Loose 10lbs in august red team support-

Options

Replies

• la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I definitely didn't make the calorie-burn challenge, due to not having time AT ALL on Tuesday. But I did my best to get 500/day the rest of the week. My appetite has been WEIRD this week so I haven't really eaten enough - which thankfully means I am down 3.1 pounds this week! WOOHOO! But I'm a bit worried about just HOW low it's been, particularly given that a lot of it has been junk. I really want to try to eat more healthfully this week. That's my own personal challenge, I guess. (She says, at 10:30 local time, not having eaten a thing yet.... d'oh.)

You have not been the only one! I was the same way this week with a very low appetite. Today I finally ate more but I ate crap too! Since I hardly ate there was hardly any energy for exercise... Next week will be better.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    My appetite has been ok this week but today wow I could eat everything on my house! I was wondering, since the mini challenge was give on Monday I've been under my net cals by about 400-500 each day, so I'm thinking I may actually let myself go over today as I'm obviously needing it, if I do gain anything it should be
    Minimal and gone by next week anyway! Having said that the scale showed another 2lb gone this morning so I'm not too worried!

What I am worried about however is my mums wedding on Friday! I'm having to travel 350 miles in the car with my children on Thursday to the spend 4 days with my grandparents who really are feeders bless them! First meal on the menu will be my ALL TIME FAV steak pie make by my grandad! He knows I love it so it's a given it'll be there waiting for me when I arrive! I'll do my best to do some exercise if I can get some time to myself, I guess only time will tell!
    Would it be ok to give my weight in detail on Thursday as I can the use my own scales rather than someone else's?

Do we know when the next mini challenge is given?

Have a great weekend guys!
  • Jennra
    Jennra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a space cadet bc I didn't realize the mini challenge!! Yikes! I didn't make the 500cal a day either but I've been nursing my back this week, so I haven't been exercising much more than doing things I have to do! I will keep a closer eye on this thread for the next mini challenge! :o)

I am down 2 lbs this week, but I had found myself plateaued for 4 days...so who knows!!

:o)

Jennra
  • julesgrek
    julesgrek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not a bad first week for me...I was hoping for 3 lbs, but since I did not come close to meeting the exercise challenge, I sort of expected a lack-luster result.

I lost 1 lb for the week. But hey, it's a start!
  • LaurenKauf
    Options
    Great job Everyone on a great week! Keep up the good work!!!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    OOPS, Yesterday i had a rest day and allowed myself to go over on cals as i had such a huge defisit for the week, We had a burgerking and altho i was ok with the calories (a little high but ok on the whole) I did not realise how bad it was for sodium! Just that meal alone had over 11000mg! I was so shocked! Needless to say i'll be holding some water now lol! Drinking plenty to flush it out but i certainly wont be making that mistake again! I'm off for a loooong run today so hope to burn a few cals! also doing 30ds so should be able to claw things back, i figure i have 4-5days to make it right!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    OOPS, Yesterday i had a rest day and allowed myself to go over on cals as i had such a huge defisit for the week, We had a burgerking and altho i was ok with the calories (a little high but ok on the whole) I did not realise how bad it was for sodium! Just that meal alone had over 11000mg! I was so shocked! Needless to say i'll be holding some water now lol! Drinking plenty to flush it out but i certainly wont be making that mistake again! I'm off for a loooong run today so hope to burn a few cals! also doing 30ds so should be able to claw things back, i figure i have 4-5days to make it right!

Kell, I'm beginning to believe that sodium is the devil and fast food is his henchman...lol I had Subway yesterday, thinking I was making a good, healthy choice with apples and a coke zero, and the sandwich alone had over 1000mg of sodium!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    So far we're at 283.1 lbs lost as a team!! Keep up the good work! I'll post the full roster later this afternoon. :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Here's the link to the main challenge thread if anyone needs it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/306511-lose-10lbs-in-august-challenge?page=2
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump so it's in my topics
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ok so I didn't make the 500 calories burned per day, BUT I did burn 3,520 calories for the week. So it's almost like burning 500 cal per day! haha :) Here's what I did this week for exercises:

Weekly Goal: 3,500
    Mon: 94 (cleaning)
    Tues: 813 (Power 90 Sculpt, Wii EA Sports Active - 2 workouts)
    Wed: 863 (Power 90 Cardio, Wii EA Sports Active, Walked 2 miles)
    Thur: 325 (Power 90 Sculpt)
    Fri: REST DAY
    Sat: 775 (Power 90 Cardio, Yardwork)
    Sun: 650 (Power 90 Sculpt, Wii EA Sports Active, Wii Just Dance 2)

Total: 3520
    Left to go: -20
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    When will the week 2 challenge be posted? And will it be posted here? I missed last weeks, only saw it thru teammates posts. :sad:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    When will the week 2 challenge be posted? And will it be posted here? I missed last weeks, only saw it thru teammates posts. :sad:

I would look for it to be posted after all of the announcements are made by the team captains in the main thread. If our captain doesn't copy it to here, I will do it, so that it's hopefully not missed by anyone. Good luck!!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Athena413
    Options
    I haven't heard anything from SommerJo about this week's challenge yet, but I'll be sure to post it here once I figure out what it is. Here's the link to our updated spreadsheet. ROCK ON SPARTANS!!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdHBZdW1RWjlvMGRPWEppZXpRRUszdkE&hl=en_US
  • Athena413
    Options
    Weekly Goal: 3,500
    Mon: 786 (zumba)
    Tues: 698 (running/weight training)
    Wed: 0
    Thur: 317 (running)
    Fri: 807 (P90X - Kenpo X)
    Sat: 563 (treadmill intervals/weight training)
    Sun: 394 (running)

Total: 3,565
    Left to go: -65

Woohoo! I made it!! :drinker:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Wow...I didn't realize it had been that much this week :noway: And Kwald66...I just don't even know what to say, CONGRATS!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Wow...I didn't realize it had been that much this week :noway: And Kwald66...I just don't even know what to say, CONGRATS!!

LOL...I think Kevin might hit 10 lbs before the end of the month! :drinker:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    You think????? I think he might hit 10lbs by tomorrow :noway:
  • lemondrop75
    lemondrop75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do I join the team. I try to work out every day doing any thing from walking to jogging and playing hand ball. I am 159lb and 5 feet 4 half inc.