40 pounds and I don't see the difference

Options

Replies

• bhagavatilad1
    Options
    you need to be truely accurate and honest with your entries check amounts you are eating weigh everything if you need to before eating and exercise. As for you don't see a difference buy a new set of clothes your new size and do a home makeover you'll feel better and good luck I just started today and hope I can do the same as you and be a bit more conservative on the calories.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    "because something is slightly different, but they don't know what...."

Amen.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 40 pounds myself (36 to be exact) and I totally see a difference. I have had to buy new pants and tops lately because nothing fits. People stop me and say you look great now..feels good.

You have accomplished a great thing! Kudos to you!
  • Queenbec2
    Queenbec2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference and you look amazing. Your friend is just too close to you maybe. It's hard sometimes to see the changes when you see someone every single day or even just really frequently. I can definitely see a big difference though. Are you sure you haven't gone down 3 sizes? That top in the second pic looks a bit big on you to me. Take yourself shopping, even just to try things on, and see what else fits. And I agree, undies pics for yourself may make it a little clearer. Keep up the great work!
  • Mcdonaldfitandfree
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! That is so awesome. I would make sure to buy some new clothes in your sizeif you haven't already.

Sometimes that makes a difference on the way you look.

The difference is in the scale,sizes and your attitude.

If you started out pretty big and you are not exercising and toning your muscles,it may not be as noticeable to others.

Keep up the awesome work.

Don't be discouraged.

Taking Zeal for Life and loving it!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • srk143
    srk143 Posts: 27
    Options
    I dont know how you or your friend cannot see a difference....You look fantastic...I say she's a bit jealous ..keep up the good work......
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    I see a change all over, WTG!
  • roxyblack
    roxyblack Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    40 pounds makes a big difference!! Be proud of yourself!!

In my experience, my family saw me regularly and acknowleged that I had lost weight but it was like "yeah I can see a little difference", but once I saw people I hadnt seen in a while, they noticed right away!!!
  • bisco1915
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference. You are looking great! Don't listen to your friend.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have to say out of all the people in your life, your husband would know and i'm sure he wouldn't lie to you. I believe we have an emotional barrier to cross that "YES WE CAN DO THIS" I think even though you are doing it you still don't believe you are. BELIEVE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING IT" Nobody else but you. And as far as your friend, I hate to say it but when you are being successful in losing weight and other can't they will try to knock you off the wagon. I've been there and it's hard for people to just be glad for you. They have to always say things that are not actual. I'm down 138 and I guarantee you, you will start seeing small NSVs "non scale victories" and you'll believe it too. Best of luck and believe your husband, he knows (when it comes to his wife) :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    there is a difference girl!!!!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your photos on your profile and I can most certainly see a difference! Great job!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Honey please! That friend sees it. That's why she was so concerned with your food purchase. Buy a few smaller pieces and enjoy your new body.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That is no friend to say something like that to you! You're doing an awesome job and you look great! I agree with everyone else that you should but some smaller clothes and hold your head high, girl!

The forums at MFP are amazing. I'm so much stronger and better prepared for this lifetime journey than I was just three months ago!!
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    Hateraide is real popular when it comes to "friends" I think they buy it by the case. I see a big difference!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You look great. I think you need new friends.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I definitely see a difference. Keep it up!
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged - 40 pounds is a huge difference. did you think to measure yourself before you started losing weight? If not do it now - you will start to see a big difference in your inches. do your chest, stomach, arms, and thighs. I agree - might be time for some new clothes.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't get upset about that! 2 sizes is a huge difference!!! Honestly I can't wait until I am down two full sizes.
    I think a new outfit and a trip to the spa for some pampering is in order to reward yourself for all your hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!