**Team Body Rock - August Challenge** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• ashley_7979
    Options
    I'm going to try to do 5 miles. The temperatures are still going to be over 100 so maybe I can get up early next Saturday and Sunday and do some walking before it gets too hot.
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can for sure do 8 extra miles next week, I have a lot going on so I can't promise more. However it's supposed to be a beautiful week here and I may be able to get more in.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My favorite quick recipe is great for a fruit dip
    or alone as a pudding

Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt - Vanilla Yogurt , 16 oz. 220 40 0 12 180 30
    Dole - Crushed Pineapple (In Its Own Juice), 1 container (244 g 1/2 cups ea.) 140 36 0 2 0 32
    Great Value - French Vanilla, Sugar Free Pudding Mix, 1 package 120 32 0 0 1,760 0

mix a large container of fat free plain yougurt
    with a can of drained crushed pineapple
    1 package of suagr free vanilla pudding mix

80 calories per cup

I can walk 2 miles per day for 14 miles on the challenge
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoooop! Just weighed in and I'm over the moon to be posting a 1.5kg (3.3lbs!) loss!! Might just be an odd scale blip ... but I'm taking it!! Weight now 75.5kg or 166.4lb.

I'm not sure when we're supposed to weigh in, but I'm going to do Sunday morning, as whilst I'm working fulltime I'll forget during the week. (too busy getting children ready!)

Looking forward to next week!!
  • Flodanna
    Flodanna Posts: 19
    Options
    I can do 8 miles next wee. I only have Mon-thursday to get them done though. Road trip!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I am ULTRA sore today. It sucks being an all or nothing girl because at times I push myself too hard to prove that I can do it. I over did it yesterday....and I am feeling it today. And I went out dancing last night with the girls and sang some karaoke. I am just plain hurting and my thighs keep cramping up....OUCH!! But I am proud to have burned 9,254 calories in just 6 days. Today I am taking an exercise break and then will hit hard again tomorrow.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and the next set of exercise challenges. As sore as I am today, I know I will be hurting this time next week! But as they say "no pain, no gain" though I prefer "no pain no loss" because I sure don't want to be gaining anything. Have a great day Body Rock Team!!
  • SouthernCityChic
    SouthernCityChic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What I've done is asked everyone to do 5 miles for the 100 mile walk and if you do more that's awesome because there might be some who fall short. This way we at least know we are on the right track to reaching our goal. Along with emailing me with your nightly totals please include how many extra miles you were able to do so I can make sure we don't fall short.. Thanks so much & Keep up the good work!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    I just read on here where Bikermom was leaving :(

So.. We will have a add those 5 extra miles on somewhere so please everyone try for as many miles as you can get this week & We can still hit out goal!!!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    Spinach Chicken Parmesan
    Serves 6

Prep Time: 10 Min
    Cook Time: 35 Min
    Ready In: 45 Min

Ingredients
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1 tablespoon chopped pimento peppers

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. In a small bowl combine cheese and seasoning. Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly. Set remaining cheese mixture aside. Arrange coated chicken pieces in an 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
    3. In a small saucepan, saute green onion in butter/margarine until tender. Stir in flour, then add milk all at once. Simmer, stirring, until bubbly. Stir in drained spinach and pimiento and mix together. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and chicken juices run clear.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 186 | Total Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 78mg
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I will be going for the 5 miles this week...hoping to pull in a little more, just in case we need it! :)

Here's my recipe:

SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SOUP

2 chicken breasts - Grill chicken, chop into small pieces
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp chilli powder
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 can black beans, rinsed
    1 can chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can corn, undrained

1 handful of chopped cilantro, if desired

Combine this all in a pot and simmer for a while. Garnish with cheese, if you want. This can be served as is or with tortilla chips or fritos. It is good hot or cold!

Serves 8
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Tough day here ... kids are sick ... husband is sick ... fortunately I'm OK, at the moment! Except for the fact that I need more sleep and my body seems to think food would be an ideal substitute ... not even had my dinner yet and I'm over ... need to go for a run me thinks, but probably can't do that until they're all asleep .... until then I need to stop eating!!
  • idahogirl71
    Options
    I think Gary has fill-ins and subs available to replace those who drop out of the challenge.....maybe we could get a fill-in since bikermum has left us?!?
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am ULTRA sore today. It sucks being an all or nothing girl because at times I push myself too hard to prove that I can do it. I over did it yesterday....and I am feeling it today. And I went out dancing last night with the girls and sang some karaoke. I am just plain hurting and my thighs keep cramping up....OUCH!! But I am proud to have burned 9,254 calories in just 6 days. Today I am taking an exercise break and then will hit hard again tomorrow.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and the next set of exercise challenges. As sore as I am today, I know I will be hurting this time next week! But as they say "no pain, no gain" though I prefer "no pain no loss" because I sure don't want to be gaining anything. Have a great day Body Rock Team!!

That is an absoulutely amazing burn!! 6 days....it wouldn't be just my thighs that were cramping :laugh:
  • marianeo
    Options
    What I've done is asked everyone to do 5 miles for the 100 mile walk and if you do more that's awesome because there might be some who fall short. This way we at least know we are on the right track to reaching our goal. Along with emailing me with your nightly totals please include how many extra miles you were able to do so I can make sure we don't fall short.. Thanks so much & Keep up the good work!

I'm gonna try for at least 5 miles....
  • marianeo
    Options
    I have it a bit easier today than I'm used to. Tommorrow is a public holiday in SA (womens day) so I decided to work from home today :bigsmile: , soooo....this morning I took the opportunity to fit in the trail walk at my daughters school, did two circuits for 7.55km, thats 4.68miles!! so although I said I would only be able to do an extra 5miles, looks like it will be more like 10 this week!

still have 30 day shred - level 2 and my squat kicks to do later!

Better get some work in now

TTY later!!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    Gary sent me a couple of people to replace the 2 people we lost but when they saw the workouts they said no :(
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick and easy recipes: (This is one from my recipes, I just measured the ingredients that I had on hand, that's why the numbers may seem random lol)

11oz Raw Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
    8 tbsp LaChoy Teriyaki Sauce
    91g Raw Zucchini
    70g Yellow Onion
    85g Yellow Squash

Serves 2
    (I serve over brown rice, nutritional count not included)

Calories: 222 Carbs: 19 Fat: 6 Protein: 41 Fiber: 2 Sodium: 479
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Got 25 of the 50 squat kicks done, these things are no joke!
  • idahogirl71
    Options
    Down 5.6 pounds since we started this challenge and I am stoked!!!!!!

Waiting to see what this week will help me lose!

Have a great week Team Body Rock!!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    Make sure you email me your weigh in so I can get our weekly report turned in asap, thanks!