Replies

• Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Why are we Spartans again?? :D
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've been terrible about logging what little I can do for exercise. I know I'm not anywhere near the 500 calorie burn goal though. All I am allowed to do is leisurely walking and my normal housework/cleaning...therapist and doctor won't let me do more. Not even power walk! It's frustrating that I cannot help out the team more.

Don't worry about it, just do what you can! You're not letting down the team - and you are the most important in your journey anyway. Just try to stay motivated and log what you can, reasonably. You need to stay healthy, so definitely follow your medical advice!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new to the team!

So far this is my week: plan:

Mon: Run 3miles (complete)
    Tue: Walk/Run 3 miles (complete)
    Weds: Weights
    Thurs: Run
    Fri: Weights
    Saturday: Run 8miles

Not sure what my calorie burn was since I didn't wear a heart rate monitor but I'll try and do better with that and monitor it better so I can reach my daily goals this week of 500 per day cal burn. My weekdayruns have been 348ish calories but I'm sure if I wore a daily heart rate monitor I would have reached the 500 calorie burn with the extra chasing young kids around and cleaning house. But my Saturday runs are over 1000 cals since they are longer runs.

This is EXCITING! I want to go buy me an exercise video of some kind so I can use that in the evenings to help me add more calories burned!

Just Remembered..I have Comcast which has VIDEO ON DEMAND and it has lots of exercise videos for free! I'll use one of them tonight. Gosh I'm excited! Thanks TEAM!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    I'm SO glad I found this thread today cuz I am already BEHIND on the challenge -- which I also completely forgot about. Definitely reminds me why daily check-ins are important. So far, I've burned 1704 calories this week, so that means I have 1796 calories left to burn! It's time to step it up, and luckily, I have just enough days to do it....
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!! I have a goal to lose 10 pounds this month, and this week's challenge is fantastic!! Thanks for having this. This will light a fire under me to come here every day and check in. I'm so excited!!
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    How the eff do you post a photo in your signature? lol.

Also, since everyone has been so kind as to post their schedule, here's mine:

Mon - Burned 559 calories doing the Shred, and my first day of the C25K.

Tue - Burned 614 calories doing the Shred, walking 4.0 mph for 45 minutes, and rode my bike to work for 15 minutes at a leisurely speed.

Wed - Burned 301 calories doing the Shred and 15 minutes of yoga. I planned on this day being my rest day, so I'm going to have to rely on my work to help me burn the extra calories. I lift boxes/push around heavy things/walk around and sweat a lot at work but I never log it.

Thur - Shred, and C25K.

Fri - Shred, walk for 45 minutes.

Hoping that I don't disappoint anyone!! Let's go Spartans! AROO!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Reds! Finally checking in so I can keep track of the challenges. I've been in a migraine & allergy induced stupor the last couple of days, but hopefully I can get back on track today and go for that 500 cal burn!
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hit the 500 cal mark with Turbo Jam today. I need to remember how great I feel AFTER I work out. Wwhen I don't feel like doing it, I need to draw on that memory and keep going!!!
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Go team red!!!
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello fellow Team Red members! I've been hitting the exercise mark pretty well, I think. I run in the mornings and according to the pedometer on my iPod I'm clocking in between 630-720 calories. :o) Go Team Red!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!! Almost WI day RED TEAM!! I'm so excited :o)
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Had an awesome NSV today!!
    2 weeks ago, it took me 22 minutes to walk a mile. Today, it only took me 18!! :happy:
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    Is the 500 calorie burn a day supposed to be through exercise? I was just wondering because of breastfeeding.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Red's, I am on your team. Good luck everyone!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Had an awesome NSV today!!
    2 weeks ago, it took me 22 minutes to walk a mile. Today, it only took me 18!! :happy:

Great NSV...All it takes is a little time to get better, stronger, faster :-)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Why are we Spartans again?? :D

Umm...because someone mentioned that red is the color of Spartans and I thought Spartans were bad@$$...no good reason, really. :tongue:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Is the 500 calorie burn a day supposed to be through exercise? I was just wondering because of breastfeeding.

Through exercise, yes, so if breastfeeding counts as exercise, I say count it!

Does breastfeeding count as exercise? I wouldn't know - I've never had kids!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I dont count nursing as exercise, but I do count it in my food diary. it minuses 500 calories when I add it. so I eat that back so I get that extra 500 to make some good milk. plus I still workout and eat some of that back.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day but since I just joined this team you guys got me all pumped up! So I went and bought 30DS with weights and completed day 1. Boy was it good!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Scales are showing 2lb loss today :D very happy just hope it stays that way for Friday!

It's raining here for the next few days and as my other half's new job means leaving early and getting back late I'm not sure how I'll get to the gym during the week, so I'm trying to think of things to
    Do at home. Today I'm going to do 30ds and clean the house from top to bottom if my son will allow! I'm also thinking I might try and do some weight training and abs work, if normally do it at
    Gym but I may be able to get away with doing it at home. We shall see!

Hope you all have a fab day!

I have to aft these challenges are really sooooo motivating for me so far, I really feel the support and encouragement from my friends on here is giving me a real boost! Thanks so much! And if I'm not your friend feel
    Free to add!! :)