Loose 10lbs in august red team support-

Options

Replies

• Janeway72
    Options
    I missed yesterday too and am 65 calories short plus I'm only at 388 today and I'm shattered. So I still have about 150 calories to burn today. I guess I'd better get on that exercise bike :-(
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Spartans!

I'm super excited to be a part of this challenge. I am also doing another mommy challenge which I LOVE, but I think this will give me even more motivation... Couldn't hurt anything, right?:tongue:

I love being healthy & fit, and love the support network that MFP offers. If anyone would like some extra support/encouragement feel free to send me a friend request w/ a message so I know you're from my team :wink:

The mini-challenge of burning 500 calories daily will be perfect to take everyone's weight loss to the next level. I do not intend on eating my exercise calories back, but I never really do:blushing: My personal stance on that subject is to eat more calories (~100-200cal) if you start to feel hungry or tired all the time. If you feel great, you're probably fine - your body will definitely let you know if it needs more food... I am also nursing my 8-month old, so I am sure to eat enough calories to keep up my milk supply.

My recent NSVs:

-being able to run a 5k (I'm in the Navy) with absolutely no warning b/c I am in good physical shape now
    -having tons of coworkers ask me how I was able to lose all my baby weight & tell me how great I look
    -having the clothes that I just bought before the Summer started (size 6/8) fit loose when I put them on now

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm looking forward to seeing lots of progress at our our first weigh-in Friday - Go SPARTANS!:bigsmile:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Third week in a row with Zumba! haha, this Spartan is learning dance moves.
    I will find different ways to burn those 500 calories and this one I like.

LOVE it that you're not too prideful to do Zumba! So many guys think it's just for girls and they are SO wrong. What they don't know is that the founder of Zumba is a guy!! Beto ROCKS! Good for you!!!
  • klnguyen80
    Options
    Go RED!!!! Can't wait to see the results! Feel free to add me!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Let's go Red team AKA The SPARTANS!!! I love that name!!! We can do this you guys!!!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Go team RED!!

My weigh in days are Tuesdays so she just told me to keep doing that and she will post it on Friday. Only 0.8 this week. Kind of bummed but hopefully will kick it next week. Burned 500+ calories last night at Zumba but work late tonight. Need to do something. Might go run up some stairs before my lunch break is over.

Keep rocking it RED team!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    507 cals burned today, woo! 3DS day 7, Jogging with weights and walking!

My NSVs are getting to day 7 of 3DS! Buying 2 size 12 (UK) tops this week! And bumping into a friend earlier who said she didn't recognise me for a moment because 'you looked too skinny!'

It's good because the scales are not being kind this week so in need of NSVs!!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    507 cals burned today, woo! 3DS day 7, Jogging with weights and walking!

My NSVs are getting to day 7 of 3DS! Buying 2 size 12 (UK) tops this week! And bumping into a friend earlier who said she didn't recognise me for a moment because 'you looked too skinny!'

It's good because the scales are not being kind this week so in need of NSVs!!
  • pocha0704
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Im excited to be part of this team!
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    def havnen't been on the computer and missed our little blog-- getting on now :)
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    Options
    Super stoked for my first challenge. I'm gonna need this thread to be alive and kicking if I want to make it all the way to September. We can do it!
  • katie_kaboom
    Options
    Just joined this group...glad to be aboard! :happy:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/306717-lose-10-lbs-in-august-challenge-part-2

New link to the challenge thread since the original thread got filled up.
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Burned 600 calories! My arms are still shaking :)
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all...go RED!!! Done my part of 856!!!! Go team!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Let's keep it moving ladies and gents...already 1200 calories in for this week!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Redders!!!

Nice to see everyone doing so well and that we have our own thread to support and motivate one another.

I officially burned 302 calories, but I cleaned pretty much all morning and I'm sure I've burned at least 200 or more calories doing that. Should be good then.

So happy this challenge will keep me grounded. :)
  • jsiler181
    Options
    Helloooo Team Red!!! Didn't make my 500 calories burned yesterday (working 10 hour days wipes out a lot of my workout time lol) but I should be able to make it today :) Just gotta get on my bike after I eat dinner!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone ROCKS IT this month! Feel free to add me :D
  • mymagicalinkerytour
    Options
    I hit over 500 burned calories today, though I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that one off! I swam for 40 minutes - I hope the exercise count here is accurate as that's what I have been using. On top of that I walked 1 1/2 miles and used the Wii for 20 minutes. Also I ate back most of my 500 calories, because I wasn't sure if I needed to or not...tomorrow will be a challenge for me - my grand daughter is spending a couple of days. She's a handful but she'll probably like to use the Wii with me. There's no way she'll be able to keep up for my walks!
  • marleneakameme
    Options
    I dont even know what the first challenge was. I cannot get the spreadsheet link to open on my iphone. Ugh!