Positive Praise for Poor Eating?

Options
123457»

Replies

• BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Real life example of this situation:
    I have an MFP friend who is fairly new to the site. The first day he logged he ate the way he normally would and logged all his food for that day. His diet consisted of 100% fast food (all meals) and was somewhere around 4000 calories. Granted, he is a large man (over 6' tall), but wow!
    So his first goal was to cut out soda. The first couple weeks he was logging he continued to consume all fast food, but switched from soda to water.
    I applauded him ever step of the way for this change! Ok, so the big mac wasn't an ideal lunch choice, but I specifically commented on his daily logging that I was happy to see the soda disapear.
    After that became a habbit, I have seen other small changes creep in. Things like eating dinner cooked at home. Ok, not the healthiest dinner, but it wasn't McDonalds. I've seen some subway creep into the daily logging too.
    I agree that the choices aren't all ideal, but I am continuing to give encouragement for the small changes because I think those are the things that are going to last a lifetime.
  • vjt1976
    vjt1976 Posts: 43
    Options
    I would be one of those "people" who you would say is one of those unhealthy eaters! I am a super picky eater. No I do not like vegetables and no I am not going to force them down my throat because someone tells me that in order to lose weight I need to eat them. Yes I want to be healthy and lose weight. I see a doctor every 6 months for my thyroid. Guess what ALL my test show that I am healthy!!! My main thing is staying below my calories so if I want fast food I'm going to have it. I try to make a choice that will put me within my calorie goals. People who know me know what I have accomplished. I don't log my food for people to praise me or judge me. I started on here to be accountable to MYSELF. So I know what I'm eating being right or wrong. If I don't like something I won't comment. I try to stick my comments to exercise post. To me if you are exercising that is so much better for you than just eating "healthy"!

... I can't believe what I just read.

What "can't" you believe? That I can still lose weight while eating things I like?? I'm not saying that I have McDonalds every day. I do try to stay away from it as much as possible. I have kids so yes there are going to be times I eat there.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    What "can't" you believe? That I can still lose weight while eating things I like?? I'm not saying that I have McDonalds every day. I do try to stay away from it as much as possible. I have kids so yes there are going to be times I eat there.

That only works for so long. The weight still comes off for a while, but when youre trying to get rid of the last 10 - 20 lbs, fast food is a killer... Im good all week, work out like crazy, lose a lb, then hit the Big Crack on the weekend... loss gone by monday... sigh. start all over. stupid salty bloat that tastes so yummy...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I see that a lot, and I just don't say anything at all. I never give negative feedback, so I just stay silent. I only praise if it's good.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options

That only works for so long. The weight still comes off for a while, but when youre trying to get rid of the last 10 - 20 lbs, fast food is a killer... Im good all week, work out like crazy, lose a lb, then hit the Big Crack on the weekend... loss gone by monday... sigh. start all over. stupid salty bloat that tastes so yummy...

I have gotten to my goal size, weight and fat % and have had free weekends with fast food and other stuff and it has never effected my weight negatively. I don't even gain water weight. I guess we are just all different.