I??? Sorry everyone! Was in my funk a lot longer than I had planned. This week, however, I've re-evaluated and am recharged ~ on my way to where I want to be. This morning I weighed in at 151.1 ~ 8.1 pounds from my goal of 143, which I hope to reach before I go visit my cousin in TX mid-December!

Since Monday, I've resumed my [regular] activity, minus the weight training, and have stuck to my meals (planned at least a day in advance) and in these past 5 days have lost 2.2 pounds. It's amazing what a person can accomplish when they focus, move a little and cut out the "crap" for a few days!! The pillowy-pooch I was starting to develop has already started to deflate! (YAY!)

Ordered 30 DS yesterday to hopefully start next week ~ kick things into high gear & shake things up a bit.

For those of you who have stuck it thru the challenge to the bitter end - you should be applauded!! **Clap, clap** I, I hang my head in shame.....

Best of luck to EVERYONE in their final weigh-in & measuring on Sunday! XXXX
  • kblue2007
    Options
    ^^^^MIssed you^^^^^
    xoxo
  • vsetter
    Options
    Boy - I sure fizzled out BIG TIME, didn't I??? Sorry everyone! Was in my funk a lot longer than I had planned. This week, however, I've re-evaluated and am recharged ~ on my way to where I want to be. This morning I weighed in at 151.1 ~ 8.1 pounds from my goal of 143, which I hope to reach before I go visit my cousin in TX mid-December!

Since Monday, I've resumed my [regular] activity, minus the weight training, and have stuck to my meals (planned at least a day in advance) and in these past 5 days have lost 2.2 pounds. It's amazing what a person can accomplish when they focus, move a little and cut out the "crap" for a few days!! The pillowy-pooch I was starting to develop has already started to deflate! (YAY!)

Ordered 30 DS yesterday to hopefully start next week ~ kick things into high gear & shake things up a bit.

For those of you who have stuck it thru the challenge to the bitter end - you should be applauded!! **Clap, clap** I, I hang my head in shame.....

Best of luck to EVERYONE in their final weigh-in & measuring on Sunday! XXXX

Welcome back! We missed you and we are still here to support you :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kate - thanks Val - I missed you too! It's good to be back! And I know that even though this challenge is wrapping up - I still know where to find you! ;)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    weight was up 1lb today, GRRRR, hate halloween candy AND it messed up my belly too!!! Hopefully, I can redeem myself for a better weight in tomorrow.
  • vsetter
    Options
    weight was up 1lb today, GRRRR, hate halloween candy AND it messed up my belly too!!! Hopefully, I can redeem myself for a better weight in tomorrow.

HA! For me, it was the whole pizza that I ate yesterday and the KFC I had for dinner tonight. By belly feels like lead. If I am not too weighted down, I am going to try and exercise some of it off.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ok weight was 129.2....that .4lbs from last week GONE...my fault I did terrible this week. So since we started this challenge I lost a whopping 2lbs, haha!!! BUT my measurements are down!!!

waist-26 1/4
    Hips-36 1/4
    Legs-19 1/2
    Arms-10 1/2
    Lower Waist-30
    Bust-32 1/2

Also had my husband measure my body fat. I used the Jackson Pollack Method and the method that came with the calipers and it comes in between 14.5% and 15.88%...honestly I can not believe it is that low, I might have to go to a dietican to have it officially checked, cause that seems really low!!!!! But it totally made my morning!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday and Monday were rest days
    Tuesday through saturday-cardio and strength

I did horrible this week with food, over A LOT!!!!!!!!

I'll be back later to check back in...just got home from the gym and NEED some food!!!

xoxo
  • vsetter
    Options
    Kate ---
    According to my number chart, you have lost 2 pounds and 5.5 inches!!!!!! 5.5 inches!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!! Most came off of your lower abs and thighs!

GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks Val!!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    So I actually weighed/measured yesterday morning, but:

Weight stayed the same at 134.8. In terms of measurements, since last measurement at 10/2, I've lost one inch in lower abs and a half inch around my thighs.

Sunday: 52 min. yoga
    Monday: 60 min. kickboxing
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: 54 min. circuit training
    Thursday: 33 min. circuit training
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: 32 min. circuit training, 34 min. yoga

Not too bad! This morning, at the hotel, I DID use the fitness center. Win <3
  • vsetter
    Options
    You girls and your skinny thighs......I can't get mine to budge.....they still touch each other....

I tell you.....I meet with my plastic surgeon this week to chat about reconstruction. I'm gonna have him suck some fat while he has me knocked out :)