40 pounds and I don't see the difference

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ladysandy
    Options

Hi honey we can see your first picture but not the second one!!! :(
    And I agree with the two ladies that said the word "JEALOUS" . 40 POUNDS AND 2 DRESS SIZES. Come on there has to be a difference, this person is NOT A TRUE friend, (sorry to say that) and I also heard on the biggest loser show the other day, that it takes a while before our brain relates that you have lost weight if you have been over weight most of your life. I was never over weight until I quit smoking gained 40 lbs. and lost 20 pounds last year and 1 dress size down and I couldn't see the difference either, but people around me would see it.
    Hey 40 POUNDS .... waayyyyy daaaa goooo lady! GREAT JOB!
    Happy Losing :-D
  • libs3091
    libs3091 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow 40lbs is an AMAZING achievement. Congratulations!! you look TOTALLY different in the second photo, especially around your face, neck and shoulders.

Since i started dieting i lost about 20lbs, and could not ever tell the difference until recently when i looked at an old photo of myself. As people have said, its because you look at yourself everyday.

Also, i'd not stick around that friend, there were a few people like that around me. They'd try and say something like how i wasn't getting enough of certain foods, which i was, and then carry on eating their burgers and chips. It's because they feel self-conscious about their own diet and the fact that they can't lose weight like you have.

Keep up the great work!
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    she's probably just jealous! I lost 40 lb slowly over 2 year with having a baby in between and when I look at the pictures, I see a huge difference! You should dig up old pictures of yourself and I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference as well.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    old003.jpg

264834_10150240826659333_786459332_6994935_7462263_n.jpg

Ahhhh, I get it. Your friend is just super jealous! There are definitely big changes happening!!!! You keep on keeping on. You are doing great!!
  • mrdwatson91
    Options
    I'm sure you can see a difference especially being down 2 sizes. :)
  • ladysandy
    Options
    old003.jpg

264834_10150240826659333_786459332_6994935_7462263_n.jpg

hope this works. first one is me at 218 the second one is me a few weeks ago at 182. I am 178 today.

I see a difference in your face and your shoulders especially!

YES! Your friend DOES need glasses, lol. You're amazing, you look really good. Big difference, and I don't lie to boosts any egos, lol. There really is a big difference. keep going strong.

Ohhh woowowwwwwwwwww you look awsome , I see the difference! Great job. keep it up ! x0x
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sweetie.. HONESTLY.. .I can see a HUGE difference. You don't even look like the same person. Either your friend is someone who sees you every day so she can't see the huge difference.. or she's jealous and is being rude.

You have come so far and look so amazing. I am not just trying to be nice, I am being honest.

Can you honestly, and objectively scrutinize BOTH pictures. If you do, you WILL see a difference!!!

I would honestly take those two pictures and show them to the friend who made the rude comment. Kind of a "ka-chow, in your face." move. LOL

Keep up the great work!

God bless!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!