Curves vs Skin and Bones!

Options
12346»

Replies

• tigger81560
    Options
    I agree she is curvy...and I will gladly give you some of my meat..here take all you want. LOL.... Honestly I have never known anyone who needed to GAIN weight... I have always needed to lose and as I get older and I have health problems its like a losing battle. I am hoping I can lose 25 LBS I would be thrilled.....and tone up. Good Luck to you.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

I'll pass..
    Skinny-African-People8745562.jpg

OMG! I'm with you. The girl on the bottom is scary skinny :(

You know that's photoshopped right? Models who look like that don't work. Give me a few and I'll find the original.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have a 'curvy' bottom half, but not so much up top, so i find i am much better on the skinny side, as i am better proportioned.

I find a lot of people use the term curvy when actually they are just excusing the fact that they are over weight - obviously i dont mean the hollywood examples that have been posted as they are all normal size!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

I'll pass..

You know that's photoshopped right? Models who look like that don't work. Give me a few and I'll find the original.

yeah they did it a lot for some reason. photoshopped normal models to freak people out. check out snopes, and see the photshopped versions which were all over the news, and then the original versions below

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/models.asp#photo6
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I think I need to let some people know some facts here, I'm sorry I am not trying to make anyone feel bad. We all have different views, and what I am talking about is not people who are overweight I am talking about the people (eg the hollywood examples with the curves). I'm just saying I do not like it when you can see peoples rib cages and bones. Thin and Skin and Bones are too very different things to me!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    its just peoples frames though isnt it. Seeing someones ribs, does not always mean theyre too skinny, just as someone having a roll of flab doesnt make them overweight necessarily.
    I carry all my weight on my legs and bum, and barely any on my top half. my ribs are very visible in some positions, and lights and not so much in others, but my thighs are really chunky in comparison and im a healthy weight. Its just the way im built. Would like the fat to be more evenly distributed, but not a lot i can do about that without letting my legs getting unnacceptably big, and even then youd probably still be able to see them.
    Its like saying someone with knobbly knees is too skinny etc.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i'm talking about people that you can obviously tell have an ED though..
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

I'll pass..

That's a relief.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I don't know, man.. I'm pretty sure models like that really do exist. yugh.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'2, small frame, but I have always been attracted to men who are a lot bigger and taller. I agree that it is kind of a primitive thing. It makes me feel safer.

See how it is?

Poor guys like myself at 5'7 always get the shaft. Here we have a beautiful (I know this), intelligent, witty, friendly, SHORT girl...

And as usual she wants the jolly green giant.../sigh!

Haha. I don't want a giant. I want someone I can hug and kiss without needing a step ladder. I just am physically drawn to taller guys. The good thing about me is that I'm so short that even in my highest heels, I am still shorter than pretty much every guy I know. My last boyfriend was 5'8, so I'm an equal opportunity kind of girl.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'2, small frame, but I have always been attracted to men who are a lot bigger and taller. I agree that it is kind of a primitive thing. It makes me feel safer.

See how it is?

Poor guys like myself at 5'7 always get the shaft. Here we have a beautiful (I know this), intelligent, witty, friendly, SHORT girl...

And as usual she wants the jolly green giant.../sigh!

Haha. I don't want a giant. I want someone I can hug and kiss without needing a step ladder. I just am physically drawn to taller guys. The good thing about me is that I'm so short that even in my highest heels, I am still shorter than pretty much every guy I know. My last boyfriend was 5'8, so I'm an equal opportunity kind of girl.

Lol...I feel much, much better :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    As far as I know the height of an average women in the US is about the same as here in the UK - about 5 feet 4. Therefore unless a guy is really on the short side he will usually be taller than a large amount of dateable women.

I don't think height is a deal breaker for most women. I've never heard a woman say "You know, he was kind, loyal, generous and the sex was amaaazing but he was just TOO short."

Of my friends, the guy who stands literally head and shoulders (not literally of course ;) above us all in the attracting women stakes is a good 6" shorter that I am at a little over 5feet 6. The thing is he is just supremely confident and that just obliterates any height "advantage". I have seen him literally stand at the serving counter at a bar and say hi to every women that walks passed, good looking or not. The amount who stopped to have a chat and who then gave him their number was enough to kept him constantly in demand. Fun times being single.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think we are all biologically designed to be attracted to certain things, but what it all boils down to is that some people only have their physical attributes and don't bring anything else to the table. I don't want to downplay the importance of physical attraction in a relationship, but there obviously has to be more than that or the physical things are worthless. I always thought being short was a flaw, probably in large part because I have a twin sister (fraternal) who is 6 inches taller than I am, and she always seemed to get more attention. But now that I'm a grown woman, I love my height (or lack thereof). I love that I can put on a pair of 5-inch heels and not tower over the guy standing next to me. Not every woman can get away with that, but I can, and that makes me feel sexy and feminine.

Women talk about feeling more "secure" with a taller/bigger guy, but the truth is that no matter how tall someone is, if he doesn't care about you, he's not going to put himself in harm's way for you. A man who loves you will do whatever is necessary to keep you safe, and height will not be a factor. So biology does not outweigh rationality. For me, at least.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Skin and bones looks better in clothes, but curves looks better without.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

I'll pass..

That's a relief.

That is just sad! This girl needs help.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Women talk about feeling more "secure" with a taller/bigger guy, but the truth is that no matter how tall someone is, if he doesn't care about you, he's not going to put himself in harm's way for you. A man who loves you will do whatever is necessary to keep you safe, and height will not be a factor. So biology does not outweigh rationality. For me, at least.

Yes, very well put. From an evolutionary perspective women may be genetically hardwired to look for a man who is tall or broad as it denotes strength, the ability to shield her from harm, care and protect her. However, the reason that man risen to be the most dominant species on the plant is our ability to think and rise above our inherently animal nature to our betterment. Our mind is now our most important asset is the times we live in.

Cognito ergo sum.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think we are all biologically designed to be attracted to certain things, but what it all boils down to is that some people only have their physical attributes and don't bring anything else to the table. I don't want to downplay the importance of physical attraction in a relationship, but there obviously has to be more than that or the physical things are worthless. I always thought being short was a flaw, probably in large part because I have a twin sister (fraternal) who is 6 inches taller than I am, and she always seemed to get more attention. But now that I'm a grown woman, I love my height (or lack thereof). I love that I can put on a pair of 5-inch heels and not tower over the guy standing next to me. Not every woman can get away with that, but I can, and that makes me feel sexy and feminine.

Totally agree with you on this one. I'm short too.