Loose 10lbs in august red team support-

Options

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    How do I join the team. I try to work out every day doing any thing from walking to jogging and playing hand ball. I am 159lb and 5 feet 4 half inc.

I've added you to our roster, just be sure and send me an updated weight every Friday and check back here and on the main thread for updates/mini-challenges.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Can I weigh in on Thursday this week? I'm leaving for my mums wedding Thursday morning so will be 350 miles away from my scales on Friday lol
  • sveltelady
    sveltelady Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WOW I just looked at the spreadsheet! us spartans are awesome and i am so glad that I found this challenge and this site! i needed to be made accountable instead of living the "oh well i messed up already today, lets just eat whatever i want for the day and start tomorrow" that clearly doesnt get me anywhere.

thank you all for just being there!
  • kell_riley
    Options
    I've taken this from the main thread!

Now -- this week's mini challenge. We had such an overwhelming positive response to the calories burned challenge -- we'd like to keep it. Some of the feed back we got was that 500 was alot to shoot for though. So -- Here's what we revised....we know that time is limited for alot of us. some people can burn 500 calories watching an aerobics video -- others can spend hours trying to acheive that.

Your challenge -- should you choose to accept it is......

30 minutes of exercise for at least 6 days a week.
    64 oz of water/day.

What we'd like to see Friday is....
    How many minutes did you exercise for....
    How many calories did you burn...
    How many oz of water did you drink....

Was wondering should we have messaged with cals burned for the week? I didn't but i sure can!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm down like four flat tires! 30 minutes a day 6 times a week. Lets do this Red team !
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Gooo Spartans :) I can't find the spread sheet :(
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This week challenge copied from main thread:

64 oz of water/day.

• lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I accept the new challenge! It should be easy after last week's 500 calorie daily burns:tongue:

It looks like the Spartans are doing really well, based on the updated spreadsheet results. It's kinda hard to tell for sure which team is winning b/c of the different numbers of people on each team..

Go SPARTANS!!!:bigsmile:
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    30 minutes a day 6 days a week - easy
    64oz water - more of a challenge.

I am one who can workout for 60 minutes going full force & still not get 500 cals, so this is good.
  • kell_riley
    Options
    This challenge is way to easy for me, I drink 90oz od water anyway and am doing 30mins plus 6 days a week in exercise, hmm may try and stay with the 500cal theme
  • lisey116
    lisey116 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been on a slight hiatus for the past few days and ready to start off fresh today with the new challenge and stick with it. Curveballs that life throws sometimes can come at the most inconvenient time!!!

Go red team!
  • Kassie37
    Kassie37 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

64 oz of water/day.

Was wondering should we have messaged with cals burned for the week? I didn't but i sure can!

Thanks for posting the challenge here. I just have one question. Friday is only 5 days away - so when should we send the minutes/calories/water to our team leaders? I guess I was confused about this last mini challenge also. We weigh in on Friday...but when does the mini challenge week end?
  • kell_riley
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure kassie, I think the mini challenges are Monday to Monday but that'll have to be confirmed by our boss lady lol
  • Athena413
    Options
    Can I weigh in on Thursday this week? I'm leaving for my mums wedding Thursday morning so will be 350 miles away from my scales on Friday lol

Yes, that's fine!
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    also, were we supposed to report officially on the calories burned challenge? I did the 3500 but didn't see exactly where I should post.
  • Athena413
    Options
    I've taken this from the main thread!

Now -- this week's mini challenge. We had such an overwhelming positive response to the calories burned challenge -- we'd like to keep it. Some of the feed back we got was that 500 was alot to shoot for though. So -- Here's what we revised....we know that time is limited for alot of us. some people can burn 500 calories watching an aerobics video -- others can spend hours trying to acheive that.

64 oz of water/day.

Thanks for posting! I was just getting ready to post this myself.

I didn't have anyone send me their calorie burns because I didn't realize I was actually supposed to be tracking that, too, so don't worry about it. :)
  • Athena413
    Options
    To answer a few questions:

I didn't realize that I was actually supposed to keep track of all those calories burned, so if you WANT to send me your calories burned, I can total them up and give an update, otherwise, don't worry about it for last week.

Since the challenges haven't been being posted until Monday, it only makes sense that they would run Monday-Sunday, but weigh-ins are on Friday. I'm not sure on this one either, so I'll check with SommerJo and get back with you.

You guys and gals are doing awesome!! Keep up the good work!
  • Athena413
    Options
    This challenge is way to easy for me, I drink 90oz od water anyway and am doing 30mins plus 6 days a week in exercise, hmm may try and stay with the 500cal theme

Excellent thought! Way to keep yourself motivated!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Just added a few last minute changes I received today...we broke 300 lbs lost in the first week!!!!!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdHBZdW1RWjlvMGRPWEppZXpRRUszdkE&hl=en_US